New Brunswick reported three new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, all in Zone 5, the Campbellton region.
The new cases involve an individual between 20 and 29 and two individuals between 50 and 59.
The province said two of the cases are health-care employees at the Campbellton Regional Hospital and the other case is linked to a close contact of a case.
“As we navigate through the pandemic, we will need to continue to learn from our experience, adapt and prepare as best we can for what is next,” Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health, said in a statement.
“With each challenge we overcome, we are building resilience as individuals, as communities and as a province.”
READ MORE: New Brunswick reports no new cases on Sunday
The number of confirmed cases in New Brunswick is 163, and 131 have recovered, including 11 related to the outbreak in Zone 5.
According to the province, there have been two deaths, and the number of active cases is 30. Four patients are hospitalized, with one in an intensive care unit. As of Tuesday, 37,843 tests have been conducted.
Summer camp season requirement
With children’s summer camp season approaching, the province announced that operators of day and overnight camps are required to prepare an operational plan respecting public health guidance.
“Day and overnight camps do not need to be inspected before opening, but they must have an operational plan that can be provided to officials,” the government stated in a press release.
The province said a document titled COVID-19 Recovery Phase: Guidance to Early Learning and Child-care Facilities and Summer Camps has been developed to provide clear direction to these operators.
“The goal is to create a safe and healthy environment for staff and children by making the necessary adjustments to help limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19,” the province said.
All areas of New Brunswick except Zone 5 are currently in the “yellow” level of the COVID-19 recovery plan, which is aimed at the gradual reopening of businesses and activities while working to prevent a resurgence of transmission.
Zone 5 remains at the orange level of the recovery plan.
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
COVID-19 Bulletin #127 – news.gov.mb.ca
Need More Info?
Public information, contact Manitoba Government Inquiry: 1-866-626-4862 or 204-945-3744.
Media requests for general information, contact Communications Services Manitoba: 204-945-3765.
Media requests for ministerial comment, contact Communications and Stakeholder Relations: 204-945-4916.
Stay vigilant, Manitoba: top doc warns of second COVID-19 wave – Winnipeg Free Press
With zero COVID-19 cases reported thus far in July, Manitoba’s top doctor is warning people not to be complacent about the novel coronavirus — and to brace for the fall.
Dr. Brent Roussin says Manitoba could be hit with a second wave of COVID-19 worse than the 325 cases reported so far in the first.
“Manitoba’s numbers remain favourable, but we need to remain vigilant to keep those numbers low,” Roussin said at a news conference Thursday. He reported there are only four active cases in the province, none of which are hospitalized, and 314 people have recovered.
“Manitobans are well-versed in the things that have led to our flattening of the curve: hand hygiene, physical distancing and, most importantly, now as we move forward, is to stay home when we’re ill,” Roussin said. ”This is going to be vital to our success.
“We can’t have people with symptoms of respiratory illness going to work or to school. We need to ensure we’re protecting everyone and staying home when ill.”
Even if there are no active cases in Manitoba, people can’t let their guard down: a lot more COVID-19 cases are expected, he warned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?rel=0&wmode=transparent” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
“We need to prepare to see an increase in cases in the fall, higher than even our first wave, possibly,” the chief provincial public health officer said. “We’re going to do whatever we can to not get back into an area where we were in March and April, with large shutdowns.
“We want to learn how to live with this virus.”
That means reducing the risk — especially for those most susceptible to severe outcomes. Health officials are working on a messaging campaign urging residents to get a seasonal flu shot and, if they have symptoms, to get tested for COVID-19 and stay home.
“The early identification of cases is vital so we can do that contact tracing, we can isolate cases,” Roussin said. “We’re going to be getting Manitobans prepared to see increased absenteeism at work and increased absenteeism at school, because we want those people to be at home when they’re ill.”
The province has increased its stockpile of personal protective equipment and has “a much better system of tracking our stores of PPE,” Roussin said.
“Even if we see influenza A activity in November and not COVID, we don’t know that COVID won’t be here in December or January, so we’re going to need to treat this upcoming respiratory (flu) season as a COVID season until proven otherwise.”
Carol Sanders’ reporting on newcomers to Canada has made international headlines, earned national recognition but most importantly it’s shared the local stories of the growing diversity of people calling Manitoba home.
Edmonton zone COVID-19 deaths climb to 20 as Alberta announces 37 more coronavirus cases – Global News
EDITOR’S NOTE: This headline originally said Edmonton has recorded 20 COVID-19 deaths. It has been corrected to say the Edmonton zone has recorded 20 deaths. We regret the error.
Alberta Health announced three additional COVID-19 deaths on Thursday, all linked to a coronavirus outbreak at Edmonton’s Misericordia Hospital.
The deaths brings the total number of COVID-19 fatalities in Alberta to 161 and in the Edmonton zone to 20.
For more information on the outbreak at the hospital in Edmonton, click here.
At the same time, health officials said 37 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the province over the past 24 hours. Currently, there are 584 active cases in Alberta.
The Calgary zone currently has the most actives cases of the disease with 220, and the Edmonton zone is close behind with 215. There are 90 active cases in the South zone, 42 in the North zone, 11 in the Central zone and there are six cases that have not been connected to any particular zone.
Forty-six Albertans are currently in hospital with COVID-19 and seven of those are in intensive care units.
As of Thursday afternoon, 507,169 coronavirus tests had been conducted in Alberta since the pandemic first hit the province in March.
Of Alberta’s total of 8,519 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 7,774 have seen people recover.
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Niagara real estate sales increasing after COVID-19 slowdown – StCatharinesStandard.ca
Police: Pop Smoke's social media led killers to LA home – St. Albert Today
Toronto Blue Jays player accused of skipping on rent pays up – CBC.ca
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019 – report – MINING.com
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Richmond BBQ spot speaks out about coronavirus rumours Vancouver Is Awesome
- Tech22 hours ago
Ninja has started streaming Fortnite on YouTube
- News18 hours ago
New coronavirus cases, deaths continue to decline in Canada as cases top 106,400
- Sports20 hours ago
MLS returns to action after poignant moment of silence to protest racial injustice
- Sports19 hours ago
Montoyo urges Blue Jays to be among teams pulled together by pandemic
- Tech19 hours ago
Microsoft Teams unleashes a flood of new features for video meetings
- Politics22 hours ago
The semiconductor industry is where politics gets real for Taiwan
- Health21 hours ago
Moderna Completes Enrollment of Phase 2 Study of its mRNA Vaccine Against COVID-19 (mRNA-1273)
- News22 hours ago
Calgary hailstorm that caused $1.2B in damage ranks as Canada’s 4th costliest natural disaster