After roughly a year-and-a-half, Nintendo has released a brand-new mainline Direct presentation.
In total, the stream ran for about 50 minutes and brought with it a slew of Switch-related announcements, including a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter, Mario Golf: Super Rush, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD and more.
See below for a full breakdown of all the news, in order:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Pyra and Mythra join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable DLC fighter in March
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is coming to Switch this summer
- The Outer Wilds is coming to Switch this summer
- Famicom Detective Club is coming to Switch on May 14th
- Samurai Warriors 5 is coming to Switch this summer
- Legend of Mana is coming to Switch on June 24th
- Monster Hunter Rise will launch on Switch on March 26th
- Mario Golf: Super Rush will launch on Switch on June 25th
- Tales from the Borderlands is coming to Switch on March 24th
- Capcom Arcade Stadium — available today (February 17th)
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is coming to Switch on March 16th
- No More Heroes III launches on Switch on August 27th
- Neon White is coming to Switch in Winter 2021
- DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power is coming to Switch on June 4th
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighbourville Complete Edition is coming to Switch on March 19th
- Miitopia is coming to Switch on May 21st
- Super Mario-themed items are coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons via a free update on February 25th
- Project Triangle Strategy is coming in 2022, free demo available today (February 17th)
- Star Wars Hunters coming to Switch sometime in 2021
- Knockout City is coming to Switch on May 21st
- World’s End Club is coming to Switch on May 28th
- Hades is getting a physical release on March 19th
- Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is coming to Switch on June 10th
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting an Expansion Pass to add more story and battles
- SaGa Frontier Remastered is coming to Switch on April 15th
- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD is launching on Switch on July 16th alongside themed Joy-Cons
- Splatoon 3 is coming to Switch sometime in 2022
In the Direct, Nintendo said more information on the long-awaited Breath of the Wild sequel will come sometime later this year.
‘Genshin Impact’ Reveals Hu Tao Banner Date, Time And Rate-Up 4 Stars – Forbes
Things are getting real as Hu Tao is nearly upon us in Genshin Impact. After showing off the character yesterday, Genshin Impact has now confirmed the date, time and her companion 4 stars for her banner.
Hu Tao will arrive:
Tuesday, March 2 at 18:00 server time (usually in the afternoon in the West).
She will have Xiangling, Chongyun and Xingqiu as her 4 star rate-up buddies.
In addition to this, Hu Tao will get a story quest that will go live at the same time, and will be permanently unlocked and available if you have hit AR40 or above. A few days later on March 5, there will be a new Vishaps and Where to Find Them event, which may be one of the last for this patch.
Hu Tao’s banner will be like the last two banners, Xiao and Keqing, and run for two weeks, as we are moving away from the three week rotations we saw for many months before this. I am not sure whether this is better for miHoYo or the players. More banners means more chances at different heroes, but a shorter time means more limited availability and less time to grind Primogems during that period. Though there’s a pretty hard limit on how many you can get, anyway. All in all I think it’s probably…better? I’d rather have more banners more often, I think, especially if they’re starting to bring back old featured characters like Venti, which they’re doing in the next patch.
As we learned yesterday, Hu Tao is a pyro DPS hero, combining elements of Xiao’s kit, where she sacrifices health to do elemental damage, and Childe, where she activates an elemental damage mode that lasts for a period of time, and marks enemies for constant DoT. She’ll be a good addition to a team, though if you just got Xiao, it feels like she may serve kind of the same role, and certainly is not a support character, that much is clear.
I am still debating whether or not I’m going to go for Hu Tao. I just finished powering up Diluc who should occupy almost the same role as her on my team, plus he’s a Claymore. I do have a spare level 90 5 star spear sitting around, waiting to be used by someone other than Xiangling, however…
Speaking of Xiangling, I have both her and Chongyun constellation maxed, so not feeling those rate-ups. I do need a lot more of Xinqiu, however, so if I get him, that will be nice, and he makes for a great support with his rain swords.
Anyway, see you next Tuesday.
Top 10 trending phones of week 8 – GSMArena.com news – GSMArena.com
The Samsung Galaxy F62 only lasted a week on top of our trending chart with the newly introduced Redmi K40 Pro+ shooting straight to the top and pushing it down to second.
Another new phone – the 4G version of the Galaxy A32 – completes the podium, pushing its high-flying Galaxy S21 Ultra sibling down to fourth.
The Samsung Galaxy A12 is fifth, ahead of the Xiaomi Mi 11 and the vanilla Redmi K40.
We then have the Galaxy M62 in eight with the Poco M3 in ninth. The third member of the new Redmi lineup – the K40 Pro completes the top 10, meaning we have five phones from Xiaomi and Samsung.
The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max misses out, along with the Samsung Galaxy A51 and the Redmi Note 9 Pro. The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra and the Poco X3 are the other two members of last week’s top 10 to miss out.
APH reporting three new COVID cases – SooToday
Algoma Public Health is reporting three new COVID-19 cases in the Algoma region, all in the Elliot Lake area.
The new cases bring the total number of cases in the region since the beginning of the pandemic to 199.
Case No. 197, tested on Feb. 26, is under the exposure category of close contact, meaning the individual was infected through close contact with another known confirmed case.
Cases 198 and 199, both tested on Feb. 25, are in the unknown exposure category, meaning they did not have any recent international travel or close contact with a known confirmed case.
All three individuals are currently self isolating.
APH is currently reporting six active cases in the region with two people hospitalized.
Latest COVID update Feb. 28: No new deaths, recoveries slightly outweigh new cases – CKOM News Talk Sports
Foreign journalists in China see 'rapid decline in media freedom'- survey – Financial Post
Einarson defends Scotties title with win over Homan – TSN
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Art18 hours ago
'He stood out': The art, life and struggle of Hamilton artist and outcast Philip Stone – Toronto Star
Sports18 hours ago
Holl's physical decision in win versus Oilers a boost Maple Leafs could use every so often – Toronto Sun
Sports19 hours ago
Report Cards: Complete team effort from Toronto Maple Leafs ends Oilers' winning streak – Maple Leafs Hot Stove
Art13 hours ago
Saskatoon-area painter, sculptor selected to make official Disney artwork — from Moana to Mulan – CBC.ca
Economy17 hours ago
The Economy, Oil Demand And Prices – Forbes
Tech23 hours ago
Abbotsford Airport had 4th highest traffic in Canada in 2020, and its number are down – Chilliwack Progress – Chilliwack Progress
Science3 hours ago
Perseverance Seen From Space by ESA’s ExoMars Orbiter – Universe Today
Health22 hours ago
Indonesia approves free COVID-19 vaccine drive by private companies – Arab News