January 3, 2021
BRANTFORD, ON – The Brant County Health Unit (BCHU) has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at a Tim Horton’s location at 225 Henry Street in Brantford.
The outbreak was declared on January 2, after two cases of COVID-19 were found in staff members that did not have clear, identifiable transmission sources outside of this establishment. These individuals were present at this business between December 18 and December 23 during the period where they could have passed the illness on to others.
A workplace outbreak is declared when there are two or more laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases with an epidemiological link in the workplace (e.g., same work area, same shift) within a 14-day period, where cases could have reasonably acquired their infection in the workplace.
As per typical case and contact management protocols, the individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 have been directed to self-isolate for 10 days.
BCHU said their investigation found no public facing personal protective equipment breaches associated with the two cases and have classified any customers as low-risk for acquiring COVID-19. The BCHU is asking that anyone who attended the business between December 18 and December 23, who is concerned about possible exposure or is experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, can contact the Brant Community Healthcare System to arrange for assessment and testing.
This establishment will remain open in a drive-through capacity only. Any close contacts to the affected cases identified by BCHU are currently self-isolating.
To learn more about COVID-19, how you can protect yourself and what to do if you suspect you may be at risk, visit www.bchu.org/coronavirus or visit Ontario’s website to learn more about how the province continues to protect Ontarians from COVID-19.
Add Your Voice
Is there more to this story? We’d like to hear from you about this or any other stories you think we should know about. Contribute your voice on our contribute page.
Here are the changes to Canadian carrier rate plans this week – MobileSyrup
Hundreds of Manitobans receive wrong address for vaccination center a second time – CTV News Winnipeg
Manitobans making COVID-19 vaccine appointments have been sent incorrect information for the second time since the vaccine rollout first started.
According to an internal email chain acquired by CTV News from the Manitoba NDP, the government sent a text reminder to 558 people with the wrong address of the vaccine supersite in Brandon, Man.
The text reminder was supposed to tell people to go to the Keystone Centre supersite in Brandon, which opens Monday, but instead told people to go to the RBC Convention Centre in Winnipeg.
Wab Kinew, leader of the Manitoba NDP, said the mistake highlights how the vaccine rollout has gone so far.
“First it was a slow start, then it was wasting doses before the holidays and we still lag behind other provinces when it comes to the percentage of vaccines used, and now we’ve seen in a few separate instances where they actually almost send people potentially to the wrong location.”
In the email chain, the error was attributed to PedalMD, a medical tech company that the government is using to help manage vaccine appointments.
In a statement to CTV News, a provincial spokesperson said:
“The human error was quickly addressed by a follow-up text. Government is conducting a review to ensure the service provider is held accountable and that the mistake does not occur again. People with appointments are asked to keep them as scheduled.”
An email from the chain written by Treasury Board Secretary Paul Beauregard states, “We are going to put [PedalMD] on training wheels.”
A similar mistake happened earlier this month when a text reminder sent to 871 health-care workers told them to go to the vaccination clinic at the University of Manitoba instead of the supersite at the RBC Convention Centre.
“This is the biggest public health intervention in our province’s history that most of us can remember,” said Kinew, “We need the government to get this right.”
As of the most recent vaccine update on Friday, 13,539 doses of the vaccine have been administered in Manitoba, including 11,401 first doses and 2,138 second doses.
First Galaxy Buds Pro update adds hearing enhancement feature to adjust sound balance – XDA Developers
During its first Galaxy Unpacked launch event for 2021, Samsung unveiled the all-new Galaxy S21 series. Along with the three new devices, the company also launched its latest part of TWS earbuds — the Galaxy Buds Pro — and the Galaxy SmartTag. While the new Samsung devices are yet to make their way into the hands of consumers, Samsung has started rolling out the first software updates for the Galaxy S21 series and the Galaxy Buds Pro.
The first update for the Galaxy S21 series brings improvements for camera performance, Wi-Fi connectivity, the in-display fingerprint sensor, and overall stability. On top of that, the update also includes the Android security patches for January 2021. The update measures 1015.31MB in size, and it has the build numbers G998BXXU1AUA4/G99BOXM1AUA4/G998BXXU1AUA4. According to a recent tweet from @SamsungRydah, the Galaxy Buds Pro has also received an update, which brings a hearing enhancement feature, improved Bixby voice wake-up response, and stability/reliability improvements.
As you can see in the attached screenshot, the Galaxy Buds Pro update measures just 2.20MB, and it goes by the build number R190XXU0AUA1. The screenshot also reveals that the new Hearing enhancement feature will allow users to adjust the L/R sound balance. This will be especially useful for people with different levels of hearing loss in each ear. The feature will, most likely, work alongside the Adapt Sound feature in One UI and provide a better audio experience for those with hearing impairments.
Right out the gate, the @SamsungMobileUS #GalaxyBudsPro have an update to add an option of enhancing sound for left/right boosting, improvements to Bixby wake-up and overall system improvements. 😀 pic.twitter.com/D0slHyA3tM
— Rydah | Samsung Daddy (@SamsungRydah) January 17, 2021
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro is up for sale on Samsung’s website in the US for $199.99. In case you haven’t got one for yourself yet, you can buy one by following the link below. The earbuds will go on sale in India at a price of ₹15,990 on January 29th. They’re already up for pre-order in the country, and Samsung is offering a wireless power bank worth ₹3,699 for just ₹499 to those who pre-book the Galaxy Buds Pro.
How well has Canada fought the COVID-19 pandemic? 3 experts weigh in – Global News
Here are the changes to Canadian carrier rate plans this week – MobileSyrup
Ontario reports 2,578 new COVID cases today – SooToday
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Sports12 hours ago
Why the Maple Leafs put Jason Spezza, Aaron Dell on waivers – The Athletic
News17 hours ago
COVID-19 worsening Canadian students' diets, inactivity, alcohol consumption: study – CTV News
Health18 hours ago
Ontario inspectors find 36 stores violating COVID-19 rules during big-box safety blitz – CTV Toronto
Sports8 hours ago
Drew Brees’ career possibly ends with more Saints playoff sorrow as Tom Brady and Bucs move on
Sports7 hours ago
Saints’ Drew Brees mum on future after playoff loss to Buccaneers
Health8 hours ago
COVID-19 in Ottawa: Fast Facts for Jan. 18, 2021 – CTV Edmonton
News21 hours ago
Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Sunday – CBC.ca
Tech5 hours ago
Tencent-backed Hike, once India's answer to WhatsApp, has given up on messaging – Yahoo Canada Shine On