Hackers launched a cyber attack on Canada’s foreign ministry last week and some services are still down, officials said on Monday without disclosing who Ottawa thought was responsible.
The incident was detected last Wednesday, a day before Canada’s signals intelligence agency said network operators of critical infrastructure should boost their defenses against Russian state-sponsored threats.
“Critical services … are currently functioning. Some access to internet and internet-based services are currently not working,” said a statement from the Treasury Board, which has overall responsibility for government operations.
“There is no indication that any other government departments have been impacted,” it said, adding no more details would be released.
Neither the Treasury Board nor the foreign ministry responded when asked whether Russian actors were responsible.
Canada has taken a strong line against Russia’s military build-up on the Ukrainian border strong line against Russia’s military build-up on the Ukrainian border.
Ottawa rarely speaks about hacks into its systems. In 2011, officials said “a highly sophisticated Chinese state-sponsored actor” had broken into a leading research body. Beijing denied it.
In 2014, a former Canadian cabinet minister said Chinese operators were suspected of hacking into the Treasury Board and the finance ministry in 2011.
(Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Howard Goller)
The Apple Watch 7 on sale for a record-low price is today's best Memorial Day deal – TechRadar
It’s officially the weekend which means Memorial Day sales are up and running, and we’ve just spotted a can’t-be-missed deal on the best-selling Apple Watch 7. Amazon has Apple’s latest and greatest smartwatch on sale for $329 (was $399.99) (opens in new tab). That’s the lowest price we’ve seen for the Apple Watch 7 and one of the best Memorial Day deals we’ve spotted so far.
The Apple Watch 7 was released in October of last year and features a 70% brighter Always-On display, faster charging, and 20% more screen area, making it easier to use and read. The design also got a refresh with softer and more rounded edges and new sizes of 41mm and 45mm. The Apple Watch 7 still includes all the nifty features of the Series 6 smartwatch, such as blood oxygen monitoring, an ECG app, and activity tracking.
While we’ve seen this record-low price on the Apple Watch 7 on Amazon before, the smartwatch has been sitting at a much higher $389 price tag for the past two weeks. We don’t know how long this Memorial Day deal will stick around, so you should grab this bargain now before it’s gone.
Memorial Day deal: Apple Watch 7
More Memorial Day deals
- Amazon: 50% off vacuums, clothing, appliances, and more (opens in new tab)
- Apple: up to $800 off iPads, the Apple Watch, iPhone, and more (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy: up to $400 off major appliances from Samsung, LG, and Maytag (opens in new tab)
- Dell: cheap laptops starting at $244.99 (opens in new tab)
- DreamCloud: $200 off mattresses + $499 in free accessories (opens in new tab)
- Home Depot: up to $600 off major appliances, tools, and patio furniture (opens in new tab)
- Lowe’s: 40% off patio furniture, lawnmowers, and major appliances (opens in new tab)
- Layla: up to $200 off mattresses + two free pillows for Memorial Day (opens in new tab)
- Macy’s: 60% off couches, beds, and patio furniture (opens in new tab)
- Mattresses: budget Lucid mattress from $189.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Mattress Firm: mattress deals starting at $199.99 (opens in new tab)
- Nectar: $100 off mattresses + $499 in free accessories (opens in new tab)
- Overstock: up to 70% off everything + free shipping (opens in new tab)
- Patio furniture: outdoor furniture and decor starting at $9.99 (opens in new tab)
- Purple: up to $200 in gifts with every mattress (opens in new tab)
- Saatva: save up to $350 off luxury mattresses (opens in new tab)
- Samsung: up to $400 off washers and dryers, dishwashers and ranges (opens in new tab)
- Target: 30% off outdoor furniture and decor (opens in new tab)
- Tempur-Pedic: Memorial Day sale – up to 40% off mattresses (opens in new tab)
- TVs: smart TVs from $99.99 at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: 40% off patio & garden, TVs, appliances, and mattresses (opens in new tab)
- Wayfair: patio furniture sets starting at $399 (opens in new tab)
Google Drive adds support for multi-text selection and file copy/paste shortcut – Android Authority
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
- Google Drive adds multi-text selection.
- Google Drive gains a shortcut to copy and paste files.
Google Drive has finally added support for two basic features, features it arguably should have had from the beginning.
The first major addition is multi-text selection, much like Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, unlike Word, Google Drive requires a total of four keyboard shortcuts to select multiple sections of text. Those shortcuts are:
– Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Left/Right arrow on Windows
– Ctrl + Cmd+ Shift + Left/Right arrow on Mac
Read more: How to use Google Drive
The second upgrade Google Drive received was a shortcut to copy and paste files. Fortunately, Google stuck with a much simpler, more familiar combination:
– Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V on Windows
– Cmd + C, Cmd + X, and Cmd + V on Mac
These new upgrades are relatively minor, but go a long way toward closing the gap with Word, and provide a solid quality-of-life upgrade.
iQoo 10 series launch date, specs leaked online: What to expect – Times of India
iQoo is set to expand its smartphone lineup in the country with the iQoo Neo 6 smartphone that will be unleashed on May 31, 2022. The iQoo Neo 6 is expected to feature Snapdragon 870 5G chipset and 80W FlashCharge support. According to a report by GizmoChina, Vivo’s sub-brand is now working on its next flagship series — the iQoo 10 series. The report claims that some preliminary details about the iQoo 10 lineup have been leaked online. iQoo’s parent company Vivo is also working on a new camera flagship suggests the report. The report also mentions that the iQoo 10 series will include two models — the iQOO 10 (model number V2217A) and the iQOO 10 Pro (model number V2218A). Both smartphones are tipped to feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ chipset and are rumoured to be unveiled in Q3 2022 (between July and September). No more information is available regarding both the handsets.
Vivo working on a ‘mysterious’ camera flagship
The report also suggests that Vivo is working on a ‘mysterious’ camera-focused flagship phone device. This upcoming camera-focused flagship smartphone from the Chinese smartphone maker is expected to feature a primary camera that will be more powerful than the Vivo X80 Pro’s Samsung GNV camera. However, the company is yet to decide on the processor on which the smartphone will run. The upcoming camera-focused flagship may come powered by either the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ chipset or the upcoming Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 mobile processor. Vivo has still not decided on the final name of the device that will be used to market the phone. The handset might either come as a part of the X80 series or can be released with the X90 lineup, the report suggests.
Vivo to launch the Vivo T2 series soon in China
Vivo is set to introduce the Vivo T2 series in China on June 6. Rumours suggest that the Vivo T2 is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 870 chipset and the company is also likely to introduce the Vivo T2x at the same event. The Vivo T2x might feature a 6.58-inch LCD FHD+ screen, Dimensity 1300 chipset, a 50MP dual rear camera setup, a 16MP selfie camera and a 6,000mAh battery with 44W fast charging support.
In other news, Realme has launched a Naruto Limited Edition of the Realme GT Neo 3 in China. Click here for more details.
Ellen DeGeneres makes her final entrance onto the Ellen Degeneres Show
US maintains it does not support Taiwan independence, China hints at chopping hands
BBC to layoff 1 000 staff workers
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Europe kicks off vaccination programs | All media content | DW | 27.12.2020 – Deutsche Welle
Global Media Markets, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F – TV and Radio Broadcasting, Film and Music, Information Services, Web Content, Search Portals And Social Media, Print Media, & Cable – GlobeNewswire
Health17 hours ago
Monkeypox: Canada likely to see more cases – CTV News
News4 hours ago
The Hypocrisy that is America (Gun Law)
Business7 hours ago
Why Is It Difficult to Get Hired During the Supposed ‘Great Resignation’?
News4 hours ago
Team Canada players raised 'concerns' about match with Iran before it was cancelled: Canada Soccer – CBC News
Art18 hours ago
ARTS AROUND: Spring-inspired art exhibit opens at Rollin Art Centre – Alberni Valley News
News5 hours ago
Police encounter people with pellet guns 'with regularity across Canada,' criminologist says – CBC.ca
News2 hours ago
Senegal: 11 newborn babies die in mysterious inferno
News2 hours ago
Would Poilievre fund a Fox News Canada? | Canada's National Observer: News & Analysis – Canada's National Observer