Update (12/19/20) – CD Projekt Red has announced that Hotfix 1.05 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available for PC as well.
Original story follows.
CD Projekt Red has released Hotfix 1.05 for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox and PlayStation consoles, and it looks to address issues in quests, visuals, stability, and much more. The update for the PC version will “follow soon.”
As detailed on Cyberpunk.net, many of the changes listed should help with problems experienced in quests and some of the fixes ensure “Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist” and fix “an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.”
What will hopefully most welcome, especially to those playing on base Xbox One and PS4 units, are the “multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.”
Visual improvements have also been added, and now NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise should no longer T-pose and V should appear “more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;).”
It will be curious to see how much it improves the experience on those consoles, and if it will prevent players from requesting a refund. For those unaware of the fallout from the messy messaging behind Cyberpunk 2077’s launch, CD Projekt Red, Sony, and Microsoft are officially offering refunds for those unhappy with their experience in the game. Furthermore, Sony has indefinitely removed Cyberpunk 2077 from the PS Store until these problems are improved.
The full list of changes included in Cyberpunk 2077’s Hotfix 1.05 are as follows;
- Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
- Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
- It’s no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don’t Lose Your Mind.
- Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
- Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
- Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv’s arrival was loaded.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
- Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
- The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor’s clinic.
- Wakako’s dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
- Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn’t prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
- Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
- Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
- Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
- Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
- Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
- Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer…
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
- Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don’t Lose Your Mind.
- Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
- Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on “Talk to Viktor” in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie’s in The Information.
- Added description for Don’t Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
- Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I’ll Fly Away is completed.
- Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
- Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
- Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain’s image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
- V’s mouth doesn’t stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
- Fixed some UI overlap issues.
- V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage 😉
- NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
- Added some warmth to HDR.
- Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
- Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
- Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
- The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
- Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
- Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
- Offscreen explosions make noise now.
- [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
- Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
- Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn’t mean we don’t want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
- Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
- Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
- Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
- Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
- Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
- Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
- Corrected the look of several vehicles.
- [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
- [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
- Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly poll: are you getting a Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra or are you sitting this one out? – GSMArena.com news – GSMArena.com
Pre-orders for Samsung’s Galaxy S21 trio went live this Friday. You can check this article for the prices of the three flagships in the US, Europe and India. Keep in mind that pre-orders get freebies and if you don’t want a TWS headset and a smart tag, you can wait a bit after sales start for the prices to drop. Or maybe you’re no going to buy an S21 at all, that’s what we want to ask you today.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G feels is definitely the one that got the most upgrades. It has an improved 108MP sensor, a longer 10x periscope and a 3x telephoto lens for mid-range zoom, plus Samsung enabled 4K 60fps recording on all cameras.
Some will love the new S Pen support, others won’t care – it’s completely optional, anyway. But everyone will get a bright 6.8” display to enjoy with 1440p+ resolution and an adaptive 120Hz refresh rate (which can go down to 10Hz).
There’s no battery upgrade, it stays at 5,000 mAh capacity and even drops the 45W charging support. Samsung dropped the charger too as well as the microSD slot, which will probably irritate many.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G fared the worst of the three – its display is down to 1080p+ resolution, its back is made of “glasstic”, which is mostly a fancy marketing terms for plastic, while the battery capacity remains the same. That said, we have a feeling that it will be more popular than the Plus.
For one, it’s smaller – at 6.2” it’s not exactly compact, but most flagships these days have at least 6.5” displays, some go to 6.7” and higher. And it’s the cheapest of the three, those $100/€100 saved can make a big difference. Also, it’s not like the Plus has better cameras or more storage.
Indeed, the larger Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G has the same triple camera as the S21. The same as the S20, actually, though the new sensors and image processing may improve image quality over the 2020 generation. And this phone does get a battery upgrade, gaining 300 mAh for a total of 4,800 mAh.
You can have only 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB storage on the S21 and S21+. The Ultra is better on both fronts as it starts with 12GB of RAM and the top configuration is 16/512GB.
As for chipsets, there are two versions of each model, one powered by the Snapdragon 888 and one by the Exynos 2100, divided geographically as usual. This year the two chips are pretty close, but we may see a difference in power efficiency and GPU performance.
We’ll naturally review the phones in detail soon, including testing the chipsets, but until then we have only leaked benchmarks to look at. By the way, there are no 4G models this year, only 5G.
You can check out our coverage wrap-up for more details on the phones. We’ve also prepared Pros and Cons lists for the S21 trio and for the S21 vs. S20 models, which can serve as quick reminders about the best (and not that great) features. There’s also a video that covers the key features.
Signal faces global outage due to massive influx of users – The News Minute
Signal said that it is still working as quickly as possible to bring additional capacity online to handle peak traffic levels.
The users of highly-encrypted Signal app faced trouble sending messages and the company said on Saturday that it was still working to bring additional capacity online to handle peak traffic levels. The problem started late Friday and the company first acknowledged it may be due to technical difficulties.
Signal allows for secure and encrypted video, voice and text communication, but users were unable to send any messages.
“We have been adding new servers and extra capacity at a record pace every single day this week nonstop, but today exceeded even our most optimistic projections. Millions upon millions of new users are sending a message that privacy matters. We appreciate your patience,” it said in a series of tweets.
Signal is experiencing technical difficulties. We are working hard to restore service as quickly as possible.
— Signal (@signalapp) January 15, 2021
As WhatsApp started sending notifications to its users asking them to either accept its new policy or see their accounts removed from February 8, it came as a blessing in disguise for its rivals as Signal as it saw a massive flow of new users.
The rush led to extra burden on Signal servers.
“We are making progress towards getting the service back online. Privacy is our top priority, but adding capacity is a close second right now,” it said.
“We are still working as quickly as possible to bring additional capacity online to handle peak traffic levels”.
The encrypted messaging service has climbed to the top spot in the free apps category of the App Store in multiple countries, including India. On just January 12, the number of downloads on Google Play skyrocketed from over 10 million to over 50 million downloads.
However, with intense backlash over the new policy, WhatsApp has pushed the last date to agree to terms and the implementation of the policy to May 13.
Samsung Galaxy S21 preorders are open: Price, release date, deals, freebies, more – CNET
This story is part of , where our editors will bring you the latest news and the hottest gadgets of the entirely virtual CES 2021.
Samsung on Thursday announced a trio of smartphones — the . All three phones have new designs, with a new, metal-framed camera array on the back and improved camera features. If you opt for the high-end Ultra, you can use an to write or draw on the screen, just as you can on one of Samsung’s Note models (but the stylus won’t come with it).
This year, all three Galaxy S21 models offer full 5G, and now you don’t have to pick between a smoother scrolling experience or the display’s high resolution — you can now have both at the same time.
Preorders are open right now, and all three Galaxy S21 models are expected to start showing up in a couple of weeks, on Friday, Jan. 29. Everything you need to know about getting Samsung’s latest and greatest can be found below.
Galaxy S2, S21 Plus, S21 Ultra US pricing
|Galaxy S21 Plus||$999||$1,049||N/A|
|Galaxy S21 Ultra||$1,199||$1,249||$1,399|
When will my new Galaxy S21 arrive?
Preorders for all three models are open right now. Orders will begin to arrive on Jan. 29.
Are there any deals or gifts if I preorder a Galaxy S21?
Samsung is giving those who preorder any of the three Galaxy S21 models a freeBluetooth tracker, along with a credit that can be used in the Samsung store. The credit is either $100, $150 or $200, depending on whether you buy the S21, S21 Plus or S21 Ultra, respectively.
Which colors will the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra come in?
As is usually the case for Samsung, your color options depend on the model.
- Galaxy S21: Phantom violet, phantom gray, phantom pink and phantom white. The 256GB version is only available in phantom gray.
- Galaxy S21 Plus: Phantom violet, phantom silver and phantom black. The 256GB version is only available in phantom black.
- Galaxy S21 Ultra: Phantom silver or phantom black. The 256GB and 512GB models will only come in phantom black.
How much will the Galaxy S21 cost me?
The cost for each phone will vary based on storage amount. Below are the US prices we currently know for each model.
- 128GB: $799
- 256GB: $849
Order from:| | | | | | | |
Galaxy S21 Plus
- 128GB: $999
- 256GB: $1,049
Order from:| | | | | | | |
Galaxy S21 Ultra
- 128GB: $1,199
- 256GB: $1,249
- 512GB: $1,399
Order from:| | | | | | | |
Manufacturers and retailers
Samsung is taking preorders on its website, offering carrier versions along with an unlocked variant. If you order from Samsung, you’ll get a $100 credit for ordering the Galaxy S21, $150 for ordering the S21 Plus or $200 for an S21 Ultra. The credit can be used to buy another item or accessories for your phone through Samsung. Preorders will also receive one of Samsung’s new SmartTag Bluetooth trackers for free.
For a limited time, Samsung is giving up to $700 off the cost of any S21 model with an eligible trade-in.
The retail giant is taking preorders of all three S21 models, however, you’ll need to be a Verizon or AT&T customer (or be willing to switch to either carrier).
You can find almost every configuration of the S21 lineup on Best Buy’s site, available to preorder right now. The only model that’s marked as coming soon, so you can’t order it, is the unlocked version of all three S21 models.
Verizon is taking preorders for all three models, and is offering a free Galaxy S21 Plus with a qualified trade-in and when you sign up for “select” unlimited plans.
You can preorder any of the new models through AT&T. The carrier is offering deals that range from 50% off the new Galaxy Buds Pro to a free Galaxy S21 with a trade-in and installment plan.
Preorder any of the three Galaxy S21 models from T-Mobile. You can get a Galaxy S21 for free with a qualified trade-in. You aren’t required to add a line for this deal. There’s also a buy-one-get-one promotion.
Preorders for Spectrum customers are now open. If you switch to the carrier, you’ll get $100 with an eligible trade-in.
Visible isn’t doing preorders, but will instead start selling the S21 and S21 Plus on launch day, Jan. 29. The prepaid carrier is taking a little bit off the price of both models, with the S21 starting at $792 and the S21 Plus starting at $984.
Starting Friday, Jan. 15, Altice Mobile started taking preorders for the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra. Customers can get up to $200 in Samsung credit for preordering.
We will update this section as retailers and carriers announce preorder plans.
Edmonton businesses left scrambling following announcement of COVID-19 restrictions loosening – Edmonton Journal
PM Trudeau tells finance minister to avoid additional permanent spending
Canada’s Couche-Tard drops $20 billion Carrefour takeover plan
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Business20 hours ago
Vaccine manufacturers concerned about provinces delaying second doses: Anand – CTV News
Business18 hours ago
Ontario to delay second dose of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine by up to 42 days – 680 News
Politics22 hours ago
Opinion | Doug Ford's COVID-19 dissenters don't get how politics — or science — works – Toronto Star
Tech23 hours ago
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G First Look: No SD, Insane Zoom – Forbes
Economy16 mins ago
PM Trudeau tells finance minister to avoid additional permanent spending
Sports24 hours ago
Karl-Anthony Towns tests positive for COVID-19 after losing mom, 6 other family members to the virus – Yahoo
Sports22 hours ago
KOSHAN: Maple Leafs fall with ugly effort against Senators – Toronto Sun
Health23 hours ago
Daily COVID-19 vaccinations jump as more doses arrive in B.C. – North Shore News