The PlayStation 5 has hit the ground running as dozens of reviews start finding their way online. Initial judgments appear to be positive, and no doubt gamers will be looking forward to testing out the next-generation console within just a few more days. New temperature and sound tests have also been posted that paint the PS5 in a very good light, especially against the PS4 Pro.
A video clip has been shared on Reddit that shows a microphone recording the noise emissions from both the PS4 Pro and PS5 while engaged in the process of rendering Marvel’s Spider-Man. The clip, which is a small segment taken from a longer review video published by German outfit Game Two, clearly demonstrates just how quiet the PS5 is compared to its predecessor. The PS4 Pro sounds pretty much like a hair dryer blasting away in this comparison, while there is barely a noticeable hum coming from the next-gen hardware.
Along with apparent confirmation that the PS5 runs silent, some temperature measurements during gaming have also been shared via social media. Sourced from Italian site GameTimers, the highest temperature recorded for the PS5 was a reasonable 59 °C during Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (@120 fps). Miles Morales pushed the console to 55 °C, and temperatures measured during previous-gen title gameplay were even cooler: 47 °C for Ghost of Tsushima and 45 °C for God of War. In comparison, the PS4 Pro pushed 57 °C and 58 °C, respectively, for these two popular titles.
The average recorded temperature over the six titles in the measurement chart (see below) is just under 50 °C, which is more than acceptable for the hard-working components inside the PS5. There is also another mention of the noise development in the GameTimers review, with a paltry 20 dB recorded, which is even lower than the reported measurements for the whisper-quiet Xbox Series X/S. It’s a promising start for Sony’s next-gen console, which will be available online-only (no units available for in-store purchase) on the November 12 launch day.
Better than Black Friday pricing hits new iPad Air 4 at Amazon – AppleInsider
Better than Black Friday pricing is going on now at Amazon, with Apple’s latest iPad Air 4 dropping back to $559, matching the all-time record low price.
On sale for $569 on Black Friday, Amazon has slashed the price of Apple’s new iPad Air 4 even further, dropping it down to down to $559, and matching the all-time record low price we’ve seen. At the time of publication, Amazon says the tablet is expected to ship by Dec. 20, so you’ll want to secure your spot in line for the best delivery dates.
Stay tuned for Cyber Monday Apple deals
AppleInsider will be highlighting the best Cyber Monday throughout the holiday weekend. Be sure to download our app and follow us on social media for the latest news and best prices on your favorite Apple gear and accessories.
Additional Apple deals
AppleInsider and Apple authorized resellers are also running additional exclusive discounts on hardware that will not only deliver the lowest prices on many of the items, but also throw in bonus deals on AppleCare, software and more. Here are some of the offers:
Best Cyber Monday iPhone 12 Deals 2020: Top iPhone 12 & 12 mini Savings Rounded Up by Save Bubble – GlobeNewswire
Find the best iPhone 12 deals for Cyber Monday 2020, featuring offers on carrier-locked and unlocked Apple iPhone devices
Compare the best iPhone 12 deals for Cyber Monday, featuring iPhone 12 mini offers. Check out the full range of deals by clicking the links below.
Best iPhone 12 Deals:
- Save up to $700 on Apple iPhone 12, 12 mini & 12 Pro at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Check the best deals on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini including trade-ins
- Save on the latest Apple iPhone 12 smartphones at Verizon – get up to $700 off when you trade in your old device
- Save on the Apple iPhone 12 mini at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Click the link to see latest deals on the iPhone 12 mini available in blue, black, green, red and white colors
- Save up to $700 on the iPhone 12 mini with 64GB, 128GB & 256GB storage capacities at Verizon.com – click the link for latest deals on Apple iPhone 12 mini available in red, white, blue, black and green colors
- Save on prepaid & no contract iPhone 12 models at BoostMobile.com – check the latest prices on the 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB iPhone 12 5G models
- Save up to $700 on Apple iPhone 12 mini at Verizon.com – see the best deals on iPhone 12 mini available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage capacities
- Save on unlocked Apple iPhone 12 handsets at Amazon – check the latest deals on iPhone 12 and 12 mini available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB storage configurations and can be purchased unlocked or carrier-locked
Best iPhone Deals:
- Save up to $700 on a wide range of Apple iPhones at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Check the latest deals including trade-ins on the iPhone 12 & 12 Pro, SE, 11 Pro & Pro Max, iPhone XS, XR & more
- Save up to $350 on Apple iPhones at Verizon.com – click the link to check the latest Apple iPhone 12, 11, XR, X, 8 & more top-rated smartphone deals
- Save up to $350 on prepaid & no contract Apple iPhones at BoostMobile.com – check the latest savings on the iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone XS & more models
- Save up to 50% off on Apple iPhones at StraightTalk.com
- Save up to 25% on unlocked Apple iPhones at Amazon – check live prices on Apple iPhone 12, 11, XR, XS, X, 8, & 7 smartphones
Interested in more deals? Check out Walmart’s Cyber Monday sale and Amazon’s Cyber Monday deals to compare even more live savings. Save Bubble earns commissions from purchases made using the links provided.
About Save Bubble: Save Bubble round-up the latest online sales news. As an Amazon Associate and affiliate Save Bubble earns from qualifying purchases.
Contact: Andy Mathews (email@example.com)
FYI, these Black Friday deals are still going strong today – Yahoo Canada Sports
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you were too focused on Thanksgiving leftovers to do any real shopping yesterday, not to worry. While some Black Friday sales ended last night, others are still going strong through the weekend. Shopping for gifts? Need to replace household essentials? Just looking to pass the time while you’re inside? Here are plenty of sales you can still shop today that don’t disappoint.
Shop: Big Deal, $95
Credit: Great Jones
Shop: All Access Center Stage Pocket Legging, $68.60 (Orig. $98)
Leggings, sneakers, face masks and more are 30 percent off at Bandier through Nov. 30.
Shop: Jet Set Saffiano Leather Tote Bag, $99 (Orig. $278)
Credit: Michael Kors
Shop: Madden Girl Dafni Boot, $59.98 (Orig. $69.99)
Save 30 percent on almost everything at DSW with code ‘BFSAVINGS’. Plus, get a free weekender bag with orders over $39 with code ‘BFSPECIAL’.
Credit: Fenty Beauty
Shop: Starburst Necklace, $425 (Orig. $650)
Credit: Serena Williams Jewelry
Shop: Never Say Never Hottie Low Rise Boyshort, $34.50
Upgrade your lingerie drawer at Cosabella. Take 20 percent off orders under $100, 25 percent off orders up to $299.99 and 30 percent off orders $300 and over, no exclusions.
Shop: The Cerchio Velvet, $175 (Orig. $198)
If you enjoyed this story, check out this top-rated hair growth shampoo that’s 20 percent off on Amazon right now.
More from In The Know:
The post FYI, these Black Friday deals are still going strong today appeared first on In The Know.
Fuller makes history as first woman to appear in Power 5 football game – TSN
Better than Black Friday pricing hits new iPad Air 4 at Amazon – AppleInsider
Connecting Earth With the Moon: Lunar Satellites – SciTechDaily
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Tech24 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday deals 2020 – Tom's Guide
Sports21 hours ago
The Most Exciting Canadian Sports Markets To Bet On In 2020
Sports15 hours ago
Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn – Sportsnet.ca
Sports18 hours ago
Fantasy: Start, Sit, Stash, Quit – Week 12 – theScore
Art19 hours ago
Indigenous art set to soar on Gordie Howe International Bridge project – CBC.ca
Politics22 hours ago
Montreal Mayor Valerie Plante releases graphic novel detailing political journey – Preeceville Progress
Tech22 hours ago
Apple’s M1 MacBook Air has that Apple Silicon magic – Ars Technica
Tech20 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday iPad deals 2020 – Tom's Guide