Well, we have hit a stinky new COVID-19 low.
An Australian doctor suggests the coronavirus can be spread through farts.
During an Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s podcast, Dr. Norman Swan warned that feces air set adrift may be able to spread the virus.
“No bare-bottom farting,” Swan advised, according to the New York Post.
‘Don’t fart close to other people, and … don’t fart with your bottom bare.”
There is no conclusive study or published data that ass gas is a COVID threat.
Yet, health officials in New York state have cautioned against oral contact with feces during sex.
COVID-19 case identified at second Port Coquitlam seniors home – The Record (New Westminster)
A resident at a Port Coquitlam long-term care facility has tested positive for COVID-19, marking the third seniors care home in the Tri-Cities with at least one case of the coronavirus.
Fraser Health identified the case at Nicola Lodge Wednesday, May 27, and the resident has been put into isolation at the facility.
“This facility outbreak is a recent one. We’re still looking into it,” said Fraser Health’s top doctor, Dr. Martin Lavoie.
Fraser Health does not currently know how the virus entered the facility.
Lavoie added that Fraser Health is in the process of investigating whether anyone has been in contact with the infected resident. Meanwhile, Fraser Health SWAT teams have implemented “enhanced control measures.”
The case marks a third flare up of the novel coronavirus in a Tri-City care home and the only active case in such a facility after the Shaughnessy and Dufferin care homes had their outbreaks declared over in recent weeks.
Nicola Lodge also marks the 17th seniors homes run by Sienna Living that has identified at least one case of COVID-19, according to a tally on their website. Most are in Ontario, including the Altamont Care Community in Scarborough, one of five seniors homes singled out in a recent report by the Canadian Armed Forces, which had been sent in to aid staff.
The report, released Tuesday, details “horrific” allegations of insect infestations, aggressive resident feeding that caused choking, bleeding infections, and residents crying for help for hours across the five facilities.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford called it “the most heart-wrenching report” he’s ever read in his life, according to a report by the Canadian Press.
At Sienna Living’s Altamont Care Community, the report detailed several allegations of neglect, including residents not receiving three-meals a day, bed sores worn through ligament and tissue to the bone and dangerous errors in administering medication.
The military said it brought in its own food to make sure residents were fed.
— with files from the Canadian Press
p.p1 margin: 0.0px 0.0px 8.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Geneva; min-height: 17.0px
p.p2 margin: 0.0px 0.0px 8.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Geneva
Two more deaths, eight cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa while local resolved rate hits new high – OttawaMatters.com
Ottawa Public Health (OPH) is reporting two more local deaths related to COVID-19, but it’s also seeing a higher resolved rate of cases than ever before.
The local death toll is now at 240.
Eight new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in the community on Thursday brings Ottawa’s total to 1,930 to date. Of those, 1,544 have been resolved, putting the city’s resolved rate at 80 per cent for the first time since the start of the pandemic.
Due to a lack of community testing, OPH says the overall case count could be anywhere from five to 30 times higher than what has been recorded. Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Vera Etches is urging anyone with even the slightest of symptoms to get tested. Residents who are asymptomatic, but would like to be tested are also welcome at the assessment centre at Brewer Arena or at one of the COVID-19 care clinics.
There are 37 Ottawa residents with COVID-19 currently in hospital and 18 outbreaks in local institutions.
3 new coronavirus cases confirmed in New Brunswick connected to health-care professional – Globalnews.ca
New Brunswick confirmed on Thursday three new active cases of the coronavirus that appear to have a connection to a health-care professional who worked in the Restigouche area.
The person travelled to Quebec earlier this month and did not self-isolate upon their return.
The new cases are of an individual under 19, another between 40 and 49 and the third over 90, who all reside in the Campbellton region.
At Thursday’s press briefing, Premier Blaine Higgs said information on this health-care professional has been passed along to the RCMP to determine exactly what took place and whether charges are warranted.
“I understand the person’s employer is also looking into the matter and I am confident the appropriate steps to address this incident will be taken.”
CEO of Vitalité Health Network Gilles Lanteigne said it has been contact-tracing since Wednesday afternoon and has so far tested 50 to 60 employees who had been in direct or indirect contact with the physician.
“We do the staff and the physicians that are under Vitalité and then probably help test the community contacts by doing over 100 tests,” said Lanteigne.
Campbellton Regional Hospital
As a result of the recent case of the health-care professional, the province announced that the emergency department at the Campbellton Regional Hospital is closed until further notice due to the increased risk of COVID-19.
“Non-urgent or elective health-care services at the hospital have also been put on hold. For now, patients seeking emergency care are asked to visit the Chaleur Regional Hospital in Bathurst,” the province said in a statement.
Higgs said many Zone 5 health-care workers and their families “are concerned about their potential exposure to the virus.”
“They are doing the right thing by getting tested and self-isolating until they have the results. Health-care workers in Bathurst are being asked to take on additional patients while their colleagues in Campbellton are unable to work,” he said.
Back to Orange level
On Wednesday, Zone 5 transitioned back to Orange level under the province’s COVID-19 recovery plan.
“The only reason we went back to Orange in that case (was) because we have a lot of contact tracing to do… so being very aware and needing to close the hospital in the region right now,” said Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health.
So far, she said 811 has received many calls, and about 290 people will be tested.
“We have great capacity to do that.”
In the meantime, Russell said the province could see transmission of the virus in other parts of New Brunswick if people have travelled to Zone 5 (Campbellton region) and did not maintain physical distancing.
Russell also noted that testing in the coming days will reveal a lot of information about the extent of transmission that may have taken place.
According to the province, the following rules apply to Zone 5 only:
- A two-household bubble is permitted. Your household can join up with one other household if both households mutually agree. You must not have close contact with anyone else. You cannot join up with more than one household or bubble.
- Non-regulated health professionals and businesses such as acupuncturists and naturopaths cannot operate at this time.
- Personal services businesses such as barbers, hairstylists, spas, estheticians, manicurists, pedicurists and tattoo artists cannot operate at this time.
The province said officials from WorkSafeNB and the Department of Public Safety are in the area to ensure compliance.
“They will closely monitor and assess the situation in the days ahead,” the province said in a statement.
All other zones in New Brunswick will remain at Yellow level.
The state of emergency has also been extended for another 14 days.
Both cabinet and the all-party cabinet committee have approved the extension. New Brunswick has been under a state of emergency since March 19.
To date, 23,693 tests have been conducted in New Brunswick. There have been 126 confirmed cases. The number of active cases is six and 120 people have recovered from their illness. None of the active cases are in hospital.
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Town of Outlook passes social media policy for employees, council – The Outlook
Trophy Tracker: Vezina – NHL.com
Tesla's Musk earns $770M in stock options, company confirms – OttawaMatters.com
- Sports21 hours ago
How Street Fighter helped lay the foundations for the esports boom
- Sports23 hours ago
Maple Leafs’ Dubas on winning with an asterisk
- Science6 hours ago
Tesla’s Musk earns $770M in stock options, company confirms
- Investment19 hours ago
Westwater Resources to Present at the 121 Mining Investment Online Americas Conference on June 2-4, 2020 – Financial Post
- Health6 hours ago
Three New COVID-19 Cases In Campbellton Region
- Sports22 hours ago
Hamilton would play for Hurricanes
- Politics21 hours ago
Climate Politics: Trendspotting – Resilience
- Media6 hours ago
Donald Trump justify his social media crackdown