TV wonks tend to rail against the motion smoothing feature on TVs. I know, because I’m one of them; I tell people to turn off the feature whenever possible. However, there is one important exception: the Super Bowl.
Turn motion smoothing on for the game. Seriously, it’s one of the few cases where motion smoothing is good.
Motion smoothing is a video-processing feature on most TVs, which injects frames in between the frames of a video signal to make the motion look less jerky. These frames are interpolated, calculating halfway points and processing the picture to keep the video even and consistent. It works, but in the process of adding frames and smoothing out the action, the video starts to look unnatural. It’s often called the “soap opera effect,” and it makes the movies and shows you’re watching look like they’re all recorded for daytime TV.
Film content is usually recorded at 24 frames per second, and TV content is usually kept at 30. Motion smoothing bumps those numbers up to 60, 120, or even (depending on the math of the TV manufacturer) 960 with different tricks. When the carefully produced content you’re watching was created, edited, and mastered at 24 and 30 frames per second, making it look smoother is really jarring. So yes, turn off motion smoothing if you’re watching a TV show or movie.
However, it’s a useful feature when you’re watching live sports, which show you the camera feed, filtered through a studio and editing bay, straight to your TV. You’re watching players on the field right now, and tracking the ball as it gets passed, kicked, thrown, and shot. So it isn’t quite the mastered artistic vision of a movie or TV show. Also, depending on your TV provider, the live feed will be a nice 60 frames per second, because you want as much detail and smoothness in the motion as possible.
More importantly, live sports pans back and forth across the field or court constantly. Because of how TVs actually draw the pictures they show, this left-to-right motion wreaks havoc on the picture. You’ve probably noticed this if you’ve ever seen the video stutter as the picture pans across the field. This is precisely what motion smoothing can fix without adding many more problems to the experience.
The frame interpolation motion-smoothing features perform is ideal for panning shots in sports, and very quick cuts back and forth with live video. It isn’t making film or TV content look unnatural, it’s simply evening out and improving the potentially jerky feed you’re watching. Turning motion smoothing on for live sports should help reduce the choppiness and jerkiness of those fast pans back and forth across the field.
Motion smoothing can help improve your live sports experience, so turn it on for the big game, or any game where there’s a lot of action shifting horizontally across the screen. It’ll improve your experience.
Just remember to turn motion smoothing off when you watch anything else.
How to Evaluate the Best Virtual Data Rooms for Your Company Needs?
Choosing a corporate product is quite difficult, especially if you are choosing a virtual data room, of which there are quite a few at the moment. If you want to choose software with an assessment, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will describe how and what questions you should ask before choosing a virtual data room.
A virtual data room explained
The virtual data room is capable of storing all corporate information, limiting access to it by the level of secrecy. This also includes various tools to centralize management as well as increase communication between employees in different departments. The functions of each data room can be divided into the following subcategories:
- Easy document management. For the sake of document management, this technology was created. This can include various tools that allow you to organize documents and files that are corporate, through artificial intelligence or personal management. Different developers of virtual data rooms offer a variety of tools.
- Easily enhance communication between employees. Most companies find that communication between departments is simply nonexistent or poor. This results in high error rates, problems with task fulfillment, and a lack of full coordination on projects that should be done by the organization as a whole. Due to errors that occur at the root cause, a lack of communication results in a loss of funds and a loss of reputation. Data room software not only streamlines the entire workflow but also takes communication to a whole other level.
- Security is exceptional. Data rooms have the same level of security that various military formations or high-level financial corporations have. Among these corporations, you can point out the World Bank and others that are fundamental all over the world. You have access to the most advanced encryption and local server protections that are located around the world. All the security requirements of such a serious service are fulfilled at the level of both independent certifications and permission to work from government regulators.
- Ability to adjust local security. Security policies are currently in place in every organization, which is vital during the passage of both business transactions and general work. Data room software can not only provide flexible security policy adjustments but also adjust to your company’s existing security policies if you haven’t used the tool before.
Virtual data rooms are also used in short-term business transactions. Most entrepreneurs end up using this tool even after going through the business transaction process. This is due to the rapid growth of this technology and the increased ease of organizing workflow. Choose the option that’s right for you at https://dataroom-software.ca/ma/.
Effective optimization of the workflow
Most businesses need to optimize their time. Time is currently an exceptional factor within which any type of business can grow. You could be losing money if you or your staff are wasting time. The majority of aspiring business owners merely don’t comprehend how they can restore the lost funds. The solution is obvious. A virtual data room gives you all the resources you require to effectively optimize each of the processes that make up your daily routine. Let’s start with the most crucial:
- Artificial intelligence and other cutting-edge technologies are used to help your work run as smoothly as possible. This is not a fundamental setup that is present in every single virtual data room example. This service is provided by some developers, but it can be quite expensive. Because they can afford it, the majority of big businesses are embracing this technology. Since artificial intelligence is still largely unexplored, there is a huge opportunity for future research into this phenomenon. The state of the world in a few decades is something we can only speculate about.
- Increased security optimizes the workflow. Since the majority of the best data rooms already have them by default, you don’t currently need to install or purchase additional security features like firewalls and network activity monitoring. All of this frees up the corporate network and enables you to maintain control over your workflow. As a result, you save time, and this feature only makes your money grow.
- Numerous tools are available in the data room due diligence to help you streamline your work with documents. Time can be saved through advanced document organization, which can be done manually or automatically, as well as a complete transition to a paperless workflow. Nowadays, it is possible to stop using paper. Printing has long been the primary workflow driver in the majority of technology companies. They are the ones growing more quickly than all the other types of businesses, which are largely still using traditional workflows because they are technology-adaptable.
These factors significantly contribute to process optimization. Independent researchers and business owners who have adopted this technology into their standard operating procedures claim that it has significantly increased their income. Projects are completed as quickly as possible, and employee communication has increased significantly.
How to choose the right products with an evaluation
It is quite easy to choose the right application that fits all your requirements. You only need to consider some factors that are specific to your company and the needs that your company has. Answer the following questions:
- How are you going to use the secure data room? Some entrepreneurs use a virtual data room on a regular basis, but others use it as a situational solution in complex business transactions. Your decision determines the price and further productivity that your company will receive. If you choose the situational option, then you need one of the more expensive virtual rooms because it has the necessary tools to optimize the business transaction. If you chose the permanent option, you should choose a virtual data room that can fit into your monthly budget. The difference between the two types of software is that the more expensive one will have the most advanced features, but you are unlikely to be able to spend that much money permanently. The second option provides you with good features but doesn’t require a big fee to use them.
- Would this software be a rational use of the data in your case? You can start with the amount of documentation that your team is constantly using. If it is a huge array of documents, then you need a virtual data room; if not, then you need to consider whether you need to spend money on this technology.
- How much money are you willing to spend on this technology? Virtual data rooms are a fairly complex product in a highly competitive environment. That is, almost any price range can be found. Of course, cheap or completely free products will give you fewer features than the premium version. In most cases, if you choose a cheap product, you pay for it with reduced features and little disk space.
- Do your employees need training? If your employees need help familiarizing themselves with the tool, then choose data room providers that offer offline lectures. This is the most productive option for training, as online sessions may not be effective enough for your employees. Also, choose a product that provides ongoing technical support through an online widget on the website or a phone call.
Just ask yourself these few questions, make a plan to use an M&A data room or any other data room software, and you’ll likely be able to find the perfect one for you.
FBI Calls Apple's Enhanced iCloud Encryption 'Deeply Concerning' as Privacy Groups Hail It As a Victory for Users – MacRumors
Apple yesterday announced that end-to-end encryption is coming to even more sensitive types of iCloud data, including device backups, messages, photos, and more, meeting the longstanding demand of both users and privacy groups who have rallied for the company to take the significant step forward in user privacy.
iCloud end-to-end encryption, or what Apple calls “Advanced Data Protection,” encrypts users’ data stored in iCloud, meaning only a trusted device can decrypt and read the data. iCloud data in accounts with Advanced Data Protection can only be read by a trusted device, not Apple, law enforcement, or government entities.
Following its announcements, the EFF or Electronic Frontier Foundation, a group that has long-called for Apple to enable end-to-end encryption and take more steps to safeguard user privacy, put out a statement applauding the new feature and Apple’s renewed commitment to privacy.
We applaud Apple for listening to experts, child advocates, and users who want to protect their most sensitive data. Encryption is one of the most important tools we have for maintaining privacy and security online. That’s why we included the demand that Apple let users encrypt iCloud backups in the Fix It Already campaign that we launched in 2019.
Meredith Whittaker, CEO of the popular encrypted messaging app Signal, said the decision by Apple to offer end-to-end encryption “is great.” “There’s been enough pressure and enough narrative work that they see the side of history forming. It’s really incredible,” Whittaker told The Washington Post.
The Surveillance Technology Oversight Project, or S.T.O.P, called Advanced Data Protection “essential and overdue.” Despite the announcement, the group is “disappointed” that end-to-end encryption will require users to opt-in and is not to be enabled by default. Fox Cahn, the group’s executive director, said, “it’s good to see Apple’s privacy protections catching up with its sales pitch, but making these protections opt-in will leave most users vulnerable.”
For years, Apple has touted its privacy record while leaving its users vulnerable, particularly to police surveillance. Much of the data users store on iCloud is just a court order away from becoming a policing tool. With these changes, Apple will keep up with the privacy best practices that other companies have followed for years. But it’s disappointing that users have to opt-in to many of these new protections, leaving the vast majority at risk.
Fight for the Future, another privacy-focused advocacy group, said on Twitter that Apple’s announcement of end-to-end encryption brings the company’s marketing of being privacy-focused to reality. “Apple’s reputation as the pro-privacy tech company has long been at odds with the reality that iCloud backups aren’t secured by end-to-end encryption. This news means people’s personal messages, documents, and data will be secure from law enforcement, hackers, and Apple itself.” The group is now calling upon Apple to implement RCS messaging into iPhone, a move the group says is a “non-negotiable next step.”
While privacy groups and apps applaud Apple for the expansion of end-to-end encryption in iCloud, governments have reacted differently. In a statement to The Washington Post, the FBI, the largest intelligence agency in the world, said it’s “deeply concerned with the threat end-to-end and user-only-access encryption pose.” The bureau said that end-to-end encryption and Apple’s Advanced Data Protection make it harder for them to do their work and that they request “lawful access by design.”
“This hinders our ability to protect the American people from criminal acts ranging from cyber-attacks and violence against children to drug trafficking, organized crime, and terrorism,” the bureau said in an emailed statement. “In this age of cybersecurity and demands for ‘security by design,’ the FBI and law enforcement partners need ‘lawful access by design.'”
Former FBI official Sasha O’Connell also weighed in, telling The New York Times “it’s great to see companies prioritizing security, but we have to keep in mind that there are trade-offs, and one that is often not considered is the impact it has on decreasing law enforcement access to digital evidence.”
In January 2020, Reuters reported that Apple dropped plans to encrypt user data in iCloud at the behest of the FBI, which was concerned such a move would hinder investigations and its intelligence efforts. In an interview yesterday with The Wall Street Journal‘s Joanna Stern, Apple’s vice president of software engineering, Craig Federighi, labeled the report as inaccurate. “I’ve heard that rumor, but I don’t know where it came from.”
In that same interview, Federighi said Apple “deeply appreciates the work of law enforcement and supports the work of law enforcement. We view that we really have the same mission at heart which is to keep people safe.” Apple says that Advanced Data Protection will be available to all US users by the end of this year, with plans to launch globally in early 2023.
Note: Due to the political or social nature of the discussion regarding this topic, the discussion thread is located in our Political News forum. All forum members and site visitors are welcome to read and follow the thread, but posting is limited to forum members with at least 100 posts.
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1: Every Battle Pass Skin Ranked
I’m not usually all that critical when it comes to battle pass skins–eight completely unique and multi-style skins for 950 V-Bucks is the sort of deal that’s always gonna make me happy. But even by my relatively relaxed standards, the Chapter 4 Season 1 battle pass is a great one, without a bad skin in the bunch.
On top of that, this pass breaks us from the monotony of the past year of Disney/Marvel battle pass collaborations, going instead with a pair of much-anticipated Gaming Legends skins. And for the first time since Chapter 2 Season 6, we have a tier 100 skin that isn’t a collaboration.
It’s not a perfect pass by any means–it could certainly use more diversity, for one thing, and it doesn’t feel like either of the gaming collabs is quite as awesome as the Lara Croft outfit that also came with the Chapter 2 Season 6 pass (more on that later).
That said, this pass features eight outfits that are all worthy of spots in your regular rotation. But they can’t all be the best. So let’s look at which of Fortnite’s Chapter 4 Season 1 battle pass skins are truly the best, in our oh-so-humble estimation.
VIU Media Highlights: December 7, 2022 | News | Vancouver Island University | Canada – Vancouver Island University News
Seattle Kraken to release Shane Wright for World Juniors – TSN
NASA Artemis I – Flight Day 22: Orion Spacecraft Continues Its Journey Back to Earth – SciTechDaily
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Search for life on Mars accelerates as new bodies of water found below planet’s surface
Tech11 hours ago
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1: Every Battle Pass Skin Ranked
Health10 hours ago
Breakthrough Infections More Likely in Infliximab Treated IBD Patients Than Those Treated With Vedolizumab
Health19 hours ago
SARS-CoV-2 Seroprevalence Grew Rapidly in Canada
Tech20 hours ago
Redmi Note 12 Pro vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus: Comparing their specs and price
Media11 hours ago
US Sides Against Google in Consequential Social Media Case
Science13 hours ago
World’s oldest DNA has been found
Politics24 hours ago
Has Pierre Poilievre’s social media output made him the first influencer in Canadian politics?
Sports23 hours ago
No accusing Stars’ Robertson, Maple Leafs’ Marner of cheating