Connect with us

Tech

Shigeru Miyamoto’s kids were Sega players when they were younger – VG247

Published

 on


By Patrick Dane,
Sunday, 20 December 2020 18:00 GMT

Shigeru Miyamoto has said that his kids loved playing Sega games when they were growing up.

Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed that his kids were big Sega fans when they were growing up. This was in the face of Nintendo and Sega’s bitter hot rivalry before the turn of the century.

The rivalry was a defining one in the history of video games. Akin to Sony and Microsoft’s competition in the modern age, the two were the major players in the console space before the PlayStation launched and changed everything. Debates about which company reigned supreme were always hotly contested.

While there likely isn’t a name tied as closely to Nintendo as Miyamoto’s, that competition apparently even raged under his own roof. Speaking to The New Yorker, the developer revealed that his kids were players of Sega’s games.

Speaking about his children, he said: “They played a lot of Sega games, too, by the way.”

When asked if that made him at all envious, the developer said, “Not jealous so much as inspired to try harder, so that they preferred the ones I made.”

When asked specifically what games they played, he revealed, “They liked driving games. Out Run. They also played a lot of Space Harrier.”

It’s great that Miyamoto saw this as a reason to push his own game design. Also, in 2020, it’s not hard to say that Nintendo did end up winning that particular ‘console war.’

Ealier this year, it was revealed that Nintendo and Miyamoto take home far less money than other video game executives.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Samsung's first update for the Galaxy Buds Pro is now available – MobileSyrup

Published

 on


Despite only dropping last week, Samsung has already released the first update for the Galaxy Buds Pro.

The new update includes “left/right sound balance adjustment,” a new “hearing enhancements feature,” overall better “stability and reliability” and more.

The entire update measures in at just 2.2MB according to Samsung’s update page.

Galaxy Buds Pro update notification

While I’m impressed with the Buds Pro’s active noise-cancelling and unique ‘Voice Detect’ feature that allows you to hear someone talking even with ANC turned on, I found them surprisingly uncomfortable. I also find it strange that Samsung has dropped iOS support through the Galaxy Buds app with the Buds Pro.

For more on the Galaxy Buds Pro, check out my review of Samsung’s earbuds that aim to be the South Korean tech giant’s answer to Apple’s AirPods Pro.

The Galaxy Buds Pro are available now and cost $264.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Elon Musk Responds To a Request From a Tweeter Who Sent Him the Same Message 154 Times – mySanAntonio.com

Published

 on


There is no doubt that perseverance does pay off. A video game creator set out to get Elon Musk’s attention and he succeeded! After 154 attempts to reach the CEO of SpaceX via Twitter , the enthusiastic programmer got a response.

The independent developer Lyubomir Vladimirov , promised to publish the same message for the daily businessman for a year. His intention was to ask Musk for permission to develop a game inspired by SpaceX , his space exploration company.

Dear Elon. I am a game developer and I am making a game about the colonization of Mars with you and SpaceX. If you think it’s cool, all I need is a ‘go ahead’ to use your name and logos. I will post this every day for a year or until I get a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’. 154/365 ” , says the video game creator’s post.


After 22 weeks of prodding, the CEO of Tesla finally heeded him and answered Vladimirov’s request.

“You can steal our name / logos and we probably won’t sue you ,” the Space CEO replied from his Twitter account.

After receiving the long-awaited response from Elon Musk , the tweeter promised that a good part of the video game’s profits would go to SpaceX .

“I want to give 80% of the profits from the game to SpaceX. In that way, the game will not only serve the important purpose of entertaining people and arousing their interest in Mars, but will also help Elon Musk and SpaceX to achieve this, ” wrote the programmer, who promised to show more progress soon.

Vladimirov has shown that he wasted no time while waiting for Musk’s permission. In his profile you can find several videos showing the interface of the game.

Related:
Elon Musk responde petición de tuitero que le envió 154 veces el mismo mensaje
Elon Musk Responds To a Request From a Tweeter Who Sent Him the Same Message 154 Times
Elon Musk Donates $5 Million to Provide Students Access to Free Education

Copyright 2021 Entrepreneur.com Inc., All rights reserved

This article originally appeared on entrepreneur.com

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Samsung seems to have quietly discontinued the Galaxy S20 series – gizmochina

Published

 on


For some manufacturers such as Apple, the launch of a new model doesn’t mean that a previous model will no longer be available for sale. No, you will still be able to purchase the old model and at an even cheaper price tag. You would think that is the same thing Samsung would do following the launch of the Galaxy S21 series. But in what can be termed a surprise, you can no longer purchase any model of the original Galaxy S20 series from Samsung’s official website.

If you visit Samsung’s official website now, the only Galaxy S20 phone you can purchase is the Galaxy S20 FE, which is no surprise considering it was announced a little over three months ago. However, the original Galaxy S20 series which includes the standard model, the Galaxy S20 Plus, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are all listed as out of stock. We checked the Indian site too and it is the same thing – out of stock. The phones are also not available in the UK and in China.

Galaxy S20 series out of stock

EDITOR’S PICK: Samsung slashes the price of its 25W USB-C Wall Charger but it is not live yet

This new development will surely disappoint those who thought they would be able to get last year’s flagship phones at a more affordable price tag since there are now new models.

While Samsung will no longer officially sell the phones, we expect third-party sellers will still have units available. Also, there should be refurbished units available for purchase from these sellers.

Were you planning to pick up a Galaxy S20 phone following the launch of the Galaxy S21 series? What do you think of Samsung’s decision to abruptly pull the plug on the phones less than a year after they went on sale?

ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending