Connect with us

Business

Everything you need to know about Stage 3 in Brampton – inbrampton.com

Published

on


 

On July 29, the province announced that both Toronto and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) will move into Stage 3 on Friday, July 31 at 12:01 a.m. 

The Ontario government says the decision, made in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and local medical officers of health, is based on lower transmission of COVID-19, ongoing hospital capacity, public health capacity to conduct rapid case and contact management, and a significant increase in testing.

Other parts of the province entered the third stage of the province’s reopening plan on July 17 and 24, 2020.

This announcement is a result of the progress our community has made over the last month and demonstrates the ongoing hard work and dedication of our residents, businesses, frontline employees and healthcare professionals in keeping each other safe,” said Mayor Patrick Brown.

As we move into Stage 3 of the provincial reopening this Friday, I remind everyone that we must keep up our efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We must remain committed to following Peel Public Health’s safety guidelines so that we can continue to move forward in our reopening and recovery together.”

Here’s everything you need to know about Stage 3 in Brampton. 

All City playgrounds, play structures and outdoor fitness equipment will reopen on Friday, July 31. Signage will be posted in parks to advise residents to practise proper health and safety measures. 

Outdoor sports fields are now open to leagues for gameplay, in accordance with the Province’s Return to Play guidelines.

Beginning on August 10, canoe and kayak rentals will be available at Professor’s Lake. 

Beginning the week of August 10, Brampton will reintroduce an extended offering of Fitness in the Park, a free outdoor fitness program that will be offered on a drop-in basis.

This program encourages residents to engage in safe, open-air fitness activities during the warmer months and in areas where physical distancing is possible for large groups.

Days, locations, and timeslots have been expanded for increased capacity. Program offerings will include Boot Camp, Meditation, and Zumba(tm). A full schedule will be available here.

After Labour Day, indoor pools, fitness amenities, and limited drop-in programs (by reservation only) will reopen for public use.

Public swims, lane swims, aquafit, and aqua therapy will be available at select indoor swimming pools by reservation only.

Drop-in programs will include Arts, Sports, Dance (Recital & Non Recital), STEM, and Skating. Fitness amenities will reopen for drop-in cardio and weight room use. More information on all programs and services beginning after Labour Day, including how to register, will be made available here.

All recreation centres remain closed to the public for walk-in use at this time. 

All City festivals, events, performances and community event permits for events at City facilities and performing arts centres, including The Rose, will remain cancelled until Labour Day on September 7, 2020, inclusive.

New holds may now be placed for curbside pickup at select library branches with a valid library card.

Residents are invited to reserve materials online and select from a list of five library branches that are active in delivering this service. 

Strict physical distancing measures will be in place at Brampton parks and indoor facilities as they reopen.

A distance of 2.0 metres must be maintained at all times from anyone a resident does not live with. 

As part of Stage 3 of the province’s reopening plan, indoor gatherings of up to 50 people and outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people are now permitted with physical distancing.

Those not adhering to physical distancing regulation can be fined a minimum of $500 and a maximum of up to $100,000 for each offence. Residents can still call 311 to report non-compliance. 

Effective July 10, 2020, non-medical masks or face coverings are required in all indoor public spaces in Brampton.

Brampton City Council passed the Brampton COVID-19 Mandatory Face Coverings By-law following the advice of Peel Public Health, which will remain in effect until October 1, 2020. 

From May 5 to June 14, 2020, the City conducted a survey for residents asking how they would like to access services and programming.

A total of 4,500 responses were received.

Key highlights indicate that 87% of respondents preferred an approach to reopening of City facilities that prioritized public safety, even if that meant delays.

Additionally, it indicated that 88% of respondents agreed that the City should work to make as many services as possible available online and 82% of respondents preferred accessing City services online or by phone.

The City of Brampton is working closely with its partners at Peel Public Health and the Brampton Emergency Management Office to continue to monitor risks.

Click here for regular updates and call 311 to reach the City of Brampton and the Region of Peel at any time.

<!–

fbq(‘track’, ‘ViewContent’);

–>

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Business

Saudi Aramco profits crash 73% as coronavirus sinks oil market – RT

Published

on


The world’s biggest oil exporter, Saudi Aramco, has reported massive losses for the second quarter, with its net profit nosediving 73.4 percent, as the Covid-19 outbreak crippled global demand for crude.

The oil giant’s net profit plunged to 24.6 billion riyals ($6.6 billion) for the three months to June 30, from 92.6 billion riyals ($24.7 billion) in the same period of 2019, according to a regulatory filing published at the Tadawul exchange where its stock trades. For the whole first half of the year, Saudi Aramco said its net income plunged to 87.1 billion riyals ($23.2 billion) down 50 percent from 175.9 billion riyals ($46.9 billion) one a year ago.




Also on rt.com
Crude prices slide on oversupply fears as major oil producers set to ramp up production



“Strong headwinds from reduced demand and lower oil prices are reflected in our second quarter results,” CEO Amin Nasser said, adding that the company is trying to adapt to the unprecedented conditions created by the pandemic. “We are seeing a partial recovery in the energy market as countries around the world take steps to ease restrictions and reboot their economies.”

Read more



Apple is now even BIGGER than Saudi oil behemoth Aramco

The financial results, which were even worse than analysts predicted, however, did not sink the company’s stock. After the company presented the report on Sunday, its shares were up slightly by 0.15 percent. Notably, the company’s shares fell much less this year than those of its overseas peers. While Saudi Aramco stock slipped around six percent, those of Exxon Mobil were down 38 percent, while Shell declined by half.

Most energy companies have taken a painful blow from the coronavirus pandemic as lockdowns to contain the spread of the deadly virus limited travel and halted production, crushing demand for crude and sending oil prices into a tailspin. In April, US crude futures entered into negative territory for the first time in history.

While crude prices have already bounced from April lows thanks to output cuts agreed on by OPEC+ producers, they are still down around 30 percent from a year earlier.

Saudi Aramco went public last year, with its IPO becoming the largest in history. The oil giant has long held the position of world’s most valuable company – until last week, when it was dethroned by US tech giant Apple.

For more stories on economy & finance visit RT’s business section

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Business

COVID-19 Bulletin #150 – news.gov.mb.ca

Published

on


Need More Info?

Public information, contact Manitoba Government Inquiry: 1-866-626-4862 or 204-945-3744.

Media requests for general information, contact Communications Services Manitoba: 204-945-3765.

Media requests for ministerial comment, contact Communications and Stakeholder Relations: 204-945-4916.

Twitter Feed

Quick Links

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Business

Ontario adds 151K new jobs in July, majority are part-time positions – CTV Toronto

Published

on


TORONTO —
Ontario added 151,000 new jobs in July, the country’s national statistics agency said, but the majority of them were part-time positions.

After losing more than one million jobs in a three-month time span following the declaration of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ontario added about 378,000 jobs in June. In July, employment in the province grew by 2.2 per cent.

The Labour Force Survey (LFS) released on Friday, which used the week of July 12 to 18 as a sample, said that businesses and workplaces across Canada have continued to reopen after being shuttered due to COVID-19 restrictions. At the same time, the survey was conducted while much of the province was still in Stage 2 of Ontario’s economic reopening plan.

“Although public health restrictions had been substantially eased in most parts of the country—with the exception of some regions of Ontario, including Toronto—some measures remained in place, including physical distancing requirements and restrictions on large gatherings,” Statistics Canada said.

Of the 151,000 jobs added in Ontario, Statistics Canada said that about 145,000 were part-time positions. The agency attributed that number to the fact that part-time workers were hit hardest by the shuttered economy months ago.

“This was due to a number of factors, including part-time work being more prevalent in industries that were most affected by the COVID-19 economic shutdown, namely retail trade and accommodation and food services.”

Ontario’s unemployment rate has now fallen to 11.3 per cent, down from 12.2 per cent the previous month.

In Toronto, employment also rose by about 2.2 per cent, with close to 26,000 jobs added in the city. Statistics Canada says that employment in Toronto has now reached 89.9 per cent of its February, pre-COVID-19 level.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford posted a brief message on social media Friday afternoon saying he was happy to see the July labour numbers.

“What I love are the job numbers today, 150,000 people going back to work, the premier said in a video on Twitter, noting that there is still work to do to rebuild the province’s economy.

“That is great news for the people of Ontario.”

About 419,000 jobs were gained across Canada in the month of July, reducing the national unemployment rate to 10.9 per cent. 

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending