Connect with us

Tech

Duchess of Sussex expecting 2nd child, a sibling for Archie – Peace Arch News – Peace Arch News

Published

 on


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their second child, their office confirmed Sunday.

A spokesperson for Prince Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, said in a statement: “We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”

In a black-and-white photo of themselves, the couple sat near a tree with Harry’s hand placed under Meghan’s head as she lies on his lap with her hand resting on her bump.

The baby will be eighth in line to the British throne.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: “Her Majesty, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and the entire family are delighted and wish them well.”

The duke told chimpanzee expert Jane Goodall in 2019 that he would only have two children for the sake of the planet.

Goodall said: “Not too many,” and Harry replied: “Two, maximum.”

Harry and American actor Meghan Markle married at Windsor Castle in May 2018. Their son Archie was born a year later.

In early 2020, Meghan and Harry announced they were quitting royal duties and moving to North America, citing what they said were the unbearable intrusions and racist attitudes of the British media. They recently bought a house in Santa Barbara, California.

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle reveals she had miscarriage in the summer

In November, Meghan revealed that she had a miscarriage in July 2020, giving a personal account of the traumatic experience in hope of helping others.

A few days ago, the duchess won a privacy claim against a newspaper over the publication of a personal letter to her estranged father.

The Associated Press

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Want to support local journalism? Make a donation here.

Royal family

Get local stories you won’t find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

‘Genshin Impact’ 1.4 Preview Gives Out New Primogem Gift Codes, Reveals New Banners – Forbes

Published

 on


Genshin Impact has just revealed some details about the coming Update 1.4 as 1.3 starts to wind down here after the release of Hu Tao. To start with, we have three new gift codes that you can redeem for 300 primogems total, plus 50,000 Mora and some Hero’s Wit XP and Mystic Ore.

Redeem the codes here after you log in with your account:

  • ET7ADQFF8KJR
  • KTNSCQWW922M
  • PSNTC8FEQK4D

Past that, however, we learned more about the upcoming banners, and the game has taken the unusual step of new debuting any new 5 stars in 1.4. At least not with the two banners being shown.

The first banner will mark the return of Venti, which we already knew.

The second banner will mark the return of Childe (Tartaglia), and will also feature the new 4 star, Rosaria, the cryo polearm user from the Albedo questline.

Given that we have been getting three banners an update, there’s a chance that yes, we could see a new 5 star in the third banner, just like we saw Hu Tao with this one.

Genshin Impact also showed off some upcoming visual novel-type stories that will become a permanent part of the game, featuring older characters like Barbara, Noelle, Bennet and Chongyun, how exactly these will function and what the rewards will be for them are unclear, but it looks to be a departure in style from the character quests we’ve had so far. Perhaps less work to animate, if they’re in the style of visual novels.

A few other minor additions revealed in the 1.4 stream:

  • You can lower your world level once per day if you want.
  • You can toggle auto cook.
  • You can showcase your namecards, not just one.
  • There will be a new boss added.
  • There will be a new area added (not a huge one).
  • There will be a new event with three types of minigames, and you will get a new limited time bow, similar to the Dragonspine sword.

It’s a lot, and we still have more details all this still to come. Update 1.4 will be here in just under two weeks I believe, and there will be more previews for it ahead of that. Until then, start saving for the return of two of Genshin’s best heroes, I suppose.

Follow me on TwitterYouTube, Facebook and Instagram. Pick up my sci-fi novels the Herokiller series, and The Earthborn Trilogy, which is also on audiobook.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

2021 Canadian Car of the Year finalists announced ahead of top pick reveal – Driving

Published

 on


The 2021 AJAC Canadian Car of the Year and Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year committee revealed its six finalists early March, ahead of the reveal of a single pick in each category later in the month.

Members of the Automotive Journalist Association of Canada tested and then voted on the selections from a pool of new 2021-model-year vehicles, and the individual results were tabulated by international accounting firm KPMG.

The three finalists for Canadian Car of the Year are the Genesis G80, Kia K5, and the Mazda3. The Mazda3 was the recipient of the 2020 award, and recently received the award for Best Mid-size Car in Canada for 2021. The Genesis G80 was declared the Best Mid-size Premium Car in Canada for 2021, while the Kia K5 earned similar honours as the Best Large Car in Canada for 2021.

The three finalists for Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year are the Genesis GV80, Kia Telluride, and Nissan Rogue. The GV80 has already gained acclaim as the Best Mid-size Premium Utility Vehicle in Canada for 2021, while the Kia Telluride similarly earned the Best Large Utility Vehicle in Canada for 2021 award. Finally, the Nissan Rogue took home Best Mid-size Utility Vehicle in Canada for 2021.

The awards are usually presented at a ceremony during the Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto, but due to the pandemic, that event was cancelled for 2021. Instead, the winners for the awards will be announced on The Morning Show on Global Television, on March 30, 2021.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Tsartlip First Nation 'outraged' after Green MLA revealed COVID-19 outbreak – Victoria News – Victoria News

Published

 on


The Tsartlip First Nation expressed outrage this week after Green MLA Adam Olsen revealed that the community had been experiencing a COVID-19 outbreak – a fact that the First Nation chose not to make public after witnessing the racism faced by the Cowichan Tribes after an outbreak there.

On March 2, Olsen, the representative for Saanich North and the Islands, shared on social media that the Tsartlip had been under shelter-in-place orders for several weeks and that all adults would be receiving a vaccine dose shortly. He added that as a member and resident of the nation, he too would be vaccinated on March 3.

READ ALSO: ‘Vile; filled with racism’: Officials condemn reaction to Cowichan First Nations COVID outbreak

In a public statement on Thursday, Chief Don Tom called Olsen’s announcement “highly offensive” and said the MLA had overstepped his role. He said the Tsartlip First Nation experienced an outbreak at the end of January and members were ordered to shelter-in-place starting Feb. 8. He said the last positive test was on Feb. 6 and that the nation currently has no active cases of COVID-19.

“Tsartlip has a right to self-determination, we cannot have an MLA misrepresenting our First Nation, and taking liberties to make public statements without consulting Tsartlip,” Tom said, adding that Olsen owed the community a public apology.

READ ALSO: BCAFN condems racism against Cowichan Tribes after COVID-19 outbreak

The same day, Olsen called Tom to offer his “unreserved apology” and shared an open letter on social media acknowledging it is not his role as an MLA to speak on behalf of the nation.

“I know these past weeks have been an incredibly difficult time for our community and I’m devastated that my actions have increased anxiety,” he wrote. “You have my commitment that this situation will not be repeated, and I fully accept your frustration and anger with my actions.”

READ ALSO: Adam Olsen declared winner in Saanich North and the Islands

Tom emphasized that the Tsartlip First Nation had specifically chosen to keep the outbreak private after witnessing the “cruel racism” members of the Cowichan Tribes experienced after an outbreak was declared in January. The Cowichan Tribes issued a stay-at-home order until Jan. 22 after more than 70 COVID-19 cases were reported.

According to Derek Thompson, Cowichan Tribes general manager, racism towards members of the First Nation increased immediately after the outbreak was disclosed.

“We chose to not subject Tsartlip members to this and kept our outbreak status private,” Tom said, noting that after Olsen revealed the situation, the First Nation was forced to address the outbreak publicly and clarify the situation. “Our membership now feel angst and worry for their social well-being.”

-With files from the Canadian Press


@devonscarlett
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

devon.bidal@saanichnews.com

CoronavirusFirst NationsSaanich Peninsula

Get local stories you won’t find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending