Connect with us

Health

1 new coronavirus case confirmed in Simcoe Muskoka, local total now at 672 – Global News

Published

on


The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit confirmed one new case of the novel coronavirus on Tuesday, bringing the local total number of cases to 672, including 37 deaths.

The new case involves a Barrie, Ont., man between the ages of 18 and 34. The source of his infection is close contact with another positive COVID-19 case.

Read more:
Ontario reports 125 new coronavirus cases marking largest increase since July 31

Of the health unit’s total cases, 93 per cent — or 625 people — have recovered. Two people remain in hospital. Twenty-three per cent of cases are related to local institutional outbreaks.

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]

There have been 17 coronavirus outbreaks in the Simcoe Muskoka region, with nine at long-term care facilities, three at workplaces, four at retirement homes and one at a group home.

Story continues below advertisement

On Tuesday, Ontario reported 125 new coronavirus cases, bringing the provincial total to 40,870, including 2,793 deaths.

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

Coronavirus: 7 people linked to Toronto restaurant test positive, around 1,700 possibly exposed – Global News

Published

on


Toronto Public Health (TPH) officials say seven people linked to a downtown restaurant have tested positive for the novel coronavirus and officials are now asking approximately 1,700 people to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.

Officials said five staff members and two patrons of Yonge Street Warehouse — located near Yonge and Dundas streets — are confirmed to have contracted the virus.

All known close contacts of those individuals have been reached by TPH, officials said, adding that anyone who hasn’t been contacted is considered low risk.

TPH said the period for potential exposure is from Sept. 10 to 17 — it’s estimated around 1,700 people may have attended the restaurant during that time.

Story continues below advertisement

Anyone who was at the establishment during that period is being asked to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days since their last visit “as a precaution.”

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]

“If symptoms develop, please contact TPH, seek testing and immediately self-isolate,” officials said.

“Please wear a mask when going for testing.”






1:12
COVID-19 outbreak declared at Toronto elementary school


COVID-19 outbreak declared at Toronto elementary school

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

7 COVID-19 cases linked to Yonge Street Warehouse – CBC.ca

Published

on


Toronto Public Health (TPH) says seven people who have tested positive for COVID-19 went to a Yonge Street restaurant within the last month.

Of the seven, five are staff members and two are patrons. All of which attended Yonge Street Warehouse, at 336 Yonge St., between Sept. 10 and Sept. 17.

The health agency wants to notify staff and patrons who visited the restaurant during the 8-day period about a potential exposure to the virus. 

TPH said they have followed up with all known close contacts and those individuals have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days and go for testing. 

Around 1,700 people may have been at the venue during this time, TPH said, however, people not already contacted are viewed as low risk.

“If you were at the Yonge Street Warehouse between September 10 to 17 but have not been contacted by TPH, you are not identified as a close contact,” read a statement released on Saturday.

Nevertheless, the health agency is still urging anyone who was there during the exposure time to monitor themselves for symptoms for 14 days after their last visit. 

If symptoms develop, the agency asks you to contact TPH, seek testing and immediately self-isolate.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

Quebec reports 698 new COVID-19 cases, seven more deaths – The Kingston Whig-Standard

Published

on


That’s the highest single-day count since May 21.

Quebec has recorded 698 new cases of COVID-19 — the highest single-day count since May 21 — bringing the province’s total to 71,005 as of Saturday.

Seven new deaths have been reported, all of which occurred between Sept. 19 and 24. The province’s death toll now stands at 5,821.

The number of hospitalizations increased by 18, for a total of 217. Of those, 33 were in intensive care.

Related

All our coronavirus-related news can always be found at montrealgazette.com/tag/coronavirus.

Sign up for our email newsletter dedicated to local COVID-19 coverage at montrealgazette.com/coronavirusnews.

Help support our local journalism by subscribing to the Montreal Gazette here.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending