It has been reported by Marc Stein that the Milwaukee Bucks will hold their media day this Sunday, one day after the Milwaukee Bucks are allowed to begin training camp to begin their preparations for their games in Abu Dhabi against the Atlanta Hawks. Sunday may be the day we get a formal introduction of DeMarre Carroll to the coaching staff.
We have some questions that we hope can be answered by Jon Horst, Mike Budenholzer and potentially the players involved about the upcoming 2022-23 NBA season.
Burning questions for Milwaukee Bucks media day: What is the plan with Jordan Nwora?
We looked at this situation recently and it is very confusing wondering why there hasn’t been any action on this front. Why hasn’t there been a report on whether or not Jordan Nwora will accept his qualifying offer, an offer that was extended to him months ago?
This will certainly be a question that can only be answered by General Manager Jon Horst or by Jordan Nwora himself. However, with October 1st being just over a week away and that being the deadline (unless the Bucks file for an extension) for the qualifying offer the Milwaukee Bucks extended to Nwora to expire, we should expect answers soon.
The Milwaukee Bucks have been active in making calls on players potentially available for trade, having been confirmed to have checked in on Kevin Durant and Jordan Clarkson. While neither of those players have been traded, having a $2 million salary available to add to a deal could certainly help balance out salaries. Asking Jon Horst about the Bucks being active in any ongoing trade talks could also certainly be another burning question for Sunday.
Communications and Social Media Specialist – Quill & Quire
Orca Book Publishers
Published: September 23, 2022
Orca Book Publishers is a successful, growing, independent Canadian children’s book publisher. With over 1200 active titles in print and digital formats and 90 new titles/year, we have a vibrant, well-respected publishing program. We are looking for a professional, motivated person to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for books, strong organizational skills and a willingness to work with an amazing team. Our preference is for someone who can work in in our office in Victoria, BC, although we will consider an applicant from outside of Victoria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overview: Promote Orca titles, authors and brand online through a cohesive and organized presence across newsletters, social media platforms and blog. Create and manage campaigns collaboratively with the marketing and sales teams, including writing online and print copy for a variety of audiences.
- Manage a comprehensive newsletter schedule with multiple content creators and audiences, such as authors, booksellers, teachers, librarians and wholesalers.
- Write and lay out newsletter content in collaboration with the marketing and sales teams. Deploy and track newsletters according to the schedule.
- Create and schedule for Orca’s social media accounts, including maintaining a calendar of all posts and ongoing campaigns.
- Monitor social media channels to engage with the public and respond to questions. Support our authors’ social media presences and promote their events.
- Seek out ways to optimize our online engagement via creative content, targeted ads and industry partnerships. Administer a monthly social media advertising budget. Build and maintain a list of influencer contacts.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on social media and newsletter campaigns.
- Work with the design team to create assets for newsletters, social media and other marketing promotional materials.
- Craft and revise press releases, pitches, letters, taglines and other marketing copy as needed, including working on metadata and book cover copy.
- Maintain a list of media contacts and disseminate press releases.
- Oversee the Orca blog: create content, write posts, interview authors and promote on social media.
- Produce and edit promotional video content: author interviews, book trailers and other videos as needed. Manage Orca’s YouTube channel.
- Attend and assist in the execution of local Orca events.
- Background and education in Writing, Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing and/or Publishing. Publicity experience is an asset.
- Exceptional writing skills; ability to modify writing tone to the audience. Copyediting and proofreading skills are an asset.
- Expert knowledge of contemporary social media, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Ability to understand the different audiences for each. Experience with social media advertising is a plus.
- Highly efficient and organized; proven leadership and project-tracking skills along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work across many projects at once.
- Keen interest in the Canadian children’s book publishing industry.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and contribute to a supportive environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive and other general office software.
- Experience with project management software like Asana, social media management software like Hootsuite, or email programs like Constant Contact or MailChimp is an asset.
- Understanding of basic design principles with an eye for beautiful, effective and eye-catching design. Ability to create visual content for social media using software like Canva is an asset.
- Enjoy working with people and other animals in an office environment.
Orca Book Publishers is an inclusive employer with a passion for books that matter. We are strongly committed to diversity within our community and especially welcome applicants who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We are also committed to ensuring that young readers see themselves reflected in the books they read. We aim to produce books that illuminate the experiences of people of all ethnicities, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTQ+. We have a particular interest in publishing books that celebrate the lives of Indigenous people. Our fiction includes characters from diverse backgrounds and unique family structures, and our global nonfiction celebrates the variety of ways people live and educates readers about important issues. Providing young people with exposure to diversity and the opportunity for social change through reading creates a more compassionate world. We encourage applicants to learn more about us at www.orcabook.com.
We strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter by October 7, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply; only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Which team may surprise people in the NCHC, key takeaways from media day, key conference players to watch – The Rink Live
Now that the dust has settled from NCHC Media Day, The Rink Live takes an in depth look at the conference with its podcast with reporters Matt Wellens, Brad Schlossman, Jess Myers, Mick Hatten and Joe Paisley. Wellens covers Minnesota Duluth hockey, Schlossman covers the University of North Dakota, Paisley covers Colorado College and Myers interviewed two representatives from every NCHC team at media day. The group covered a variety of topics including their big takeaways from media day, which team may surprise some people in the conference race, key players throughout the league and more on this episode of The Rink Live podcast.
Biggest takeaways from Media Day:
2:30 Mick Hatten: The big turnover in personnel within the league
3:40 Brad Schlossman: Key items in commissioner Heather Weems’ address to the media
5:00 Matt Wellens: Key items in commissioner Heather Weems’ address to the media, how the conference looked at other online streaming platforms
7:10 Jess Myers: How financially sound the conference is and why, Brad on how the NCHC absorbed the pandemic
10:10 Joe Paisley: The benefits of being a single-sport league, one year of operating budget in the bank
Biggest impact players on the team you cover:
12:15 Brad Schlossman: North Dakota’s Riese Gaber
13:35 Joe Paisley: Colorado College’s Kaidan Mbereko, Brett Chorske, Gleb Veremyev, Cade Ahrenholz and Hunter McKown
15:24 Mick Hatten: SCSU’s top line of Jami Krannila, Zach Okabe and Veeti Miettinen, D Jack Peart
17:25 Matt Wellens: UMD’s Blake Biondi, Dominic James, Derek Daschke
20:15 Miami’s good power play in a tough season in 2021-22
22:25 Jess Myers transfers: North Dakota goalie Drew DeRidder, Denver forward Tristan Broz
24:10 Mick Hatten: Western Michigan F Jack Perbix
25:15 Brad Schlossman: Omaha’s Tyler Weiss, Joaquim Lemay, Jacob Guevin; Western Michigan’s Carter Berger, Zak Galambos
Brad Schlossman Memorial Question: Who will be this season’s NCHC surprise team?
28:00 Why St. Cloud State is a team to watch
35:50 Why Colorado College is a team to watch
Tackling Today’s Billing and Revenue Challenges for Media – SAP News Center
When a legendary media and entertainment company launched a new streaming service, it faced several challenges: how to best support management of significant growth expectations, how to best connect with global payment providers across different countries, how to best connect to various partner echo systems, and how to best support the subscription service from subscriber sign-ups through to revenue allocation on a global level.
Seeking answers, this media company looked to SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management with the SAP Convergent Mediation solution by DigitalRoute for a single, pre-integrated solution with the business scalability to support growth for the company’s new and existing streaming services.
After an impressive project launch and only seven months to market – aided by the tremendous flexibility, rich out-of-the-box functionality, and configuration-driven deployment of SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management and SAP Convergent Mediation by DigitalRoute – this company was reaping a host of benefits, starting with automated revenue management via eliminating ad hoc tools and manual processes, improved back-end revenue management, and faster financial reporting. Benefits also included auditability and traceability across the organization and elimination of revenue loss and incorrect reporting, all while improving overall margins. Finally, the company emerged with a greatly increased ability to expand across different regions and global financial institutions.
While this media company’s scale is impressive, the challenges it faced and the opportunities it seized are not unique. In this digital era, data volume is increasing exponentially and organizations of every size and stripe are adapting to the new reality.
Businesses that shift from a product to a subscription model and from indirect to direct sales will encounter a dramatic increase in the number of consumer transactions they must track – from the thousands into the hundreds of millions, even billions, of transactions. In addition to producing incredible data volume, these transactions can occur on multiple commerce platforms, requiring that data from various sources be integrated into one accounting system.
All businesses face increasingly complex billing and mediation requirements, and there are myriad solutions available. But as businesses grow, they can end up with a complex, unwieldy ecosystem of billing and mediation software that leads to its own set of challenges, from the inability of legacy platforms to keep pace with usage data growth to labor-intensive, error-prone manual processes to the technical limitations inherent in disparate systems.
SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management, in conjunction with SAP Convergent Mediation by DigitalRoute, helps eliminate the inefficiencies inherent in sprawling, fragmented commerce, sales, and billing landscapes and helps ensure streamlined, agile, error-free billing and revenue management.
SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management is a comprehensive, modular solution for the high-volume consumption businesses typical in the media and entertainment space. Designed to optimize the business life cycle processes of design, sales, delivery, and billing, SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management enables various flexible consumption models and uses highly automated and optimized processes to help tackle huge volumes of data with limited manual intervention while maintaining full financial transparency.
First developed for the telecommunications industry, where complex data management and demanding performance capabilities are a must, SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management now helps diverse organizations all over the world, including many of the major media streaming companies, to monetize their digital journeys as they create innovative new offerings, seamlessly blending the content acquired and created with subscription and usage-based services.
SAP Convergent Mediation by DigitalRoute collects data from any stream or source and can provide unified control and visibility of revenue stream processes across an enterprise. Together with SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management, it can enable SAP customers to:
- Process large volumes of raw data quickly and accurately, eliminating cumbersome manual processes and errors
- Bring multiple data sources together to simplify, secure, and automate data processing for billing and revenue management.
Automated, secure, accurate billing processes are a must for today’s media companies. Learn more about how SAP Billing and Revenue Innovation Management and SAP Convergent Mediation by DigitalRoute can help your organization thrive in today’s landscape and be ready to grow into whatever tomorrow brings.
Richard Whittington is global head of Media at SAP.
Quebec election: Fiona briefly throws off Quebec election campaigns
Quebec election: PQ leader fighting to revive sovereignty debate — and his own party
Every 22 minutes a Canadian woman dies of a heart attack. Most of those deaths are preventable – CBC News
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Europe kicks off vaccination programs | All media content | DW | 27.12.2020 – Deutsche Welle
Global Media Markets, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F – TV and Radio Broadcasting, Film and Music, Information Services, Web Content, Search Portals And Social Media, Print Media, & Cable – GlobeNewswire
News22 hours ago
India warns citizens in Canada about safety
Politics21 hours ago
Equilibrium/Sustainability — Oil’s diversity push crashes into abortion politics – The Hill
Science24 hours ago
Approaching storm may delay launch try for NASA moon rocket – CP24
Health24 hours ago
Health Matters: COVID-19 patients developing autoimmune diseases – Global News
Sports21 hours ago
Rejuvenated Hoglander opening eyes at Canucks camp: 'He looks so much faster' – Sportsnet.ca
Art17 hours ago
Tribune's Ruth Lloyd winner of 2022 Downtown Williams Lake Art Walk grand prize draw – Williams Lake Tribune – Williams Lake Tribune
Tech22 hours ago
Apple updates iOS 16 to fix shaky iPhone 14 Pro camera and copy-paste issues – Yahoo Canada Finance
Politics20 hours ago
Politics Podcast: Is Social Media Turning Us Into Political Extremists? – FiveThirtyEight