Apple on Thursday announced the financial results for its fiscal 2020 fourth quarter ended Sept. 26 with record revenue of $64.7 billion, up by 1 percent on an annual basis.
But the company’s shares nosedived more than four percent in after-hours trading on Thursday on word of a steep drop in sales of iPhones, which are at the heart of the tech titan’s money-making engine.
Its international sales accounted for 59 percent of the quarter’s revenue, while Apple’s net sales in the Great China region decreased to $7.95 billion from $11.13 billion a year ago, according to the company’s financial statement.
Sales of iPhone amounted to $26.44 billion, down by 21 percent from 33.36 $billion a year ago, though Mac sales increased to $9.03 billion from $6.99 billion a year ago.
“iPhone is the cash cow and the driver of pretty much every add-on service Apple has out there,” said analyst Patrick Moorhead of Moor Insights and Strategy in an interview with AFP.
The company’s services revenue reached $14.55 billion from $12.51 billion year on year. It also posted quarterly earnings per diluted share of $0.73.
“Apple capped off a fiscal year defined by innovation in the face of adversity with a September quarter record, led by all-time records for Mac and Services,” said Apple’s CEO Tim Cook.
“Despite the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, Apple is in the midst of our most prolific product introduction period ever, and the early response to all our new products, led by our first 5G-enabled iPhone lineup, has been tremendously positive,” he noted.
“Our outstanding September quarter performance concludes a remarkable fiscal year, where we established new all-time records for revenue, earnings per share, and free cash flow, in spite of an extremely volatile and challenging macro environment,” said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO.
According to Maestri, Apple returned nearly $22 billion to shareholders during the quarter, as the company maintained the target of reaching a net cash neutral position over time.
Apple’s Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.205 per share of the company’s common stock. The dividend is payable on November 12, 2020 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 9, 2020.
(With input from agencies)
Best Cyber Monday Sceptre Monitor Deals – WePC – PC Building Community
Whatever your budget, buying a monitor usually makes up a big portion of the overall cost of any PC build. Shopping for a monitor on Cyber Monday 2020 is a great chance to secure the biggest reduction possible on a potentially expensive item.
Sceptre as a brand typically focuses on budget monitors, either for non-competitive gaming and also more general office use depending on the model. Though some of the features and the build quality may be not up to the standard of premium offerings, the prices offered can be very tempting to the budget consumer.
Cyber Monday Sceptre Monitor deals offer the potential for even greater savings and we will be bringing you all the best discounts on Sceptre monitors for Cyber Monday 2020 on this page. Make sure to keep the page bookmarked and refreshed so you don’t miss out on the latest deals and updates. Also be sure to check out our other page for the best Cyber Monday monitor deals around for all brands.
Best Cyber Monday Sceptre Monitor Deals
Samsung's 98-inch 8K TV is $50,000 off right now, down from $100,000 – TweakTown
If you’ve got a spare $50K laying around then you might want to take a gander at Samsung’s gigantic and life-changing and living room changing and everything changing 98-inch 8K TV for $50,000 — down from its original prrice of $100,000.
VIEW GALLERY – 2 IMAGES
Yeah, a $50,000 discount on Samsung’s 98-inch Q900 HDR 8K QLED TV and its regular price of $100,000 right now on B&H. Samsung has one of the biggest and best TVs on the market with its 98-inch Q900 HDR 8K QLED TV, so imagine what it would be like plugged into a grunty gaming PC.
I think it would be blasphemy to hook up an Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 to it, but I guess if you had the money for this TV then a handful of Benjamins for a next-gen console is nothing.
Best Buy Cyber Monday 2020: Here Are The Best Early Deals – Forbes
Best Buy delivered a knock-out Black Friday with some of the biggest smartphone savings of any store. And the good news is the Best Buy Cyber Monday sale delivers again and it is already live. Here are the deals you need to know about. Tip: deals on this page are updated regularly, so bookmark it.
Note: this article does not use affiliate links. Every deal recommendation is made based on its own merits.
Best Buy Cyber Monday Biggest Smartphone Savings
- 11/28 iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Save up to $900 with qualified activation and trade-in with AT&T – shop deal now
- 11/28 iPhone 12 – Save up to $440 with qualified activation and trade-in with Sprint. Plus, save up to an additional $730 with qualified activation of two select iPhone models with Sprint – shop deal now
- 11/28 Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Save up to $750 with qualified activation and trade-in with Verizon – shop deal now
- 11/28 Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G – save up to $1,000 on 2nd Samsung Galaxy phone with activation on Sprint – shop deal now
Best Buy Cyber Monday Biggest Laptop Savings
- 11/28 Lenovo – IdeaPad 3 15-inch Touch Screen Laptop – Intel Core i5-1035G1 – 12GB Memory – 256GB SSD – Platinum Grey – $349.99 (save $250) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple – MacBook Pro – 16-inch Display with Touch Bar – Intel Core i7 – 16GB Memory – AMD Radeon Pro 5300M – 512GB SSD (Latest Model) – Space Gray – $2,149.99 (save $250) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple – MacBook Air 13.3-inch Laptop with Touch ID – Intel Core i3 – 8GB Memory – 256GB Solid State Drive – Gold – $799.99 (save $200) – shop deal now
- 11/28 HP OMEN – 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop – AMD Ryzen 7 – 16GB Memory – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti – 1TB SSD – Mica Silver – $949.99 (save $400) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Lenovo – Yoga C940 2-in-1 14-inch Touch-Screen Laptop – Intel Core i7 – 12GB Memory – 512GB Solid State Drive – Iron Gray – $999.99 (save $300) – shop deal now
- 11/28 LG – gram 15.6-inch Touch-Screen Laptop – Intel Core i7 – 16GB Memory – 1.024TB SSD – Dark Silver – $1,499.99 (save $500) – shop deal now
- 11/28 HP – Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop – Intel Core i7 – 16GB Memory – GeForce MX330 – 512GB SSD – Nightfall Black – $1,099.99 (save $500) – shop deal now
Best Buy Cyber Monday Tablet Biggest Savings
- 11/28 Microsoft – Surface Pro 7 – 12.3-inch Touch Screen – Intel Core i3 – 4GB Memory – 128GB SSD with Black Type Cover (Latest Model) – Platinum – $599 (save $360) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Microsoft – Surface Pro 7 – 12.3-inch Touch Screen – Intel Core i5 – 8GB Memory – 256GB SSD with Black Type Cover (Latest Model) – Matte Black – $899 (save $430) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple – 12.9-Inch iPad Pro (Latest Model) with Wi-Fi – 128GB – Space Gray – $899.99 (save $100) – shop deal now
- 1 1/28 Apple – 10.2-inch iPad (Latest Model) with Wi-Fi + Cellular – 128GB (Verizon) – Space Gray – $359.99 (save $200) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Samsung – Galaxy Tab S6 – 10.5-inch – 256GB – Mountain Gray – $479.99 (save $250) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Samsung – Galaxy Tab S6 Lite – 10.4-inch – 64GB – Oxford Gray – $249.99 (save $100) – shop deal now
- 11/28 PACKAGE DEAL – Microsoft – Surface Pro 7 – 12.3-inch Touch Screen – Intel Core i3 – 4GB Memory – 128GB SSD with Black Type Cover (Latest Model) – Platinum + Microsoft – Surface Pen – Platinum, Microsoft – Surface Mobile Mouse – Silver and Microsoft 365 Personal (1 Person) (12-Month Subscription-Auto Renew) – $756.97 (save $407) – shop deal now
Best Buy Cyber Monday Headphones Biggest Savings
- 11/28 Apple – AirPods Pro – White – $199.99 (save $50) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple – AirPods with Charging Case (Latest Model) – White – $119.99 (save $40) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple – AirPods with Wireless Charging Case (Latest Model) – White – $149.99 (save $50) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sony – WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Over-the-Ear Headphones – Black – $278 (save $71.99) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sony – WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Over-the-Ear Headphones with Google Assistant – Black – $279.99 (save $70) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sony – WF-1000XM3 True Wireless Noise Cancelling In-Ear Headphones – Black – $168 (save $61.99) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sennheiser – HD 450BT Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones (HD 458BT Exclusive) – Black/Red – $99.98 (save $100) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Beats by Dr. Dre – Solo Pro More Matte Collection Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones – Dark Blue – $169.99 (save $130) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Shure – AONIC 50 Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones – Black – $299.98 (save $100) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Bose – QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones – Black – $199 (save $100) – shop deal now
Best Buy Cyber Monday Speakers Biggest Savings
- 11/28 Samsung HW-Q60T 5.1ch Soundbar with 3D Surround Sound and Acoustic Beam (2020) – Black – $279.99 (save $220) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Samsung – HW-Q70T 3.1.2ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos / DTS:X (2020) – Black – $399.99 (save $300) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sony – 3.1 Ch Hi-Res Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer – Black – $699.99 (save $200) – shop deal now
Best Buy Cyber Monday Biggest TV Savings
- 11/28 Samsung – 82-inch Class 6 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV – $1,297.99 (save $402) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Hisense – 75-inch Class H6510G Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV – $599.99 (save $400) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sony – 65-inch Class X900H Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV – $999.99 (save $400) – shop deal now
- 11/28 LG – 65-inch Class CX Series OLED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV – $1,899.99 (save $600) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Sony – 65-inch Class A8H Series OLED 4K UHD Smart Android TV – $1,799.99 (save $1,000) – shop deal now
Best BuyCyber Monday Black Friday Biggest Smart Device Savings
- 11/28 Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 40mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band – Space Gray – $379 (save $20) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS) 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band – Space Gray – $409 (save $20) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS) 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band – Space Gray Aluminum – $329 (save $100) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Nest Hub 7-inch Smart Display with Google Assistant – Chalk – $49.99 (save $40) – shop deal now
- 11/28 Nest Hub Max 10-inch Smart Display with Google Assistant – Charcoal – $179.99 (save $50) – shop deeal now
- 11/28 Bose – Soundbar 700 Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant – Black – $699.99 (save $100) – shop deal now
- 11/28 PACKAGE DEAL – Amazon – Echo Show 8-inch Smart Display with Alexa – Sandstone and Blink – Mini Indoor 1080p Wi-Fi Security Camera – White – $69.99 (save $94.99) – shop deal now
- 11/28 PACKAGE DEAL – Amazon – Echo Show (2nd Gen) 10.1-inch Smart Display with Alexa – Sandstone (2 pack) – $299.98 (save $160) – shop deal now
- 11/28 PACKAGE DEAL – Google – Nest Mini (2nd Generation) Smart Speaker with Google Assistant – Chalk (2 pack) – $37.98 (save $62) – shop deal now
To track my daily Cyber Monday guides, leaks and recommendations hit the Follow button on my author page. You will also find my store-by-store guides below, all of which are updated daily.
Follow Gordon on Facebook
My Cyber Monday Guides on Forbes
Environment Canada issues warnings for windy conditions along South Coast – CBC.ca
Reaction Recap: Mike Tyson–Roy Jones Jr. bout finishes as a draw – Sportsnet.ca
Best Cyber Monday Sceptre Monitor Deals – WePC – PC Building Community
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Media19 hours ago
My golden rule for social media: talk trash to your heart’s content, but do it in private – The Guardian
Tech19 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday deals 2020 – Tom's Guide
Sports16 hours ago
The Most Exciting Canadian Sports Markets To Bet On In 2020
Sports10 hours ago
Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn – Sportsnet.ca
Tech21 hours ago
PS5 owners are exploiting a loophole to sell the PS Plus Collection to PS4 owners – Eurogamer.net
Art14 hours ago
Indigenous art set to soar on Gordie Howe International Bridge project – CBC.ca
Politics17 hours ago
Montreal Mayor Valerie Plante releases graphic novel detailing political journey – Preeceville Progress
Tech16 hours ago
Black Friday & Cyber Monday 4K TV Deals (2020): Samsung, LG, Sharp, Sony & More TV Deals Listed by Consumer Walk – Business Wire