Google has revealed a new approach to reverse charging on the flagship Pixel 5, which could make it a little less fiddly to use. Reverse Charging has become an increasingly popular feature in recent years, after first coming to mainstream attention with the Huawei P30 Pro. As the name suggests, it reverses the Qi charging unit in the device, allowing you to charge other wireless products from the handset battery.
The problem in the past has been that, in order to protect the phone’s battery, the feature needs to be turned on manually each time it’s used, and the toggle switch is usually buried deep in the settings pages.
The Pixel 5 does it differently – reverse charging is automatically turned on whenever the phone is plugged into a power source via USB-C. You’ll be told the first time you use it, but after that, it’ll happen silently in the background. The feature, referred to by Google as ‘Battery Share’ only stays on for a short time before disabling if it doesn’t detect anything that needs charging, so there’s no need to worry about your phone overheating for no good reason.
If you’re running off battery power, you can still trigger Battery Share from the settings menu. This should only really be used if you find yourself in a fix, however, as it drains the battery significantly, but a lot of juice is lost in transfer so it can only really offer you a ‘jump start’ for another device unless you don’t mind your phone being dead.
On the other hand, whilst it’s plugged in, using your Pixel 5 as a Qi charging pad gives it a nice extra string to its bow while it’s sitting on the table, on charge. At the very least, it’s one less messy USB cable cluttering up the place.
The 27 Best Cyber Monday Deals of 2020 | Health.com – Health.com
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
If you passed out in a post-Thanksgiving coma and missed the Black Friday shopping frenzy, you’re probably stressing about all the deals you missed on vibrators, face masks, and anti-aging skincare. Well, don’t waste too much time crying over the deals that got away, because Cyber Monday 2020 is almost here—and the sales might just be even better than Black Friday.
Often overshadowed by Black Friday, Cyber Monday rivals its predecessor with equally good discounts, just with way less fanfare. It arrives each year with an exclusive set of fresh deals for shoppers available only after the madness of Black Friday has come to an end. This delay between shopping events ensures there’s plenty of time to restock sold-out goodies and to squeeze in a few orders from small businesses alongside big box stores.
It’s also a learning curve for experienced shoppers. They take note of Black Friday deals that sold out (like Apple Watch Series 3 for just $120) and watch for similar discounts, ensuring they don’t miss out on the best savings again. A better option? Checking out our curated list of the best Cyber Monday deals, below.
From athleisure and gym bags to comfy shoes and cozy bedding, we’ve got all the best deals that Health editors are adding to their shopping carts right now. After all, this is an entire day dedicated to scoring the best online deals, and we’re experts there.
Best Cyber Monday activewear and apparel deals
- Sweaty Betty: Get 30% off sitewide (including the bum-sculpting leggings Jennifer Aniston is “loving”) with the code CHEERS until December 1.
- Spanx: From Kourtney Kardashian’s favorite “no camel toe” leggings to one Health writer’s winter go-to, everything at Spanx is 20% off until December 1.
- Nordstrom: Select items from Nordstrom’s top brands are discounted for Cyber Monday 2020, including the best-selling Zella Moto Live-In Leggings for just $44 and Nordstrom shoppers’ favorite Natori Bliss Perfect Underwire Bra that’s more than half off.
- Lululemon: The popular activewear brand’s Black Friday deals are still live with select items marked down as much as 70%.
- Bandier: Save big on leggings, sports bras, gym bags, and more with Bandier’s sitewide 30% off sale. P.S: The Cyber Monday sale includes the coveted On Running Shoes for the first time ever.
- Gaiam: Get 20% off sitewide, plus free shipping on orders over $75 with the code BLACKFRIDAY2020.
- Old Navy: Take 50% off everything—including new arrivals and clearance items—until December 1. Deals start at just $5 and include savings on the brand’s best-selling cloth face masks.
- Amazon: Along with markdowns from top brands like Under Armour and Adidas, Amazon’s own line of activewear, Core 10, is also discounted today. Score a pair of Core 10’s customized leggings—with personalized lengths, waistbands, and colors—for just $27.
- Reebok: Reebok’s 40% off Black Friday sale is extended through Sunday night with promo code BLACKFRI—plus, you can take an additional 50% off sale items.
Best Cyber Monday shoe deals
- Nordstrom: Shoes are also part of Nordstrom’s Cyber Monday sale, including the Nike React Infinity Flyknit Running Shoe for 44% off.
- Amazon: You’ll find plenty of comfy shoes in Amazon’s Cyber Monday markdowns, like New Balance shoes for 30% off and Puma shoes for 20% off.
- Zappos: You can start shopping select early Cyber Monday deals now—like these Cole Haan Chelsea Boots for 40% off—with the rest of the markdowns going live on Monday.
- Sorel: Get up to 40% off select SOREL footwear and free shipping.
- Keds: Take 30% off full priced items and 10% off sale items with the code NOCROWDS or use the code KATE40 to save 40% on any full-priced Kate Spade New York shoe styles that are sold at Keds.
- Cole Haan: Get up to 70% off more than 300 select sale styles; use the promo code THEBEST for an extra 10% off your entire purchase.
- TOMS: Your entire order is 35% off until December 1, but you can save even more on sale items.
Best Cyber Monday beauty and skincare deals
Best Cyber Monday home and kitchen deals
Shop More Black Friday Deals:
Sign up for our Health Shopping newsletter to get your daily dose of retail therapy with great deals handpicked by our editors—straight to your inbox.
iPhone 7 Cyber Monday Deals 2020: Unlocked iPhone 7 & 7 Plus Deals Revealed by Save Bubble – GlobeNewswire
Cyber Monday iPhone deals are finally here, review the best Cyber Monday Apple iPhone 7 & 7 Plus deals on this page
Find the latest iPhone deals for Cyber Monday, including unlocked and network phone offers. Links to the latest deals are listed below.
Best iPhone 7 Deals:
Best iPhone Deals:
- Save up to $700 on a wide range of Apple iPhones at ATT.com – Black Friday deals are here! Check the latest deals including trade-ins on the iPhone 12 & 12 Pro, SE, 11 Pro & Pro Max, iPhone XS, XR & more
- Save up to $350 on Apple iPhones at Verizon.com – click the link to check the latest Apple iPhone 12, 11, XR, X, 8 & more top-rated smartphone deals
- Save up to $350 on prepaid & no contract Apple iPhones at BoostMobile.com – check the latest savings on the iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone XS & more models
- Save up to 50% off on Apple iPhones at StraightTalk.com
- Save up to 25% on unlocked Apple iPhones at Amazon – check live prices on Apple iPhone 12, 11, XR, XS, X, 8, & 7 smartphones
Want some more deals? Click here to enjoy the entire selection of live deals at Walmart’s Cyber Monday sale and click here to check out Amazon’s latest Cyber Monday deals. Save Bubble earns commissions from purchases made using the links provided.
About Save Bubble: Save Bubble round-up the latest online sales news. As an Amazon Associate and affiliate Save Bubble earns from qualifying purchases.
Contact: Andy Mathews (email@example.com)
Better than Black Friday pricing hits new iPad Air 4 at Amazon – AppleInsider
Better than Black Friday pricing is going on now at Amazon, with Apple’s latest iPad Air 4 dropping back to $559, matching the all-time record low price.
On sale for $569 on Black Friday, Amazon has slashed the price of Apple’s new iPad Air 4 even further, dropping it down to down to $559, and matching the all-time record low price we’ve seen. At the time of publication, Amazon says the tablet is expected to ship by Dec. 20, so you’ll want to secure your spot in line for the best delivery dates.
Stay tuned for Cyber Monday Apple deals
AppleInsider will be highlighting the best Cyber Monday throughout the holiday weekend. Be sure to download our app and follow us on social media for the latest news and best prices on your favorite Apple gear and accessories.
Additional Apple deals
AppleInsider and Apple authorized resellers are also running additional exclusive discounts on hardware that will not only deliver the lowest prices on many of the items, but also throw in bonus deals on AppleCare, software and more. Here are some of the offers:
COVID-19 concerns raised after video shows crowding at Chinook Centre – Calgary Herald
The 27 Best Cyber Monday Deals of 2020 | Health.com – Health.com
COVID-19 cases in Canada remain on troubling course, Tam says, amid rising numbers – CFJC Today Kamloops
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Sports23 hours ago
The Most Exciting Canadian Sports Markets To Bet On In 2020
Tech22 hours ago
The best Cyber Monday iPad deals 2020 – Tom's Guide
Sports18 hours ago
Lions fire head coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn – Sportsnet.ca
Sports21 hours ago
Fantasy: Start, Sit, Stash, Quit – Week 12 – theScore
Art21 hours ago
Indigenous art set to soar on Gordie Howe International Bridge project – CBC.ca
Science16 hours ago
This contraption, designed by a UVic alum, has been named one of 2020's best inventions – Yahoo News Canada
Tech23 hours ago
Black Friday & Cyber Monday 4K TV Deals (2020): Samsung, LG, Sharp, Sony & More TV Deals Listed by Consumer Walk – Business Wire
Politics18 hours ago
Week In Politics: Trump Acknowledges Transition Of Power, But Stops Short Of Conceding – NPR