In conjunction with the iPhone 12, Apple revived the MagSafe branding for a new line of magnetic accessories for the iPhone. The early accessories in the MagSafe lineup include cases, a Leather Wallet, and a MagSafe Charger, but a new concept today from Parker Ortolani imagines how MagSafe could be used for external power.
Apple has introduced Smart Battery Cases for the past several iPhone generations. The Smart Battery Case design has stayed largely the same, featuring a hump design on the back and physical connectivity to the iPhone’s Lightning port.
Parker’s concept for an iPhone 12 MagSafe Battery imagines a battery pack that would attach magnetically to the back of your iPhone or the back of an iPhone case. Essentially, it would offer a modular approach to an iPhone 12 battery case, allowing you to keep a case on your device but pick and choose when the actual battery itself is attached.
“Get some extra power just by snapping the MagSafe battery to the back of your iPhone 12,” the concept describes. And furthermore, the Lightning port could remain completely free because the iPhone 12 could charge through the battery on a MagSafe puck.
MagSafe accessories provide up to 15W of wireless charging power to iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. This is not as fast as 20W charging that can be achieved through fast charging with a Lightning to USB-C cable, but it is twice as fast as normal 7.5W Qi charging. The iPhone 12 mini can charge at 12W speeds with MagSafe.
And as for concerns about the magnetic strength of the MagSafe technology, Parker says:
This would absolutely be strong enough to stay connected to your iPhone if the magnet Apple built into the battery itself was stronger than something like the wallet or charger.
What do you think of this concept? How do you think Apple could use the MagSafe technology in new ways going forward? Let us know down in the comments!
— 9TechEleven (@9techeleven) November 1, 2020
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
Better than Black Friday pricing hits new iPad Air 4 at Amazon – AppleInsider
Better than Black Friday pricing is going on now at Amazon, with Apple’s latest iPad Air 4 dropping back to $559, matching the all-time record low price.
On sale for $569 on Black Friday, Amazon has slashed the price of Apple’s new iPad Air 4 even further, dropping it down to down to $559, and matching the all-time record low price we’ve seen. At the time of publication, Amazon says the tablet is expected to ship by Dec. 20, so you’ll want to secure your spot in line for the best delivery dates.
Stay tuned for Cyber Monday Apple deals
AppleInsider will be highlighting the best Cyber Monday throughout the holiday weekend. Be sure to download our app and follow us on social media for the latest news and best prices on your favorite Apple gear and accessories.
Additional Apple deals
AppleInsider and Apple authorized resellers are also running additional exclusive discounts on hardware that will not only deliver the lowest prices on many of the items, but also throw in bonus deals on AppleCare, software and more. Here are some of the offers:
Best Cyber Monday iPhone 12 Deals 2020: Top iPhone 12 & 12 mini Savings Rounded Up by Save Bubble – GlobeNewswire
Find the best iPhone 12 deals for Cyber Monday 2020, featuring offers on carrier-locked and unlocked Apple iPhone devices
Compare the best iPhone 12 deals for Cyber Monday, featuring iPhone 12 mini offers. Check out the full range of deals by clicking the links below.
Best iPhone 12 Deals:
- Save up to $700 on Apple iPhone 12, 12 mini & 12 Pro at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Check the best deals on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 mini including trade-ins
- Save on the latest Apple iPhone 12 smartphones at Verizon – get up to $700 off when you trade in your old device
- Save on the Apple iPhone 12 mini at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Click the link to see latest deals on the iPhone 12 mini available in blue, black, green, red and white colors
- Save up to $700 on the iPhone 12 mini with 64GB, 128GB & 256GB storage capacities at Verizon.com – click the link for latest deals on Apple iPhone 12 mini available in red, white, blue, black and green colors
- Save on prepaid & no contract iPhone 12 models at BoostMobile.com – check the latest prices on the 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB iPhone 12 5G models
- Save up to $700 on Apple iPhone 12 mini at Verizon.com – see the best deals on iPhone 12 mini available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage capacities
- Save on unlocked Apple iPhone 12 handsets at Amazon – check the latest deals on iPhone 12 and 12 mini available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB storage configurations and can be purchased unlocked or carrier-locked
Best iPhone Deals:
- Save up to $700 on a wide range of Apple iPhones at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Check the latest deals including trade-ins on the iPhone 12 & 12 Pro, SE, 11 Pro & Pro Max, iPhone XS, XR & more
- Save up to $350 on Apple iPhones at Verizon.com – click the link to check the latest Apple iPhone 12, 11, XR, X, 8 & more top-rated smartphone deals
- Save up to $350 on prepaid & no contract Apple iPhones at BoostMobile.com – check the latest savings on the iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone XS & more models
- Save up to 50% off on Apple iPhones at StraightTalk.com
- Save up to 25% on unlocked Apple iPhones at Amazon – check live prices on Apple iPhone 12, 11, XR, XS, X, 8, & 7 smartphones
Interested in more deals? Check out Walmart’s Cyber Monday sale and Amazon’s Cyber Monday deals to compare even more live savings. Save Bubble earns commissions from purchases made using the links provided.
About Save Bubble: Save Bubble round-up the latest online sales news. As an Amazon Associate and affiliate Save Bubble earns from qualifying purchases.
Contact: Andy Mathews (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FYI, these Black Friday deals are still going strong today – Yahoo Canada Sports
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
If you were too focused on Thanksgiving leftovers to do any real shopping yesterday, not to worry. While some Black Friday sales ended last night, others are still going strong through the weekend. Shopping for gifts? Need to replace household essentials? Just looking to pass the time while you’re inside? Here are plenty of sales you can still shop today that don’t disappoint.
Shop: Big Deal, $95
Credit: Great Jones
Shop: All Access Center Stage Pocket Legging, $68.60 (Orig. $98)
Leggings, sneakers, face masks and more are 30 percent off at Bandier through Nov. 30.
Shop: Jet Set Saffiano Leather Tote Bag, $99 (Orig. $278)
Credit: Michael Kors
Shop: Madden Girl Dafni Boot, $59.98 (Orig. $69.99)
Save 30 percent on almost everything at DSW with code ‘BFSAVINGS’. Plus, get a free weekender bag with orders over $39 with code ‘BFSPECIAL’.
Credit: Fenty Beauty
Shop: Starburst Necklace, $425 (Orig. $650)
Credit: Serena Williams Jewelry
Shop: Never Say Never Hottie Low Rise Boyshort, $34.50
Upgrade your lingerie drawer at Cosabella. Take 20 percent off orders under $100, 25 percent off orders up to $299.99 and 30 percent off orders $300 and over, no exclusions.
Shop: The Cerchio Velvet, $175 (Orig. $198)
If you enjoyed this story, check out this top-rated hair growth shampoo that’s 20 percent off on Amazon right now.
More from In The Know:
The post FYI, these Black Friday deals are still going strong today appeared first on In The Know.
Better than Black Friday pricing hits new iPad Air 4 at Amazon – AppleInsider
Connecting Earth With the Moon: Lunar Satellites – SciTechDaily
Investment fees you don’t realize you’re paying – Sentinel & Enterprise
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Tech24 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday deals 2020 – Tom's Guide
Sports21 hours ago
The Most Exciting Canadian Sports Markets To Bet On In 2020
Sports18 hours ago
Fantasy: Start, Sit, Stash, Quit – Week 12 – theScore
Sports15 hours ago
Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn – Sportsnet.ca
Art19 hours ago
Indigenous art set to soar on Gordie Howe International Bridge project – CBC.ca
Politics22 hours ago
Montreal Mayor Valerie Plante releases graphic novel detailing political journey – Preeceville Progress
Tech22 hours ago
Apple’s M1 MacBook Air has that Apple Silicon magic – Ars Technica
Tech20 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday iPad deals 2020 – Tom's Guide