We’re right down to the twine. The items had been purchased and wrapped, however is there time to ship the whole lot ahead of Christmas?
Easiest rule of thumb is to send as early as imaginable.
For lots of, that can be inconceivable.
Purolator Canada says you will have till Dec. 23 to ship applications by way of them so as to get them beneath the tree in time.
To verify your items arrive on time, intact and in a single piece, take a look at the following advice courtesy of Purolator.com:
– Position items within the centre of the field or carton, making sure all pieces are compatible neatly and don’t protrude.
– Wrap all pieces with protecting packaging. Use no less than 3 inches thick for fragile pieces.
– Make sure to fill in hole areas with bubble wrap and use cardboard inserts to give protection to edges for items comparable to books and movie frames.
– Steer clear of the use of wrapping paper to send a present as it may get broken all through the supply cycle. As a substitute, check out sturdy bubble wrap and packing containers to be had at your native Purolator Delivery Centre.
– Affix suitable labels when required: heavy weight, glass and liquid.
– Steer clear of the use of prior to now used packing containers, which is able to lose their energy over the years.
– Steer clear of the use of glue, protecting tape, cellophane tape or opaque tape to seal packing containers. Use plastic, pressure-sensitive packing tape to seal your shipments.
– By no means tie a package deal with string, rope or elastic bands. This stuff would possibly get stuck in processing apparatus or torn off, destructive the package deal.
– Affix obviously visual delivery and receiving addresses with postal codes on every package deal for your cargo (be sure you reproduction down the right kind AND entire deal with!)
Microsoft 365 outage affects multiple services – Reuters
(Reuters) – Microsoft Corp has resolved a major outage to its Microsoft 365 services that impacted users of business products including Outlook and Teams, the company said on Tuesday.
The company said it has rolled back an update to its services, which had likely caused the disruption.
Microsoft did not disclose details on how many users were impacted, but outage tracking website Downdetector.com showed that at its peak nearly 8,000 individuals reported issues with Teams and Outlook on late Monday.
The issue, which persisted for several hours Monday night, had caused an uproar on Twitter, with several users complaining that the outage meant they could miss their job interviews and deadline for college assignments.
Reporting by Praveen Paramasivam and Munsif Vengattil in Bengaluru, Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips and Arun Koyyur
What's new on Xbox Game Pass for console, PC, Android in first half of October – MobileSyrup
Every month, Microsoft adds new games to its Xbox Game Pass on-demand subscription service for Console and PC.
Normally, these roll out in two waves, and now, the company has revealed October’s first batch of new Game Pass titles.
It’s important to note that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate’s game streaming option launched on September 15th on Android. As a result, Microsoft is now highlighting Android-specific Game Pass titles on top of those for Console and PC.
See below for the full list of incoming games:
- Doom Eternal (Android and Console) — October 1st (coming to Game Pass for PC, release TBA 2020)
- Drake Hollow (PC) — October 1st
- Brütal Legend (Console) — October 8th
- Forza Motorsport 7 (Console, PC and Android) — October 8th
- Ikenfell (Console and PC) — October 8th
Additionally, Xbox has revealed the latest Game Pass Ultimate Perks, which subscribers get for the following games at no additional cost:
- Black Desert — claim the ‘Special Gift Bundle’
- Funimation — get two months of anime service Funimation’s ad-free Premium Plus subscription for free
- Phantasy Star Online 2 — ‘Episode 5 Update Bonus’
- Vigor — ‘Armed Outlander Bundle’
Meanwhile, here’s what’s leaving Game Pass on October 15th:
- Felix the Reaper (Console and PC)
- Metro 2033 Redux (Console and PC)
- Minit (Console and PC)
- Saints Row IV Re-Elected (PC)
- State of Mind (PC)
As always, Game Pass subscribers can purchase any game in the catalogue with a member-exclusive 20 percent discount to keep playing once they leave the service.
Finally, it’s worth noting that Xbox also just confirmed that EA Play will be coming to Game Pass Ultimate on November 10th alongside the launch of the Xbox Series X and S.
This means that console and PC players will be able to access an additional 60-plus games — as well as other exclusive perks like full-game trials and discounts — through Electronic Arts’ service, all at no additional cost. A yet-to-be-confirmed selection of games from the EA Play catalogue will also be available for streaming on Android through Game Pass Ultimate.
Newcomers can sign up for their first month of Game Pass Ultimate for $1 CAD. This includes Game Pass for both Console and PC, as well as an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Otherwise, Game Pass Ultimate costs $16.99 CAD/month.
September’s second wave of new Game Pass titles can be found here.
Image credit: Bethesda
Cyberpunk 2077 Publisher Orders 6-Day Weeks Ahead of Game Debut – Bloomberg
Polish video game developer CD Projekt Red told employees on Monday that six-day work weeks will be mandatory leading up to the November release of the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077, reneging on an earlier promise to not force overtime on the project.
Red, a subsidiary of Poland’s biggest gaming company CD Projekt SA, has been criticized previously for engaging in “crunch,” an industry term for excessive overtime in game development. The practice often lasts for weeks and can stretch out for months or even years. CD Projekt Red co-chief executive officer Marcin Iwinski last year told gaming website Kotaku that the company would be avoiding mandatory crunch and was “committed” to allowing employees to work without overtime.
But an account from a CD Projekt Red employee recently as well as an email to staff earlier this week indicate that the company hasn’t lived up to its word. The employee, who asked not to be named discussing private information, said some staff had already been putting in nights and weekends for more than a year.
In the email, CD Projekt Red studio head Adam Badowski wrote that he was optimistic about the state of Cyberpunk 2077, which stars Keanu Reeves, and that they had just sent the game to be certified for release on Sony Corp.’s PlayStation and Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox. Now, he wrote, it was time to fix the game’s many lingering bugs and glitches.
“Starting today, the entire (development) studio is in overdrive,” Badowski wrote, elaborating that this meant “your typical amount of work and one day of the weekend.” The extra work would be paid, as required by Polish labor laws. Many other video game studios don’t pay for overtime.
“I take it upon myself to receive the full backlash for the decision,” he wrote. “I know this is in direct opposition to what we’ve said about crunch. It’s also in direct opposition to what I personally grew to believe a while back — that crunch should never be the answer. But we’ve extended all other possible means of navigating the situation.”
CD Projekt Red didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
Last year, Iwinski and Badowski told Kotaku that they were looking to make CD Projekt Red a more “humane” place to work.
“We are known for treating gamers with respect,” Iwinski said. “I actually would [like] for us to also be known for treating developers with respect.”
Microsoft 365 outage affects multiple services – Reuters
Doctors fear flu shot, PPE supply will lag: survey – mississauga.com
SpaceX found surprising heat-shield wear after NASA astronaut mission – Business Insider – Business Insider
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Richmond BBQ spot speaks out about coronavirus rumours Vancouver Is Awesome
- News21 hours ago
Canadian travel restrictions extended until Halloween – Canada Immigration News
- Economy22 hours ago
Healthy US economy failed to narrow racial gaps in 2019
- Tech22 hours ago
Microsoft says recent software change caused major outage – Global News
- Art20 hours ago
Body art gone too far? – CityNews Toronto
- Health22 hours ago
Interactive map shows neighbourhoods with higher and lower rates of COVID-19 – Ottawa Citizen
- Investment23 hours ago
Sanctions-hit Huawei ramps up investment in Chinese tech sector
- Politics17 hours ago
Wirecard: the scandal spreads to German politics – Financial Times
- Tech23 hours ago
Yakuza: Like A Dragon’s North American release date to coincide with Xbox Series X/S launch