Connect with us

Tech

The latest developments on COVID-19 in Canada – Weyburn Review

Published

 on


The latest news on COVID-19 developments in Canada (all times Eastern):

article continues below

6:28 p.m.

B.C.’s top doctor says the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic in the province is not ticking upwards as rapidly as it had been recently.

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry says the average daily number of infections stemming from each confirmed case has declined and is now close to one.

The latest epidemiological modelling comes as Henry reports that 358 new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in B.C. since Friday.

She says four more people have died and 66 people are in hospital.

There has been one new community outbreak at a distribution facility in Delta, B.C., where the Fraser Health Authority has also suspended inpatient admissions at the local hospital due to an outbreak of COVID-19.

5:34 p.m.

Quebec is officially recommending Quebecers download the federal smartphone application that notifies people who have come into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

Premier Francois Legault told reporters today his government is satisfied with the security features in the COVID Alert app and that it will help the province reduce infections.

The app is active in Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador.

Quebec reported 1,191 new COVID-19 cases today, the highest single-day total since the beginning of the pandemic.

5:30 p.m.

Alberta’s top doctor says she’s concerned about a surge in COVID-19 cases in Edmonton and alarmed that many people are going to work or socializing while sick.

The province recorded 982 active cases in the Edmonton Zone in today’s update, up from 851 last Thursday.

The Edmonton area now makes up 55 per cent of the Alberta’s total of 1,783 active cases.

Chief medical officer Dr. Deena Hinshaw says public health officials are having conversations with the city to see if any additional restrictions are needed to bring transmission down.

Hinshaw says it’s troubling that 11 per cent of active cases are attending work or going to social gatherings while symptomatic.

Alberta reported a total of 578 new cases between Friday and Sunday.

There have been eight new deaths over that time frame, bringing the provincial total to 280.

Sixty-two people are in hospital, including 14 in intensive care.

2:25 p.m.

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland says the first rapid COVID-19 tests from Abbott Laboratories will begin arriving in Canada next week.

Last week the federal government said it had ordered 7.9 million Abbott ID Now rapid tests.

The tests can produce a result in 13 minutes at the site where the test is taken.

About 2.5 million of them are supposed to arrive before the end of the year.

2:10 p.m.

The Manitoba government is requiring bars and other licensed establishments in the greater Winnipeg region to close early, in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Starting Wednesday, alcohol sales will have to stop at 10 p.m. and closing time will be 11 p.m.

The government is reporting 51 new cases, 35 of which are in Winnipeg.

1:30 p.m.

Quebec is making mask-wearing mandatory at all times inside high schools located in regions at the highest COVID-19 alert level.

Education Minister Jean-Francois Roberge said today that starting on Thursday, all high school students will need to wear masks outside on school grounds and inside the classroom.

He says students in Grades 10 and 11 will also begin attending school on a rotating schedule, one day out of every two.

The new measures apply to so-called “red” zones, including the Montreal and Quebec City areas, and they apply until at least Oct. 28.

1 p.m.

Ontario is reporting 615 new cases of COVID-19 today, and five new deaths due to the virus.

Health Minister Christine Elliott says 289 cases are in Toronto, 88 in Peel Region and 81 in Ottawa.

The province says it has a backlog of 68,006 tests, and has conducted 38,196 tests since the last daily report.

12:40 p.m.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he was tested for COVID-19 last month after getting “a tickle” in his throat, and the result was negative.

Trudeau says he asked his doctor whether he should be tested after he started feeling off, and followed the advice to seek a test.

He says he returned to work a few days after the result when he was feeling fully recovered.

11:50 a.m.

Public Health officials in New Brunswick are reporting two new cases of COVID-19 today, bringing the total number of active cases in the province to five.

One case involves a person between 20 and 29 years old in the Moncton region that is related to international travel and who is self-isolating.

The second case is a person between 60 and 69 years old in the Saint John region that is related to travel from outside of the Atlantic bubble and who is self-isolating.

New Brunswick has had 203 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus while 196 people have recovered and there have been two deaths.

11:30 a.m.

Quebec is reporting 1,191 new COVID-19 cases today — the highest single-day total since the beginning of the pandemic.

Health officials reported two deaths attributed to the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours and three that they said occurred between Sept. 28 and Oct. 3.

The province reported one additional death today that they said occurred at an unknown date.

Hospitalizations increased by 27 compared with the prior day, for a total of 361, while 62 people are in intensive care, a decrease of two.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Among Us Hacker: Who is Eris Loris & how to respond to his Among Us hack /spam attack -… – The Sportsrush

Published

 on



Who is Among Us Hacker Eris Loris? What do we know about this entity and what do we not? And how should Among Us players act in this state of crisis?

There is no doubt of the fact that Eris Loris’s Among Us hack has shaken the game’s player base to its core. Fans are outraged on all social media platforms & Innersloth has had to rush out an emergency fix. However, the issue is still far from being resolved.

Fans are worried and angry that the hack is spreading. Certain major sites also believe that there’s a political angle to all of this. Now, the devs, of course, can’t solve this issue in a jiffy and the crisis will take time to resolve itself. So, in this article, we try to discern who or what Eris Loris is. And based on that, here’s a list of the do’s and don’ts you guys, as players, should exercise at this moment.

Who or what is Eris Loris, the Among us hacker?

First of all, unlike what many fans are guilty of doing, let’s not handle this issue personally. A large no. of fans out there are trying to find out “Eris Loris’s” personal info and whereabouts. We strictly advise you against that. Not only is it criminal to do so but it is also not a solution to the problem. It could also easily get you in trouble.

Now, to answer who or what Eris Loris is, we’re not sure if it’s a real person at all. In fact, given his online activities, he seems more of a functional creation and less of a person. Many players on Reddit are also calling him a “bot”. They’re also referring to the lot who are spreading his message in lobbies as “army of bots”.

An argument against Eris being a fake person though lies in the fact that his YouTube account is 3 years old. His obscure YouTube channel is, of course, the source of most of our info. One wonders why a man would create a fake account almost 3 years before a game gains traction, right?

Irrespective of whether Eris is real or fake though, the people behind Eris are certainly human beings of a questionable taste. A majority of his YouTube titles are aggressive and one of them also features the vile N-word. So, the signs of a designated “hate spreader” are there.

Related: Beware of Among Us Custom Skins! Don’t get scammed by these type of sites!

Among Us Spam Attack: The ideal crisis response to the hack.

First and foremost, on the list of do’s and don’ts, do not subscribe to the infamous YouTube channel or comment on his videos. It’s not worth it in terms of bringing about a solution and simply makes the account more famous and relevant. This is very dangerous. Giving anarchists a voice on social media can have serious consequences.

Secondly, stay away from public lobbies and ban Eris Loris or anyone who sends his trademark message right away. Also, stay off the North American server when playing on public lobbies. The North American server is the one which Eris Loris has targetted and compromised for now. So, the Europe & Asia servers are relatively safe. You may still have to deal with the usual small hacks but those are insignificant compared to this.

Related: Among Us Hack Problem: Why you shouldn’t use one!

A fight against the Among Us Hack: Plea to the fans.

Lastly, and this is purely out of empathy for Among Us, have patience with Innersloth. Among Us is an Indie game which the devs never designed as a grand hit. The dev team at Innersloth is a hard-working group of 3 and they are trying their best to solve the issue.

Give them some time to fix things and don’t give up on the game. Stay off public lobbies and you’ll do just fine. Private lobbies can be great fun with the right people as our favourite streamers prove daily. So, gather friends from your locality and make one of those!

Also, check out our list of The 5 best Among Us Players cum Streamers to watch! for some nice content to lift up your spirits with. There’s no doubt of the fact that Among Us has been a very positive gift to the gaming community this year. It’s uniting power has been great. And it’s paramount that we help keep this wonderful creation alive!


Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

See inside the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro in iFixit’s latest teardown video – The Verge

Published

 on


In its latest teardown video, iFixit took apart an iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, and found that the devices look pretty similar to each other on the inside. The displays are interchangeable, iFixit found, and so are the 10.78 Wh batteries.

When they removed the camera shield on the iPhone 12, iFixit found a plastic spacer where the iPhone 12 Pro has its telephoto lens and LiDAR sensor. Both devices have 12 MP wide and ultra-wide cameras.

iFixit also examined an X-ray (courtesy of Creative Electron) of the insides of the phones, which show the MagSafe wireless charging array. The X-ray of the iPhone 12 Pro appears to have a black border, but it’s the stainless steel frame (the iPhone 12 has an aluminum frame).

As for a repairability score, iFixit gave the iPhone 12s a 6 out of 10; the devices have a lot of screws to keep track of when you’re tinkering (which iFixit notes is better than glue), and the improved waterproofing may make some repairs more difficult, but will reduce the likelihood of needing to repair water damage. The biggest downside is the glass on the front and back of both devices, iFixit said, which increases the chances the phones would be damaged if dropped.

[embedded content]

Check out iFixit’s full iPhone and iPhone 12 teardowns here, and The Verge reviews below.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

iPhone marketing exec talks iPhone 12 with 5G, MagSafe, and more in new interview – 9to5Mac

Published

 on


As the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro make their way to customers around the world, Apple’s VP of iPhone product marketing Kaiann Drance recently joined the Rich On Tech show with Rich DeMuro for an interview. During the show, Drance talked in-depth about the iPhone 12, MagSafe accessories, and more.

Regarding the iPhone 12’s support for 5G, Drance explained how Apple is working to balance battery life concerns with the faster cellular connection:

We are able to make a bunch of software optimizations throughout the entire system to make battery life even better. On top of that we added a new feature called “Smart Data mode” that will allow you to manage your 5G usage and battery life a bit better, so you can use 5G speeds when it really matters.

Drance also touched Apple’s decision to switch to including USB-C to Lightning cables in the box this year. DeMuro questioned Apple’s decision to switch from USB-A to USB-C this year, while also dropping the included charging brick altogether.

Drance explained that USB-C is faster and more modern, and that if you have a Mac or an iPad or many other consumer technology products, you likely already have a USB-C charing brick. She also pointed out that the old USB-A to Lightning cables still work perfectly.

Regarding the new MagSafe accessories, DeMuro asked about the effect the magnetization could have on credit cards with magnetic stripes. Drance pointed out that credit cards should be ok, but the thing to watch for is single-use cards such as hotel room keys. “What you do want to just watch out for is those single-use types of cards like the hotel cards,” she explained. “you might not want to put that right against it.”

Finally, Drance addressed what shoppers should expect if they visit an Apple Store as a walk-in visitor this iPhone launch season. This year, Drance says that if you show up as a walk-in, you’ll likely get an appointment to come back at a later time — but if you are able to visit that same day, you can expect to wait longer than usual due to social distancing guidelines. You can learn more about Apple’s retail strategy in our full guide right here.

The full interview is well worth a listen and you can find it on Apple Podcasts.

Read more about the iPhone 12:

FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.

Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:

[embedded content]

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending