• Audition: Surrey Little Theatre recasting a role for its autumn show Social Security. Looking for a man, 40-50s for the comedy. Contact ASAP: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Backstage volunteer spots also open.
• Open Studio: Eight artists are in the show that runs Sept. 11 to 22 at the Fort Gallery. Opening reception is 2 to 50 p.m. on Sept. 15. Info: fortgallery.ca.
• Black Comedy: Theatre in the Country show runs Wednesdays through Saturdays Sept. 12 to 28. Dinner theatre or performance only tickets available online. Info: theatreinthecountry.com.
Friday, Sept. 6
• Open house: Theatre in the Country, 5708 Glover Rd., has an open house on Sept. 6 from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. to meet the teachers and tour the facility. Info: theatreinthecountry.com.
• Northcott Clefstad Kimura: Artists exhibit is Sept. 3 to 8 with the open house at 7 p.m. on Sept. 6 at the Fort Gallery. Info: fortgallery.ca.
Saturday, Sept. 7
• Langley Good Times Cruise-In: From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept. 7, downtown Aldergrove is turned into a massive all-volunteer auto show with manner of makes and from all eras. Proceeds donated to local charities. Info: langleycruise-in.com.
• Jazz in the Fort: Fort Langley Jazz and Arts Festival dinner performance series starts Sept. 7 with the Dave Quinn Trio and Nina Michelle at Mangia e Scappa, 23238 Mavis Ave. Reservations required. Info: mangiaescappa.com or 604-888-4104.
• Free children’s concert and open house: Jazzology is at 1 p.m. in the Langley Community Music School during its open house which runs noon to 2 p.m. on Sept. 7 at 4899 207th St. Info: email@example.com.
Friday, Sept. 13
• Movie in the Park starts at dusk in Douglas Park, 20550 Douglas Cres. Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and picnic baskets for a free outdoor movie. Info: city.langley.bc.ca/events.
• Boppin’ in the Park You’ve Gotta Have Friends invites everyone to a free evening concert and dance part 5 to 6 p.m. on Sept. 13 in McBurney Plaza. Performing is Six Gun Romeo.
Saturday, Sept. 14
• Second annual Mayor’s Gala with the Township of Langley Firefighters Charitable Association being held at Standard Aero, Langley. Tickets on sale at: https://tlfcs.org/mayors-gala-tickets/.
Sept. 20 to 22
• West Fine Art Show at Glass House Estate Winery, 23449 0 Ave. Info at: www.westart.ca
Programs are free unless noted otherwise.
• Aldergrove Library, 26770 29th Ave., 604-856-6415
– Builders Club: Kids can try out Keva Planks and LEGO 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Mondays. Sept. 16, 23, 30, Oct
• Brookswood Library, 20045 40th Ave., 604-534-7055
– Knit and Crochet Nights: For knitters and crocheters of all abilities and ages. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. Sept. 11, 18, 25, Oct. 2, 9
• City of Langley Library, 20399 Douglas Cres., 604-514-2850
– Babytime, Mondays, 2 to 2:30 p.m.
– Storytime, Thursdays, 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.
– LEGO Club, Mondays, 4 to 5:30 p.m.
– Close Knit Langley, Tuesdays, 2:30 to 5 p.m.
– Scrabble Club, Wednesdays, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Fort Langley Library, 9167 Glover Rd., 604-888-0722
• Muriel Arnason Library, #130 20338 65th Ave., 604-532-3590
• Murrayville Library, 22071 48th Ave., 604-533-0339
– Collector Club meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month (except in July and August). Chat with other collectors of items new and old. Learn about community resources and more. Free. Oct. 3.
– Tween Tuesday: for Graded 5 to 8. Learn about the FVRL Playground and other creative projects. From 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Walnut Grove Library, 8889 Walnut Grove Dr., 604-882-0410
• Aldergrove Telephone Museum, 3190 271st St., 604-857-0555, www.telephonemuseum.ca
• B.C. Farm Museum, 9131 King St., 604-888-2273, www.bcfma.com
• Canadian Museum of Flight, 5333 216th St. hangar 3, 604-888-3992, www.canadianflight.org
• Langley Centennial Museum, 9135 King St., 604-888-3922
• Fort Langley National Historic Site 23433 Mavis Ave., 604-513-4777
• Heritage CN Station: See the 1915 station, the heritage gardens, and vintage rail cars from noon to 4 p.m. weekends. Info: www.langleyheritage.ca. Volunteers needed Saturday and Sunday.
• Langley Memorial Hospital Museum: in Michaud House, 5202 204th St.
• Surrey Museum 17710 56A Ave., 604-592-6956 surrey.ca/heritage
Out and about
• Brookswood Senior Centre, 19899 36th Ave., offers lots of activities:
– Square and Round Dancing, Tuesday (plus) 7 to 9:30 p.m. and Wednesday (beginner/mainstream) 7 to 9:30 p.m. (September to May)
– Beginner line dancing, Thursday 1:45 to 2:45 p.m.
– Beginner Plus, Thursday, 2:45 to 4 p.m.
– Intermediate line dancing, Thursday 4 to 5:45 p.m.
– Synergy advanced line dancing, Sunday, 12:30 to 3:45 p.m., and Thursday, 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. High improver intermediate class, Thursday 8 to 10 p.m.
• Surrey Square Wheelers: Wednesday: beginner/mainstream level 7 p.m. $5 and $6 for guestrs. New dancers receive three free evenings after they register. At the Brookswood Seniors Centre, 19899 36th Ave. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-534-0863 or 604-916-0653, surrey.squaredance.bc.ca. Deadline to sign up for new dancers is Oct. 17. Dancing resumes Sept. 11.
• Langley Garden Club: Regular meetings are the second Monday each month at the United Churches of Langley (formerly Sharon United), 216th Street and 48th Avenue at 7 p.m. with parlor show, speaker and refreshments. Drop-ins are welcome. Info: langleygardenclub.com.
• Port Kells Art Club: Offers classes. All levels of experience welcome. In oils and acrylics. Annual membership: $30. The club holds two art shows annually. Meets September to June at 20701 Fraser Hwy. Info: Susan Black, 604-592-2357 or email@example.com.
• Fraser Valley Symphony: Positions available (violin, viola, and string bass), but other interested musicians are invited to inquire. Grade 8 RCM or equivalent required. Rehearsals are Monday 7:15 p.m. at Abbotsford Traditional School. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Langley Concert Band accepts new members (teens and adults) with at least one year of musical experience and meets Mondays 7-9 p.m. in the R.E. Mountain Secondary band room, 7755 202A St. Info: email@example.com or 604-513-8927. All instruments welcome. Musicians must have a minimum one year playing their instrument and a love of music.
• Senior Opus Singers: No experience is necessary, only a love of singing. The group does familiar tunes from days gone by and meets Tuesday afternoons at the Renaissance Retirement Resort, 6676 203 St., at 2 to 3:30 p.m. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Scottish Country Dancing: The first lesson is free. Check out the lively dancing. No partner necessary. Beginners welcome. The group meets Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. in the Fort Langley Community Hall. $5. No experience needed and no partner required. Info: Rebecca, 604-530-0500 or email@example.com. Season resumes Sept. 14.
• Creative Compass Society: Open mike events every second Wednesday at Maria’s Gelato, Fort Langley. Music starts at 3 to 7 p.m. Myles of Smiles is dedicated to musician Myles Seib who died of a brain tumour at 29. Performers wanted for upcoming events. Info: www.creative-compass.com.
• Langley Community Chorus: Join the 80-voice choir that rehearses Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. The chorus is seeking male tenors. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• South Fraser Pipes and Drums: The group meets Wednesdays 7 to 9 p.m. at Coghlan Hall. Potential members welcome. Info: Nancy, 604-782-9975.
• Music@Midweek: Free concerts are at noon in the Langley auditorium of Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
• Langley Quilters’ Guild: Members meet on the fourth Wednesday, except in December, at the George Preston Recreation Centre. The day meeting is 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The evening meeting is 7:15 to 9 p.m. Info: Kathleen, 604-597-6414, or www.langleyquiltersguild.com.
• Langley Camera Club: Meets 7 p.m. at Fort Langley Community Hall, 9167 Glover Rd., on 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wed. of each month. All levels of photographers and newcomers welcome. Info: 604-532-9212.
• Opus One Women’s Choir: Accepting new members. No audition or experience required, only the love of singing! If singing is for you, Opus One Women’s Choir is sure to make your heart sing! Rehearsals every Wednesday at R.E. Mountain Secondary School choir room. 7:15-9:15 p.m. Info: email@example.com.
• Square dancing: Adult beginner classes are at the Brookswood Seniors’ Centre, 19899 36th Ave., 1:45 to 2:45 p.m. Info.: 604-838-8821, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.surrey.squaredance.bc.ca.
• Langley Writers’ Guild: Meets 10 a.m.-noon on the first, second, and fourth Thursdays of the month at St. Joseph’s Hall, 20676 Fraser Hwy. All genres. Meets September to June. The group will consider one evening meeting per month if there is interest. Info: Deanna, 604-530-0951.
• Central Valley Community Pipe Band: The band is accepting new pipers and drummers of all levels. Meets Wednesday evenings at Coghlan Community Hall. An 8-week beginners’ program will be offered in the new year. Contact Nancy Gleeson (email@example.com or 604-782-9975).
• Men’s a cappella group: New members welcome to the group that meets Thursdays, 7-10 p.m. at 20525 72nd Ave. Info: Gord, 604-530-4795.
• South Fraser Community Band – Intermediate band looking for new members (Surrey-White Rock-Langley-Aldergrove-Abbotsford). Meet in the music room of Elgin Park Secondary School, 13484 24th Ave., Surrey. Rehearsals are from 7:45 to 9:45 p.m. Info: President Bob Butula at 604-502-0456.
• Partners Bridge – Every Friday except the second Friday of each month, at 7 p.m. at Aldergrove’s OAP Hall. Cost is $2.
Old-time dances: OAP hall, 3015 273rd St., has Saturday dances from 1 to 4 p.m. $6, includes snacks and tea/coffee.
• Guys ’N Gals Square Dance Club – Dance classes every Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. at the OAP Hall, 3015 273rd St. The first three classes are free to new dancers, $7 at the door.