Every organization’s main aim while allocating training resources is to find ways to increase the training program’s effectiveness. A training program that is optimized to save time and effort for both the learner and the executives while delivering its learning objectives is the ideal deal.
Despite being vigilant about all the issues, many organizations find their training programs ineffective in enhancing employee performance. This usually happens due to common yet important issues with training and development.
For most issues, though, what works best is an effective LMS loaded with superior features and the latest techniques to overcome each one. The ease with which your staff can access LMS training enhances employee performance and saves time and effort.
In this article, we will be looking at common challenges that hamper the effectiveness of your training module and how an LMS can help trounce them.
Challenge 1: Tight Employee Schedule
Juggling between work, family life, and other responsibilities consumes most of the employees’ day. Adding to it, the pressure of training can worsen the problem even more.
- Consider communicating key concepts with attractive and exciting graphics. You can use infographics, GIFs, or short videos to catch their attention. Give them a break from reading boring text that infuses boredom in any program.
- Include short and straightforward assessments whenever possible. This will give them a chance to evaluate their learning progress better.
- Make the training format mobile-friendly. This allows them to learn anywhere they wish to and helps save time. It also makes the training much more convenient.
- Use a micro-learning approach to deliver content in a crisp manner. Bite-sized chunks make the training content easier to consume.
Challenge 2: Geographically Dispersed Workforce
With the increase in the remote work culture, many organizations find it challenging to create a training module that can uniquely cater to each employee’s diverse needs. With a geographically dispersed workforce, chances of misunderstandings and cultural differences rise, which leads to inconsistencies in training.
- Incorporating social tools to unify the dispersed team is a great way to impart training. Video conferences, webinars, and online forums are great options to initiate communication and foster trust and empathy between team members all across the globe.
- Set clear training goals right from the beginning. This enables the team members to know what exactly is expected of them during the training and how this module will benefit them improve their performance.
Challenge 3: Irrelevant Training Material
Many organizations make the mistake of making the training program too generic. The information doesn’t cater to any specific role and skills. Generic information tests the learner’s time and patience by forcing them to associate with content that simply isn’t relevant to them.
- Categorize the training material into specific and non-specific categories. Include features like gamification to let the learners engage with non-specific but essential training content. Add features like rewards, badges, and points to encourage learners to follow the training pattern efficiently.
- Keep the training material up-to-date—update skills and information to keep the material relevant at all times.
- Use relatable case studies and scenarios to increase engagement and relevance.
Challenge 4: Exorbitant Training Budgets
Conducting training is an expensive affair. From booking a venue to hiring an instructor to travel costs, it requires the organization to shed a lot of money.
- Switch to the online mode of training. You can train a large number of employees despite being on a tight budget.
- Switch from face-to-face seminars to webinars. This will limit the travel cost and help save time as well.
Challenge 5: Poor Engagement
Employee engagement is crucial for any training to be a success, be it cognitive, emotional, or behavioural. Lack of engagement, passive learning, and poor knowledge retention leads to many training and development challenges.
When training feels unnecessary, engagement drops, leading to poor knowledge retention.
- Use discussion forums and create spaces for learners to engage and communicate. This encourages them to connect emotionally with other learners and thus increases engagement.
- Use case studies, relevant scenarios, and role play to incorporate practical learning. This enhances their cognitive engagement and prevents boredom.
To create an excellent learning culture, adopting ways to make the training as engaging as possible is essential.
Investing in an LMS empowers organizations to improve training effectiveness by providing solutions to every challenge.
It will create an environment where employees will be engaged in their training and will also be up-to-date with important information, which will lead to their healthy growth, and as the employees grow, so will you.
Ottawa expands price caps to Russian petroleum products to reduce revenues
The department says the maximum price for seaborne Russian-origin petroleum will be US $100 per barrel for “premium-to-crude” products as of Sunday, and US $45 for “discount-to-crude” products.
It says in a press release the new caps build on a Russian crude oil price limit announced in December, adding both moves will weaken President Vladimir Putin’s ability to fund the war against Ukraine.
The Department of Finance says the caps will be enforced by prohibiting buyers who do not abide by the price caps from obtaining services from companies in the G7 or Australia.
It says the price cap mechanism has been designed to reduce Russian revenues while recognizing the importance of stable energy markets and minimizing negative economic effects.
Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland says Russian oil revenues have already declined since the first price cap took effect and the additional price caps “will be another blow to Putin’s war chest.”
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 4, 2023.
This story was produced with the financial assistance of the Meta and Canadian Press News Fellowship.
The Canadian Press
Adani crisis ignites India contagion fears, credit warnings – Al Jazeera English
[unable to retrieve full-text content]
- Adani crisis ignites India contagion fears, credit warnings Al Jazeera English
- Indian tycoon Adani hit by more losses, calls for probe CP24
- Adani Flagship Shelves $122 Million Bond Plan After Market Rout BNN Bloomberg
- How Adani selloff stacks up against the biggest stock collapses Deccan Herald
- Adani response to Hindenburg report: Embattled corporations invoking nationalism, or national sentiment, is not unheard of The Indian Express
- View Full Coverage on Google News
Jobs report is a 'fairytale scenario' for markets, economist says – Yahoo Finance
Federal government asking RCMP to ban use of sponge rounds, CS gas for crowd control
Inuit, environmental groups call for stronger measures to reduce underwater noise
Ottawa expands price caps to Russian petroleum products to reduce revenues
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Search for life on Mars accelerates as new bodies of water found below planet’s surface
Business17 hours ago
Elon Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
News17 hours ago
Anti-Ukrainian vandalism, harassment rising at Canadian universities, students say
Media15 hours ago
Canada adds Russian media personalities, companies in latest round of sanctions
News16 hours ago
Migrant worker secret menus in Canada expose exploitation
Art17 hours ago
Richmond Art Gallery’s central location makes art easily accessible
News15 hours ago
Ottawa tight-lipped on details as Canada, U.S. call out China over balloon
News4 hours ago
Tobogganing rules in some Canadian cities draw criticism – CTV News
Media3 hours ago
Canada adds Russian media personalities, companies in latest round of sanctions – CP24