Connect with us

Tech

Apple warns against putting an iPhone 12 too close to your pacemaker – Yahoo Movies Canada

Published

 on


The Canadian Press

Central African Republic alleged rebel handed to intl court

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — An alleged rebel commander from Central African Republic has been detained and turned over to the International Criminal Court by authorities in the troubled African nation, on charges of crimes against humanity and war crimes in the capital, Bangui, in 2013. The court announced the surrender of Mahamat Said Abdel Kani, of the Seleka rebel group, on Sunday night. He was detained on a warrant issued by the court under seal in January 2019. Fighting raged in Bangui in 2013 between the predominantly Muslim Seleka rebels, who seized power from then-President Francois Bozize, and a mainly Christian militia called the anti-Balaka. The violence left thousands dead and displaced hundreds of thousands more. The Hague-based court already has detained two alleged commanders of the anti-Balaka, Alfred Yekatom and Patrice-Edouard Ngaïssona, whose trial is scheduled to start next month. Said is the first suspect detained from the Seleka side of the conflict. A judge at the court who issued the arrest warrant found “reasonable grounds to believe that, from at least March 2013 until at least January 2014, a widespread and systematic attack was conducted by members of the Seleka against the civilian population and those perceived to be collectively responsible for, complicit with or supportive of the former Bozizé government and, later, of the Anti-Balaka,” the court said in a statement. Said is charged with crimes including torture, persecution and enforced disappearances. The court’s chief prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, welcomed the arrest. “As I have previously stated, my office will relentlessly pursue justice for the victims of atrocity crimes in the Central African Republic. Today is another manifestation of that commitment,” she said. The detention came with Central African Republic again in turmoil. On Friday, the government declared a 15-day nationwide state of emergency as a coalition of armed groups seeks to overthrow the newly reelected President Faustin-Archange Touadera. Mike Corder, The Associated Press

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

OnePlus shows OnePlus 9 Pro off in teaser – MobileSyrup

Published

 on


OnePlus announced that it’s partnering with Hasselblad today and that its upcoming OnePlus 9 series will be revealed on March 23rd. Beyond that, the company also posted a brief ad that ends with a quick glimpse of the OnePlus 9 Pro.

The image shows off the phone’s camera module. This includes two large lenses, two smaller lenses, a microphone and a flash. There’s one other sensor that 9to5Google thinks is a laser autofocus module and Hasselblad branding.

It’s assumed that the standard OnePlus 9 will feature a pared-down version of this camera. Both the OnePlus 7 and 8 series launched with a ‘Pro’ variant.

We know from OnePlus’ recent announcement that at least one of these cameras is the new Sony IMX789 sensor that’s capable of dual native ISO, full-pixel omni-directional autofocus, 4K video at 120fps and real-time HDR video processing.

OnePlus is also highlighting that the ultrawide lens will feature minimal distortion. This system uses both lenses together to each take a wide image. Then it stitches these two photos together via software to create an ultrawide shot. This will likely disappoint people who love the fun fish-eye effect of most phone-based ultrawide cameras but will delight people who want to use this camera to take realistic images.

Overall we won’t know how effective this new camera setup will be until the phone releases. Still, since OnePlus is really hyping the camera tech this time, I expect big things from the company.

Source: OnePlus, 9to5Google, GSMArena

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Google Tops List of Mobile Publishers Worldwide for February 2021 – iPhone in Canada

Published

 on


According to the latest data from Sensor Tower’s Store Intelligence platform, Google was the highest ranking mobile publisher worldwide for February 2021 with more than 227 million downloads across App Store and Google Play.

Facebook came in at second spot last month with more than 138 million installs, whereas Voodoo, Bytedance, and AppLovin rounded out the top five most installed mobile publishers worldwide. 

Google was also the top ranking mobile publisher worldwide for January 2021 with close to 250 million installs, with Facebook again in second place with 191 million installs.

Store Intelligence notes that its estimates include downloads for the App Store and Google Play worldwide between February 1, 2021 and February 28, 2021. Apple apps and Google pre-installed apps are excluded.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Apple to discontinue the iMac Pro – IT World Canada

Published

 on


Apple will be discontinuing the iMac Pro, its workstation all-in-one computer.

The iMac Pro’s purchase page now informs buyers that the device is “available while supplies last.” Apple has also removed iMac Pro’s custom build option from the buy page. The iMac Pro now only comes with an Intel 10-core Xeon W processor, 32GB of ECC memory, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 graphics, and 1TB SSD storage for CA$6,299.

Apple introduced the iMac Pro in 2017 as a souped-up all-in-one workstation for professional content creators. As such, it came with Intel’s Xeon workstation processors, error-correcting memory and a 27-inch 5K display.

The iMac Pro featured a 27-inch 5K Retina display.

After its initial release, Apple made little change to the iMac Pro’s hardware. Unlike the bulkier Mac Pro computers, which have enough room to let users upgrade components with relative ease, the iMac Pro only allows users to upgrade the RAM due to its design. It’s technically possible to upgrade the processor, but that would void the warranty. Its constrained upgrade path left few options for DIY users who wanted to adopt newer technology.

Apple has yet to announce future plans for the iMac Pro or whether there will be a successor. But if one is in the pipeline, then it will likely be equipped with Apple’s own silicon rather than Intel’s processors. Tech publication 9to5 Mac also theorizes that Apple may merge the Pro line with the regular iMac series once it fully transitions to using its own processors.

Would you recommend this article?

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think of this article!
We’d love to hear your opinion about this or any other story you read in our publication. Click this link to send me a note →

Jim Love, Chief Content Officer, IT World Canada

#liker-thanksdisplay:none; padding:12px; background:#D2DDFF; border:1px solid #0010AA;


Related Download
Business solutions Sponsor: LG


LG Business Solutions

New technologies can ease the burden on IT departments while enhancing productivity and satisfaction for the end users they serve.
Learn More

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending