Connect with us

Tech

Minecraft 1.17 Java Edition: Caves and Cliffs update to be available for download in mid-2021 – Sportskeeda

Published

 on


Advertisement

Minecraft Live is one of the most highly-anticipated events for the Minecraft community as the player base receives exciting news and announcements for future updates.

Mojang showed up with the big guns this year, giving fans enough to be excited about in terms of new content. One of the biggest announcements from the event included Minecraft v1.17 which is a Caves and Cliffs update.

The update is shaping up to be one of the biggest ever in Minecraft history. It will introduce several significant elements to the game such as new caves and mountains.


Also Read: FIFA 21 Soundtrack Revealed: Tame Impala, Dua Lipa make it to the game


When exactly will Minecraft 1.17 Caves and Cliffs update be available for download?

[embedded content]

Given the scale and size of the update, Mojang are playing their cards close to the chest, with the update being planned for a release in mid-2021. The update also includes a new Mob in the form of the Glow Squid.

Advertisement

The Minecraft community was asked to vote for which Mob they wanted to be included in the next update. From 3 options to pick from, the Glow Squid emerged as the clear victor, and fans are excited to discover what challenge awaits them.

As the update is still several months away, players will have to wait for quite some time before they can discover everything that the new update has to offer. So far, Mojang has yet to release an official list of additions to the game in the new update.

The reveal on Minecraft Live 2020 included a brief rundown of the Caves and Cliffs update, with a focus on Lush Caves among a couple of other new additions.


Also Read: Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Creative Director receives death threats for character re-design

Published 04 Oct 2020, 11:53 IST

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Sony seeing 'very considerable' PS5 demand ahead of launch – Kitco NEWS

Published

 on


TOKYO (Reuters) – Sony Corp is seeing “very considerable” demand for its PlayStation 5 (PS5) console via pre-orders, its gaming chief said on Wednesday, as users rush to secure the next-generation device ahead of its Nov. 12 launch.

The Japanese tech company pre-sold as many PS5 consoles in the first 12 hours in the United States as in the first 12 weeks for its predecessor PlayStation 4 device, Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said in an interview.

“The demand as expressed by the level of pre-order has been has been very, very considerable,” Ryan told Reuters.

Sony, which went on to sell more than 100 million PS4 units, aims to persuade its user base to upgrade to its new device to play titles like “Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales” with enhanced graphics, sound and feedback via a new controller.

The launch comes in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic that has boosted gaming companies’ revenues but also disrupted retail networks, games development and manufacturing supply chains around the world.

“It may well be that not everybody who wants to buy a PS5 on launch day will be able to find one,” said Ryan, adding the company is “working as hard as we ever can” to ensure supply for the year-end shopping season.

Sony has built a network of in-house studios producing exclusive titles, including “Ghost of Tsushima” from Sucker Punch Productions, to fend off rivals including Microsoft’s Xbox and new entrants.

Sony’s will continue to grow its studio capability organically Ryan said, adding that “where we can bolster our in-house capability with selective M&A that might be possible.”

Analysts question how far the expansion in gaming driven by stuck-at-home consumers will continue longer term, with Ryan saying it will be up to Sony to drive that engagement.

“We’re definitely looking upwards and thinking that we can do better than we thought we could,” Ryan said.

Reporting by Sam Nussey and Noriyuki Hirata; Editing by David Holmes

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Until December – IGN – IGN

Published

 on



Cyberpunk 2077 will be delayed again by 21 days, with a new release date set for December 10, 2020.CD Projekt Red announced the news in a statement on Twitter citing the immense task of shipping Cyberpunk 2077 across nine consoles and two generations of hardware.

100 New Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshots: Gangs, Characters, and Playstyles Revealed

“The biggest challenge for us right now is shipping the game on current-gen, next-gen, and PC at the same time, which requires us to prepare and test 9 versions of it,” CD Projekt co-founders Adam Badowski and Marcin Iwinski said in a statement.

The launch platforms for Cyberpunk 2077 include Xbox One/X, Xbox Series S/X, PS4/Pro, PS5m PC, and Stadia.

Badowski and Iwinski also confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 was “almost a next-gen title” during development and so releasing the RPG across different generations requires effort for “every version” to run smoothly.

“We’re aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make any difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do,” the founders say.

CD Projekt Red also addressed the news that Cyberpunk 2077 reached gold master a few weeks ago, but explained that “going gold” is not the end of development. “On the contrary, this is the time where many improvements are being made which will then be distributed via a Day 0 patch. This is the time period we undercalculated.”

This is the third delay for Cyberpunk 2077. Originally set to be released on April 16, the date has since been pushed to September 17, then November 19, and now once again to December 10.

The 21-day delay and additional development time will likely further raise questions about crunch culture at CD Projekt Red. In September it was reported that developers were required to work mandatory overtime to meet its November release date, and Badowski confirmed that employees would be “well compensated” for their time.

In the meantime, check out IGN’s Cyberpunk 2077 hands-on preview.

Matt T.M. Kim is a reporter for IGN.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Tech

Upcoming Samsung Galaxy 21 won't come with a charger: report – MobileSyrup

Published

 on


Earlier this month, Apple announced that it would stop including earbuds and chargers in the box with its iPhone smartphones. Several Android manufacturers raced to mock Apple’s decision on social media, which will look awful when they likely follow suit and remove in-box chargers next year.

Samsung was one such manufacturer, with some of its social media accounts quickly posting about how Galaxy phones include a charging brick.

However, SamMobile spotted reports from Korean media that indicate Samsung could remove the charger from the box of its future phones, such as the recently leaked Galaxy S21 (or perhaps S30, depending on how you think Samsung plans to handle the naming scheme this year). Further, the company will likely continue to not include earbuds in the box, similar to how it did with the Note 20 Ultra this year.

If the rumour proves true, Samsung’s social media trolling may look rather foolish. Still, Samsung arguably handled the removal of earbuds from the Note 20 packaging better than Apple did. Customers could request a pair of earbuds from Samsung if they needed them. It’s not clear if this option was available in Canada, but we’ll update this post once we learn more.

Still, if Samsung does remove the charging brick and chooses not to offer free bricks to those who request them, the company’s approach will likely be easier to stomach than Apple’s. This is mostly because almost every major Android phone has a USB-C port, and on top of that, most offer Qi wireless charging. In other words, most people likely have some form of charger that will work fine with whatever phone they choose to get next, something that isn’t quite true with the iPhone and its proprietary Lightning cable.

Removing chargers to help the environment is the bare minimum these companies can do

Regardless of how it plays out, it’s hard to say what benefits, if any, removing chargers will actually bring.

Apple claimed that doing so would help the environment by reducing waste and environmental impact. For example, no longer including the charger in the box means Apple wouldn’t need to make as many chargers and would use up less natural resources. Another argument the company made was that removing these items allowed it to shrink the packaging, allowing it to ship more iPhones on a pallet, reducing the total number of shipments needed and its carbon footprint.

Most of these claims are easily debunked. For example, Apple still includes a cable in the box, but it’s Lightning to USB-C, which won’t work with most people’s existing iPhone chargers that feature USB-A ports, requiring them to buy new chargers anyway. That’s not to say that Apple’s efforts to help the environment by cutting down on waste are bad. Instead, the effort is misplaced, and there are many other ways the company could actually benefit the environment. Switching the iPhone to USB-C instead of Lightning is one method.

With Android phones, there may be more of an environmental argument since the USB-C charger you currently have will likely work with the USB-C phone you get — in other words, most people legitimately don’t need a new charger.

At the end of the day, there will be people who don’t mind the change — I’m firmly in this camp as, thanks to my job, I have more USB-C chargers than I know what to do with. Others will undoubtedly feel frustrated or ripped off by the lack of charging peripherals in the box. And either way, removing the charger from the box is about the bare minimum any of these companies can do to actually help the environment. It’s a start, but there’s a lot more manufacturers can do to make smartphones more sustainable.

Source: SamMobile Via: Android Central

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending