Connect with us

Health

Quebec reports 141 new COVID-19 cases, three more deaths – Montreal Gazette

Published

on


Article content

Quebec reported 141 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing the province’s total to 59,599.

The province also reported three more deaths, two of which occurred before July 25. A total of 5,681 deaths have now been attributed to COVID-19 in Quebec.

The number of people hospitalized decreased by five to 172. Of those patients, 17 are in intensive care, a reduction of one from the prior day.

More On This Topic

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

Vancouver Coastal Health warns of coronavirus exposure at IVY Lounge in Trump hotel – Global News

Published

on


Health authorities have warned of new potential exposures to the coronavirus in Metro Vancouver.

Vancouver Coastal Health says people who visited IVY Lounge at the Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver between 10 p.m. on Aug. 7 and 2 a.m. on Aug. 8 were potentially exposed to the virus and should monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.






1:40
Province considers stepping up COVID-19 enforcement


Province considers stepping up COVID-19 enforcement

Fraser Health warned staff at the Cactus Club Cafe on 120 Street in Delta of a possible exposure on Aug. 5 from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Aug. 6 from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Story continues below advertisement

Vancouver Coastal Health announced several new or expanded exposures Wednesday, including one at Levels nightclub.

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]

Health officials on Wednesday reported 85 new cases of the virus, two of them epi-linked — the highest since April 25.






1:03
B.C. officials report 85 new cases of COVID-19, one additional death


B.C. officials report 85 new cases of COVID-19, one additional death

The majority of the new cases involve young people in Metro Vancouver.

More than 1,900 people are in isolation due to potential exposures.

B.C Premier John Horgan hinted Wednesday that the province could get tougher on those flouting existing regulations.

— With files from Simon Little

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

COVID-19: Potential exposure at the Ivy Lounge, as Celebrities closes its doors again – Vancouver Sun

Published

on


Article content continued

Nightclubs in B.C. were shut down in March because of the COVID-19 state of emergency but many reopened in May and June operating as restaurants to stay in business. Celebrities Nightclub, for example, opened and then closed again in July because of a spike in cases in Kelowna.

However, since then there have been a number of warnings issued about potential exposure at several restaurants, late-night eateries and nightclubs, including Pierre’s Champagne Lounge and the West Oak Restaurant in Yaletown, the PumpJack Pub, and Brandi’s and No. 5 Orange strip clubs.

In the latest alert, VCH warned about a potential COVID-19 exposure at Levels Nightclub in Vancouver. VCH said the possible exposures occurred on Aug. 4 and 7, from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. on both dates. Levels on Seymour closed Tuesday for 48 hours to undergo a professional cleaning but planned to reopen Thursday.

Levels hasn’t responded to questions from Postmedia News about whether people have been dancing at the club after a video, posted on Instagram by Club Mumbai, which runs Thursday nights at Levels, showed people dancing close together last week. The video has since been taken down.

Last Thursday night wasn’t one of the nights flagged by VCH for potential exposure to the virus.

A video posted by Club Mumbai, which runs Thursday nights at Levels, shows people dancing close together last week. Instagram

Meanwhile, a Vancouver dance studio also closed its doors this week after a teacher tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a party Aug. 2. Harbour Dance Centre also says a student tested positive for the virus after returning from China. Possible exposure took place on Aug. 4, 6, 7 and 8. A list of which classes may have been exposed is on its website.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

Simcoe Muskoka health unit confirms 1 new coronavirus case involving Innisfil man – Global News

Published

on


The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit confirmed one new case of the novel coronavirus on Thursday, bringing the local total number of cases to 670, including 37 deaths.

The new case involves an Innisfil, Ont., man who’s between the ages of 35 and 44. His infection is community-acquired.

Read more:
Georgian College student tests positive for COVID-19

Of the health unit’s total 670 cases, 622 people have recovered, while two people remain in hospital. About 23 per cent of the health unit’s cases have been related to local institutional outbreaks.

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]

There have been 17 total coronavirus outbreaks in the Simcoe Muskoka region, with nine at long-term care facilities, three at workplaces, four at retirement homes and one at a group home.

Story continues below advertisement

Read more:
Ontario reports 78 new coronavirus cases, Toronto case count not included

According to the health unit, most of its coronavirus cases are from the Barrie and South Simcoe areas.

On Thursday, Ontario reported 78 new coronavirus cases, bringing the provincial total to 40,367, including 2,787 deaths. The province’s health minister, Christine Elliott, noted that Toronto’s numbers were not included in Thursday’s provincial case count, which has resulted in an underestimation of the count.

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending