Connect with us

Tech

'Final Fantasy XIV' PS5 beta starts on April 13th – Yahoo News Canada

Published

 on


Local Journalism Initiative

Mandatory masks for teachers and high school students gets mixed reaction in north

After months of lobbying by teachers unions for increased public health measures in schools, B.C.’s education minister made masks mandatory for middle and high school students, and kindergarten-to-grade 12 teachers. “We want students, their families, and staff to feel confident with the safety measures in place – that’s why we’re making these updates,” announced Minister of Education Jennifer Whiteside this afternoon. Instead of removing masks upon entering their classroom, middle and high school students will now have to stay masked until seated at their desks. “It isn’t going to be a huge shift,” said Prince George District Acting Superintendent Cindy Heitman. “The only difference, really, for our students and staff is that they have to wear their masks within their learning groups.” Students will not need to wear a mask when at a workstation, if separated by a barrier, or while eating. “If they have to get up and move to sharpen a pencil or get something, they’ll have to put their masks on,” said Heitman. “So, we’ll have to do some more education around reminding students to wear their masks when they leave their workspace.” Whiteside, joined by Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, also released more detailed guidelines around activities in schools, including instructing masks be worn during singing, that strenuous physical activities be done outdoors, and musical equipment be sterilized between players. Previously, middle and high school students had to wear a mask in all high traffic areas, such as hallways, outside classrooms, on buses, and in situations where physical distancing wasn’t possible, but were allowed to remove their masks within their learning groups. For elementary school students, wearing masks indoors remains a personal choice, Whiteside said. To date, school districts have been funded to purchase 3.9 million in masks for students and staff. As well, the federal government provided B.C. a $242.4 million one-time payment for schools during the 2020/21 school year, with an additional $112 million from the provincial government to school districts and independent schools to cover COVID-19-related costs. Rapid response teams allocated a total of $900,000, will work in each health authority to improve the speed of school exposure investigations. After months of lobbying the Ministry of Education for increased safety measures in schools for teachers, B.C. Teachers Federation President Teri Mooring welcomed today’s changes but said they didn’t go far enough, and continued asking for reduced class sizes, improved ventilation in schools, and prioritized vaccinations for teachers, among other things. Locally, the Prince George District Teachers Association (PGDTA) did not respond to requests for a comment by press time, but a representative previously stated that public health measures “were not sufficient to feel safe in schools,” according to a public letter to Henry from the association tweeted on Dec. 16. “It was a bit shocking when I read what (PGDTA) put out,” said Tabitha Krauskopf, a Prince George district elementary school teacher. “The schools are safe. People are respectful. Families are really supportive. They keep their kids home; they follow Northern Health guidelines.” Both the BC Teachers Federation and the PGDTA have petitioned for mandatory masks in all areas of school. “I have kids in my class who wear them. I have kids who don’t,” said Krauskopf. “That’s up to their parents to make that call.” Krausknopf worries about the impact on students who see their teachers masked all the time. “Any teacher is going to tell you that you have to build relationships with kids to help them learn,” she said. “I do think having adults wear a mask does impede that.” Both teachers unions have also called for a 50 per cent reduction of class density to increase physical distancing. Every teacher would welcome reduced class sizes, says Krauskopf, citing improved academic performance with smaller student-to-teacher ratios, but her split class of 21 grade 1 and 2 students is manageable. “I have my students in rows; we have space,” she said. “Even if you limit class sizes, if you’re looking at an elementary school, they’re never going to be exposure free.” Schools have had some exposures because they are a reflection of what is happening in the communities, said Henry. “We’ve had very little spread within the school setting, particularly within the classrooms.” In the PG school district, since early October, a total of 34 staff, visitors, or students in a school building have tested positive for COVID-19, said Heitman. “We have 15,000 staff and students and have only had 34 exposure notifications,” Heitman said. “Something’s working in our plans.” For Krauskopf, her workplace feels safe. “The role of the union is to protect their members, but I really feel that my role as a teacher is to look after my students,” she said. “I don’t feel that I am in harm’s way, and my students, we need to look after their mental health.” Fran@thegoatnews.ca / @FranYanor Fran Yanor, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, The Rocky Mountain Goat

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

OnePlus teases an announcement for March 8 – GSMArena.com news – GSMArena.com

Published

 on


It’s about time we get a release date for the OnePlus 9 series and the company’s official site has teased a big announcement for March 8. Before you get your hopes too high, this will likely be the date when we get the official launch date for the new OnePlus flagships and not their actual launch event. The short teaser only mentions that “Something new is on the horizon” and the page is titled Moonshot alluding to the launch of a spacecraft or in this case new phone lineup.

We’ve already seen plenty of leaks regarding the OnePlus 9 series which specify three phones. The OnePlus 9E/Lite will be the affordable entry with a 6.5-inch FHD+ display with 90Hz refresh rate, Snapdragon 690 chipset and 64MP primary camera. The vanilla OnePlus 9 should up the refresh rate to 120Hz and will be powered by the flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset. We’re expecting a triple camera setup with a 48MP main shooter on the back.

OnePlus 9 Pro hands-on (source Dave2D)
OnePlus 9 Pro hands-on (source Dave2D)
OnePlus 9 Pro hands-on (source Dave2D)
OnePlus 9 Pro hands-on (source Dave2D)

OnePlus 9 Pro hands-on (source Dave2D)

The 9 Pro will come with a larger curved 6.78-inch QHD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate LTPO panel. Snapdragon 888 and 4,500 mAh battery with 65W wired and 45W wireless charging. As far as cameras we should see a wide, ultrawide, macro and depth sensor module layout but no dedicated periscope. We’ve heard rumors about a 48MP main shooter and 16MP selfie cam but nothing more. OnePlus is working with Hasselblad for the 9 Pro’s cameras so expectations are higher than in previous years.

Source

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Teaser and details about the new character at Hu Tao • JPGAMES.DE – haveeruonline

Published

 on




Personal update Efido Jinshin The last was in early February, As a spear user, Xiao entered the field. Now the next addition has been announced and development studio Myhoyo has released a teaser, as well as some details about the ghost of Hu Tao.

As testified by the joke, a good woman has a relationship with life after death. As the current director of Wangsheng Funeral Home, the line between the living world and the dead is visible on the back of her hand.

Additional information about Hu Tao

Aside from the humor, there were some other details about Hu Tao, in particular The impact of Kanda to Twitter to Jenshi. Like Xiao before her, the director struggles with a bayonet, but uses a Bayrou item. Your initial ability uses up a portion of your health, but temporarily increases the damage you take. She can compensate by her basic outburst, which not only causes damage, but also heals Hu Tao.

Despite his dark work, Huo Tao has a very happy personality and hates to sit and do anything. By the way, Brianna Knickerbocker spoke to him in English, while Takahashi Ray spoke in Japanese in her own voice. Searching for the story of Hu Tao will be titled “Papilio Sorondis” chapter, in which you will reach the adventure ranking 40, and must have completed the first chapter of the Archangel Mission: Chapter 2 “Goodbye, Old Lord” in advance.

By the way, in the “Momento de Floor” prayer from March 2 to 16, you are more likely to get the new five-star character. The four-star characters Songhyun, Jingqiu and Xiangling are easily accessible through event prayers.

This is the effect of jinx

Genesis Impact is available for PlayStation 4, mobile devices and computers. Ann Official website You can find more information about PC Client and Kenshine Impact. Posted on other sites, For example, the Nintendo Switch is already in the planning stages. The title will appear on the PlayStation 5 with revised graphics and load times. But Jinshin has an effect He raised more than 5 245 million. It is now Soundtrack Spotify and Co. Available at.!

Personal comedy for Hu Tao

[embedded content]

In between SiliconeraIt is miHoYo Photos: The Impact of Jinsh, miHoYo

Devoted web lover. Food expert. Hardcore twitter maven. Thinker. Freelance organizer. Social media enthusiast. Creator. Beer buff.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Shortage of microchips is shortcutting mobile phone manufacturing – Global Times

Published

 on



The Kunpeng 920 chip, among other server chips, showcased at Huawei Beijing research center. Photo:CGTN

The Kunpeng 920 chip, among other server chips, showcased at Huawei Beijing research center. Photo:CGTN

A global microchip shortage is plaguing the entire cell phone manufacturing, as well as hitting personal computer making and car production.

The shortage is spurred by COVID-19-induced supply crunch, the fallout from US’ trade war and a fierce arms race, according to mobile phone manufacturers and experts,  and the chip shortfall is likely to last for months.

A growing chorus of mobile phone vendors warned in recent weeks they cannot access enough chips to make their products.

“The chips and other components from Qualcomm are out of stock, including power supply and RF devices,” a person with Chinese smartphone maker Realme said on Monday.

“There’s a shortage of microchips this year. It’s not just shortfall but severe shortage,” Lu Weibing, vice president of Xiaomi group said on his Weibo account on Feb 24.

Jiang Xiaofeng, sales director of Umidigi, a Chinese mobile phone company, told Global Times on Monday that the whole industry is facing challenges including increasing prices of raw materials and even running out of stock. 

“Due to the influence of COVID-19, the cost of mobile phone manufacturing industry is rising rapidly.” said Jiang. 

Jiang noted that the price of semiconductor chips keeps rising, which affect their manufacturing directly, and the production cost may not go down in a short time.

Key industrial players like Qualcomm, have noted the shortage. “The shortage in the semiconductor industry is across the board,” said incoming Qualcomm CEO Cristiano Amon in January, CNBC reported.

The delivery time of the whole series of materials for Qualcomm has been extended to more than 30 weeks, and the delivery time of CSR Bluetooth audio chips to 33 weeks, Yicai reported, citing person in the mobile industrial chain.

Some chip makers which cannot resume normal production because of the US sanction measures, such as SMIC, also exacerbated the market shortage, Xiang Ligang, director-general of the Beijing-based Information Consumption Alliance, told the Global Times on Monday.

As a result major smartphone makers have begun hoarding components which helped accelerate the market shortage, Xiang added.

Umidigi, for example, had prepared a batch of smart phone chips in advance, according to Jiang. “We usually pre-stock materials for our manufacturing capacity in advance of three to six months based on our plans,” said Jiang.

He said the current chips for the company can meet the requirement of daily manufacturing capacity and company’s stocked chips can be used until the end of the second quarter of 2021.

Other mobile phone manufacturers including Huawei, Oppo, vivo are also reported to increase stocking components.

Experts predicted that chips are likely to remain in short supply over the coming months as demand remains higher than ever.

According to the Semiconductor Industry Association, global chip sales would grow 8.4 percent in 2021 from 2020′s total of $433 billion, up from 5.1 percent year-on-year.

Xiang estimates there will be a short-term price hike up due to the uneven supply and demand, but the shortage would be eased by the second half of the year. “As far as I know chip manufacturers are increasing their production capacity and China’s accelerated speed in the construction of chip foundries is also expected to ease the shortage,” he said.

Xiao Yaqing, Minister of the Ministry of industry and information technology, told a briefing on Monday that China will provide necessary support at the national level to build a market-oriented semiconductor industry.

“We will increase tax cuts for IC enterprises and further enhance the basic foundation of the industry including raw materials, technology and equipment,” Xiao said.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending