The Toronto Raptors have identified Tampa, Florida, as “an option” to be their home market for the 2020-21 season if they are unable to play in Canada, team sources confirmed to ESPN.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic sweeping the globe, the Canadian government requires any “non-essential” travelers to quarantine for two weeks upon arrival in Canada. Meeting that requirement would be a challenge for teams scheduled to fly into town for a handful of days to play the Raptors.
The Raptors are considering other locations as well and have yet to make a final decision.
SportsNet first reported the possibility of the temporary relocation to Florida for the season.
The 72-game NBA season is set to begin on Dec. 22.
Investigators search doctor’s office, probing Maradona death
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina – Argentine police searched the home and office of Diego Maradona’s personal doctor on Sunday as part of investigations into the death of the 60-year-old soccer star, which caused a wave of grief across the country.
Reporters saw several police officers stationed at the door of the offices of neurologist Dr. Leopoldo Luque in Buenos Aires’ Belgrano neighbourhood.
Court investigators have been taking declarations from Maradona’s relatives, according to a statement from the San Isidro prosecutor’s office, which is overseeing a probe into the medical attention Maradona received prior to his death on Wednesday.
It said investigators were trying to secure Maradona’s medical records.
Maradona was buried Thursday in a private ceremony attended by only two dozen people following a vigil at the presidential palace where tens of thousands of weeping fans lined up to filed past his coffin.
Maradona died of a heart attack in a house outside Buenos Aires where he had been recovering from a brain operation Nov. 3. He had suffered from a long series of medical issues, some related to overindulgence in drugs and alcohol.
Source: – World News – Castanet.net
Romain Grosjean escapes horrific F1 crash at Bahrain GP
Romain Grosjean suffered minor burns and suspected broken ribs but was in a stable condition after his car smashed through safety barriers at the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix on the opening lap, bringing the race to a halt.
The Frenchman’s Haas car was ripped in half and engulfed in flames as it speared through protective barriers immediately after the start, following contact with the AlphaTauri of Daniil Kvyat.
The impact was measured at over 50G, according to a spokesman for the sport’s governing FIA.
“[Romain] is stable and being taken by helicopter to the MDF MC Military Hospital for further evaluation,” the governing body said.
WATCH | Massive crash at Bahrain Grand Prix splits F1 car in half:
A spokesman for Grosjean’s Haas team said the 34-year-old had suffered minor burns on his hands and ankles and had one or more suspected broken ribs.
Grosjean clambered out of his car with the fire roaring behind him and his race helmet singed.
The moment <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/RomainGrosjean?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#RomainGrosjean</a> got out of the car. <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/F1?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#F1</a> <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/BahrainGP?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#BahrainGP</a> <a href=”https://t.co/gRG47tlT0g”>pic.twitter.com/gRG47tlT0g</a>
Moments later, Grosjean was shown on television chatting with the race doctor in the medical car and then helped into an ambulance.
WATCH | Romain Grosjean escapes car after crash at Bahrain GP:
Drivers and team members stood and applauded as they saw the images of Grosjean climbing over the barrier to safety and being sprayed with a fire extinguisher.
‘The risk we take is no joke’
Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton expressed his relief on Twitter while waiting for the race to restart.
“I’m so grateful Romain is safe. Wow … the risk we take is no joke, for those of you out there that forget that we put our life on the line for this sport and for what we love to do,” Hamilton wrote. “Thankful to the FIA for the massive strides we’ve taken for Romain to walk away from that safely.”
It appeared an extraordinary escape after Grosjean’s car was sliced in half upon impact with the barrier.
The accident happened when Grosjean lost grip and slid to the right, where his back wheel clipped the front of Daniil Kvyat’s Alpha-Tauri and he flew off into the barrier.
Grosjean’s teammate Kevin Magnussen looked distressed when he saw the footage as drivers waited in the paddock for the race to restart, while officials returned to the site of the crash to pick up debris littered around the destroyed car.
Officials worked quickly to build a makeshift crash barrier where the old one was destroyed.
The race restarted about 1 1/2 hours later with the positions of the drivers when the crash happened. Hamilton was leading, ahead of Red Bull’s Max Verstappen and Force India’s Sergio Perez.
Extraordinary images of the Romain Grosjean accident.<a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkyF1?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#SkyF1</a> | <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/F1?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#F1</a> | <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/BahrainGP?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#BahrainGP</a> 🇧🇭 <a href=”https://t.co/4F9oDRNLgs”>pic.twitter.com/4F9oDRNLgs</a>
Source: – CBC.ca
Dana White reacts to Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr.: ‘I hope they both made a zillion f*cking dollars’
UFC President Dana White rarely holds back when he doesn’t like something, particularly when it comes to boxing. But on the exhibition fight between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr., he didn’t really have a bad thing to say.
“You guys have been asking me questions leading up to this thing, and I didn’t want to say anything negative, because I love Tyson and he’s a good friend of mine,” White said after the boxing legends faced off Saturday for social media website Triller. “He’s 56 years old. Time is undefeated. Time takes us all down, and one of the things that I was worried for Mike is he has this incredible aura still, and 56 years old, fighting is a young man’s game. All that being said, he looked f*cking awesome tonight. I was blown away by how good he looked.”
Sitting octagon-side at UFC APEX, UFC President Dana White watched three screens during UFC Vegas 15: his fights, Tyson vs. Jones Jr., and college football.
“I was worried about Roy – Roy is 51 years old, but Roy has been way more active than Tyson has been, but Roy actually got more tired than Mike tonight, which was shocking,” White said. “I’m happy for them. I hope they both made a zillion f*cking dollars, and it exceeded my expectations.”
The eight-round boxing match was declared a draw by three former fighters turned judges that scored the bout for the sanctioning body WBC. Even though the decision didn’t count against either fighter because it was an exhibition, the internet erupted with criticism.
White might have been impressed by Tyson and Jones, but there was a clear winner.
“Tyson won that fight,” he said.
The former heavyweight boxing champ and feared legend didn’t complain about the result on Saturday night. In the leadup to the internet-streamed pay-per-view, Tyson said no matter what happened, he might continue on in the fight game, using his platform to serve charities that help as many people as possible.
Tyson doesn’t need White’s blessing, but the UFC boss isn’t upset about that, either.
“Listen, he’s a grown-ass man – he’s going to do what he wants anyway,” White said. “But good for him. It was actually a good fight, it was an entertaining fight to watch, and I thought he looked really good. I’m happy for him.”
As to whether that support would extend to Jones Jr., who said the bout with Tyson could open the door for a long-awaited showdown with former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, White wasn’t as positive. As successful as Triller appeared to be in capturing the attention of fight fans around the world, completely drowning out the UFC’s offering on Saturday night, the UFC exec said he isn’t interested in competing with other promotions who attempt to capitalize on nostalgia.
“I don’t know,” he said of Silva vs. Jones Jr. “To my core, I”m a f*cking fight fan, and what I truly believe is the fight business is for young guys. It’s not for old guys. Listen, I get that there’s still some name value out there, and you can make some money. But when you’re a fight fan, I want to see the best in the world, the up-and-coming kids, I want to see these guys fight, and I want to know who the baddest mother f*cker in the world is in every division. As a fight fan, that’s who I am, and that kind of stuff doesn’t interest me.
“Anderson Silva had his day. Roy Jones Jr. had his day. Today is not their day. It’s just not. These guys that you saw fight are the future. This is what I’m interested in. I could sit here all f*cking night and watch kids that fought tonight fight. It’s just not really what I do. There’s other people out there that do that, plenty of people that do the old guy stuff. I don’t do the old guy stuff.”
Source: – MMA Fighting
4K TV Cyber Monday Deals (2020): Top 55 Inch & 65 Inch Samsung, LG & Sharp Smart TV Sales Ranked by Deal Tomato – GlobeNewswire
Ontario reports 1,708 new COVID-19 cases, 24 more deaths – CBC.ca
Sunshine Coast investment fund receives $2 million from Telus – Coast Reporter
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Sports22 hours ago
Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn
Media17 hours ago
Canadians’ social media data not stored in country, study finds
Sports7 hours ago
Fuller makes history as first woman to appear in Power 5 football game
Politics21 hours ago
Joe Biden’s Catholic faith has shaped his life and approach to politics. How will it shape his presidency?
News11 hours ago
Environment Canada issues warnings for windy conditions along South Coast
Sports18 hours ago
Rogers needs to spend on ball team not ballpark
Sports10 hours ago
Tyson, Jones Jr. exhibition ends in 8-round draw
Media22 hours ago
Media orgs seek help with social-media giants – Toronto.com