According to the latest report from analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple could be looking to altogether remove the wired EarPods from the upcoming iPhone 12 retail package.
This move would no doubt be an inconvenience for many buyers, as many people default to their in-box earbuds for music and hands-free talking.
However such a move will also undoubtedly lead to a boost of the AirPods’ sales, which ties-in nicely with Kuo’s earlier report that Apple won’t unveil new AirPods nor AirPods Pro this year.
Apple bundles EarPods (costing $29 on their own) with its iPhones and up until the iPhone XS/XR in 2018 also bundled a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter (worth $10). Since the iPhone 11 series the Lightning to 3.5mm dongle is no longer bundled in the iPhone retail package.
Some sources have suggested that Apple may offer some sort of iPhone and AirPod bundle in the future. Removing the wired EarPods from the retail box wouldn’t hurt such an offer.
Crossword for Friday, Jun. 5 – Brandon Sun
We need your support!
Local journalism needs your support!
As we navigate through unprecedented times, our journalists are working harder than ever to bring you the latest local updates to keep you safe and informed.
Now, more than ever, we need your support.
Starting at $4.99/month you can access your Brandon Sun online and full access to all content as it appears on our website.
or call circulation directly at (204) 727-0527.
Your pledge helps to ensure we provide the news that matters most to your community!
Vancouver's Cibo Trattoria and UVA Wine and Cocktail Bar announce new head chef – Eat North
After weeks of planning and anticipation, Vancouver’s Cibo Trattoria and UVA Wine and Cocktail Bar recently announced the addition of new head chef Jesse Zuber, and are both set to reopen their doors for dine-in services today.
Chef Zuber, best known for competing on Top Chef Canada and helming the kitchens at Ayden Kitchen and Bar and Saskatoon’s Little Grouse on the Prairie, has developed new dinner, lunch, and weekend brunch menus for Cibo that embrace the restaurant’s traditional rustic Italian cuisine, while maintaining the B.C.-born chef’s affinity for seasonality and local ingredients.
“It’s a bit of an odd time to start a new position, but I’ve been so impressed with the amount of passion on display here and the breadth of talent from the front of house to the kitchen and bar,” says Zuber. “I’m so thrilled to be a part of this amazing team and we can’t wait to welcome old friends and new acquaintances back to our dining room.”
At UVA, chef Zuber and his team will provide a select menu of bites and small plates to complement the downtown Vancouver wine and cocktail bar’s award-winning cocktail list and cellar of Old- and New-World wines.
Both Cibo and UVA plan to employ stringent health and safety standards, including the use of personal protective equipment and social distancing measures.
Reservations for Cibo can be made via OpenTable or by calling the restaurant, while UVA will accept walk-ins only based on availability.
Best Buy Canada goes big on Father's Day 2020 tech deals – MobileSyrup
Best Buy Canada wants you to celebrate Father’s Day in style and has heavily discounted several notable tech items. As a reminder, Father’s Day is June 21st, 2020.
Below are some of the Canadian retailer’s best offers:
- SiriusXM Onyx Plus with Vehicle Kit for $59.99 (save $37)
- Google Home for $39.99 (save $59)
- Google Nest Thermostat E Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat for $229
- Google Nest Hub for $99.99 (save $29)
- Google Nest Hello Wi-Fi Video Doorbell for $249.99 (save $50)
- Google Nest Cam WiFi Indoor IP Camera for $179.99 (save $50)
- Google Nest Hub Max with Google Assistant for $249.99 (save $50)
- Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Indoor/Outdoor Security System for $399.99 (save $150)
- Arlo Wi-Fi Video Doorbell for $169.99 (save $30)
- Bose SoundLink Revolve for $199.99 (save $50)
- Apple AirPods Refurbished for $159.99 (save $60)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones for $399.99 (save $50)
- JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker for $159.99 (save $60)
- House of Marley Liberate Air & Get Together Bluetooth Speaker for $299.98 (save $70)
- JBL Free In-Ear Bluetooth Truly Wireless Headphones for $99.99 (save $100)
- Jabra Elite Sport In-Ear Noise Cancelling Truly Wireless Headphones for $159.99 (save $90)
- Bose SoundLink Revolve+ for $299.99 (save $70)
- PlayStation Plus 12 Month Membership for $48.99 (save $21)
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) – Refurbished for $319.99 (save $100)
- Xbox One X 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition Bundle for $379.99 (save $100)
- Playstation 4 Console 500GB with Dualshock 4 Controller (Refurbished) for $259.99 (save $40)
- Sony BRAVIA 49″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $899.99 (was $999.99)
- Sony 55″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $999.99 (was $1099.99)
- Sony 65″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $1,199.99 (was $1,299.99)
- Sony 75″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $1,899.99 (was $1,999.99)
- Sony 85″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $2,799.99 (was $3,299.99)
- Sony 85″ 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $4,999.99 (was $5,999.99)
- Sony 85″ 8K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV for $11,999.99 (was $13,999.99)
Source: Best Buy Canada
NFL stars ask league to ‘admit wrong’ in silencing on-field protests – Sportsnet.ca
Crossword for Friday, Jun. 5 – Brandon Sun
Long-term care company fires executive after comments made during meeting – Toronto Sun
- Science13 hours ago
Full 'Strawberry' Moon coincides with a penumbral lunar eclipse tonight – Daily Mail
- News17 hours ago
Canadians living in China watch developments in Meng case closely – CTV News
- Art19 hours ago
Ottawa business faces backlash after posts on Blackout Tuesday – CTV News Ottawa
- Economy17 hours ago
BoC eyeing supply, consumer demand for July economic outlook, deputy says – BNNBloomberg.ca
- Tech17 hours ago
Reminder: You Can Download A Free Version Of Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – Nintendo Life
- Tech18 hours ago
2020 iPhone Shock As Five ‘All-New’ Apple iPhones Revealed – Forbes
- Media17 hours ago
Hong Kong's free media fears being silenced by China's national security law – The Globe and Mail
- Media5 hours ago
3 Media and Entertainment Industry Trends Driven by the Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Content Consumption Patterns | Submit RFP for Detailed Insights | Quantzig – Business Wire