Twenty artists in Waterloo region will benefit from micro-grants of $500 each under a new program announced by Pat the Dog Theatre Creation.
Each micro-grant represents the equivalent of one-week paid work, in accordance with Ontario Arts Council Artistic Residency rates.
Artistic director Lisa O’Connell said the program is a first for Waterloo region and is made possible through the support of the City of Waterloo.
“Until now, there was no such program for individual artists in our region,” O’Connell said in a news release.
“This program addresses that inequity for our local folks,” she said, adding that similar programs exist in other major centres such as Toronto.
‘This is not a hand-out’
The micro-grant will instigate and spark the first idea of a new artwork.
O’Connell said this “kick-start” is essential more than ever during the pause the COVID-19 pandemic has created for local artists who often depend on live gatherings to exhibit and perform their work.
O’Connell said the program is a response to the ongoing pandemic and the necessity for artists to continue to delve into and develop their practice in imaginative and innovative ways.
“It is important to note that this is not a hand-out, or relief project — these microgrants recognize that creating art is a profession and trained artists require payment for their labours,” O’Connell said.
Artists in any artistic discipline are welcome to apply for the grant through the Pat the Dog Theatre Creation website, but they must be a resident of Waterloo region.
“It is our intent to have these dollars in local artists hands by New Year 2021,” O’Connell said.
How iPhone 12 Pro Max Compares as a Cinema Camera [VIDEO] – iPhone in Canada
Just how good is the iPhone 12 Pro Max’s camera, though? Former Apple Specialist Michael Tobin sets out to answer this question in his latest YouTube video, seeing how the cream of the iPhone 12 crop stacks up in the world of professional photography/videography.
Michael was thoroughly impressed by Dolby Vision HDR with 10-bit color depth on the Pro Max, which makes for “vibrant, but natural” colors and an immaculate viewing experience, especially on a Dolby Vision-capable screen like the Pro Max’s.
The ex-Apple Specialist was, however, quite disappointed by the lack of “Pro” features on a phone that is, quite literally, the “Pro Max” version of the base iPhone 12.
Unlike phones like Samsung’s Galaxy Note 20 Ultra or Sony’s Xperia 1 II that offer more advanced and in-depth settings in the stock Camera app as compared to their base models, the stock Camera app on the iPhone 12 Pro Max offers the same settings and features as the one on the iPhone 12.
Michael was, in particular, peeved by the lack of an option to adjust the bit rate (or data rate) for captured video. The iPhone 12 varies bit rate during video recording on its own, reaching a peak of 110 MB/s. However, the Pro Max is capable of going all the way up to 140 MB/s, but there is no option in the stock Camera app to crank the bit rate up (or even to set it to a specific value).
Using a third-party camera app like Filmic Pro (which is specially designed for professional photography and videography) will give you the option to increase the bit rate. For example, turning bit rate in Filmic Pro up to “Extreme” will utilize the Pro Max’s full 140 MB/s capability.
Michael urged Apple to bring some actual “Pro” features for power-users or videographers to its Pro line of iPhones, especially the ability to control bit rate for video recording. “You don’t even have to call it bit rate — come up with some fancy Apple term for it. You love doing that,” said the former Apple employee.
Michael also tested out an intricate lens rig from Beastgrip that adds incredible depth of field to the Pro Max’s snapper and makes it almost comparable to a professional camera.
At the end of the day, however, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is still a phone — it does not compare to a cinema camera, and it is not meant to. As far as phones go, the iPhone 12 Pro Max smokes anything on the market right now, and does so in stellar fashion.
Click here to buy your own iPhone 12 Pro Max starting at $1,549 CAD from Apple.ca.
55 & 50 Inch TV Cyber Monday Deals 2020: TCL, Samsung, Roky & LG Smart TV Savings Ranked by Consumer Articles – GlobeNewswire
Cyber Monday 55 & 50 inch TV deals have landed, check out the latest Cyber Monday 4K LED and smart TV discounts below
Cyber Monday 55 & 50 inch TV deals for 2020 are underway. Compare the best discounts on 4K ultra HD TV and Android smart TVs. Links to the best deals are listed below.
Best 50 – 55 Inch TV Deals:
Best TV Deals:
- Save up to 50% off on top-rated 4K TVs from Samsung, LG, Vizio, TCL & more top brands at Walmart – check latest deals on 4K Ultra HD, LED and smart TVs
- Save up to 39% on smart TVs from top brands including Samsung, Sony & Vizio at Dell.com – click the link for the latest deals on a wide selection of smart TVs available in Full HD and Ultra HD screen resolutions
- Save up to 60% off on the latest smart TVs (2020 models) at Walmart – get the latest deals on top-rated smart TVs from top brands including Samsung, LG, Sony, Hisense, & more
- Save up to 47% on a wide range of smart TV & 4K TVs at Amazon – check live prices on top-rated Smart TVs with 32, 40, 50, 55, 60-inch & more screen sizes
- Save up to 35% on top-rated smart TVs at ABT.com – click the link for live prices on top-rated Smart TVs from best-selling brands
Looking for more deals? Click here to see the entire selection of active deals at Walmart’s Cyber Monday sale and click here to shop Amazon’s latest Cyber Monday deals. Consumer Articles earns commissions from purchases made using the links provided.
About Consumer Articles: Consumer Articles shares informative e-commerce news. As an Amazon Associate and affiliate Consumer Articles earns from qualifying purchases.
Contact: Andy Mathews (email@example.com)
The 27 Best Cyber Monday Deals of 2020 | Health.com – Health.com
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
If you passed out in a post-Thanksgiving coma and missed the Black Friday shopping frenzy, you’re probably stressing about all the deals you missed on vibrators, face masks, and anti-aging skincare. Well, don’t waste too much time crying over the deals that got away, because Cyber Monday 2020 is almost here—and the sales might just be even better than Black Friday.
Often overshadowed by Black Friday, Cyber Monday rivals its predecessor with equally good discounts, just with way less fanfare. It arrives each year with an exclusive set of fresh deals for shoppers available only after the madness of Black Friday has come to an end. This delay between shopping events ensures there’s plenty of time to restock sold-out goodies and to squeeze in a few orders from small businesses alongside big box stores.
It’s also a learning curve for experienced shoppers. They take note of Black Friday deals that sold out (like Apple Watch Series 3 for just $120) and watch for similar discounts, ensuring they don’t miss out on the best savings again. A better option? Checking out our curated list of the best Cyber Monday deals, below.
From athleisure and gym bags to comfy shoes and cozy bedding, we’ve got all the best deals that Health editors are adding to their shopping carts right now. After all, this is an entire day dedicated to scoring the best online deals, and we’re experts there.
Best Cyber Monday activewear and apparel deals
- Sweaty Betty: Get 30% off sitewide (including the bum-sculpting leggings Jennifer Aniston is “loving”) with the code CHEERS until December 1.
- Spanx: From Kourtney Kardashian’s favorite “no camel toe” leggings to one Health writer’s winter go-to, everything at Spanx is 20% off until December 1.
- Nordstrom: Select items from Nordstrom’s top brands are discounted for Cyber Monday 2020, including the best-selling Zella Moto Live-In Leggings for just $44 and Nordstrom shoppers’ favorite Natori Bliss Perfect Underwire Bra that’s more than half off.
- Lululemon: The popular activewear brand’s Black Friday deals are still live with select items marked down as much as 70%.
- Bandier: Save big on leggings, sports bras, gym bags, and more with Bandier’s sitewide 30% off sale. P.S: The Cyber Monday sale includes the coveted On Running Shoes for the first time ever.
- Gaiam: Get 20% off sitewide, plus free shipping on orders over $75 with the code BLACKFRIDAY2020.
- Old Navy: Take 50% off everything—including new arrivals and clearance items—until December 1. Deals start at just $5 and include savings on the brand’s best-selling cloth face masks.
- Amazon: Along with markdowns from top brands like Under Armour and Adidas, Amazon’s own line of activewear, Core 10, is also discounted today. Score a pair of Core 10’s customized leggings—with personalized lengths, waistbands, and colors—for just $27.
- Reebok: Reebok’s 40% off Black Friday sale is extended through Sunday night with promo code BLACKFRI—plus, you can take an additional 50% off sale items.
Best Cyber Monday shoe deals
- Nordstrom: Shoes are also part of Nordstrom’s Cyber Monday sale, including the Nike React Infinity Flyknit Running Shoe for 44% off.
- Amazon: You’ll find plenty of comfy shoes in Amazon’s Cyber Monday markdowns, like New Balance shoes for 30% off and Puma shoes for 20% off.
- Zappos: You can start shopping select early Cyber Monday deals now—like these Cole Haan Chelsea Boots for 40% off—with the rest of the markdowns going live on Monday.
- Sorel: Get up to 40% off select SOREL footwear and free shipping.
- Keds: Take 30% off full priced items and 10% off sale items with the code NOCROWDS or use the code KATE40 to save 40% on any full-priced Kate Spade New York shoe styles that are sold at Keds.
- Cole Haan: Get up to 70% off more than 300 select sale styles; use the promo code THEBEST for an extra 10% off your entire purchase.
- TOMS: Your entire order is 35% off until December 1, but you can save even more on sale items.
Best Cyber Monday beauty and skincare deals
Best Cyber Monday home and kitchen deals
Shop More Black Friday Deals:
Sign up for our Health Shopping newsletter to get your daily dose of retail therapy with great deals handpicked by our editors—straight to your inbox.
Romain Grosjean escapes horrific F1 crash at Bahrain GP – CBC.ca
How iPhone 12 Pro Max Compares as a Cinema Camera [VIDEO] – iPhone in Canada
Ontario reports 1,708 new coronavirus cases; 24 new deaths – CP24 Toronto's Breaking News
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Tech24 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday iPad deals 2020 – Tom's Guide
Art23 hours ago
Indigenous art set to soar on Gordie Howe International Bridge project – CBC.ca
Sports19 hours ago
Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn – Sportsnet.ca
Sports22 hours ago
Fantasy: Start, Sit, Stash, Quit – Week 12 – theScore
Science18 hours ago
This contraption, designed by a UVic alum, has been named one of 2020's best inventions – Yahoo News Canada
Politics20 hours ago
Week In Politics: Trump Acknowledges Transition Of Power, But Stops Short Of Conceding – NPR
Politics18 hours ago
Joe Biden’s Catholic faith has shaped his life and approach to politics. How will it shape his presidency? – The Boston Globe
Sports15 hours ago
SIMMONS: Rogers needs to spend on ball team not ballpark – Toronto Sun