Connect with us

Health

1 new coronavirus case in Ottawa on Tuesday – Global News

Published

on


Ottawa added one new case of the novel coronavirus to its total on Tuesday, according to the provincial database, marking the second consecutive day of single-digit increases following weeks of surging test results.

Ottawa now stands at 2,560 cases of the virus since the pandemic began. The number of deaths related to COVID-19 remains unchanged at 264 as of Tuesday.

The latest daily report follows four new cases recorded locally on Monday, the Civic Holiday in Ontario.

Over the long weekend, some of the city’s testing centres were closed. While the Brewer Assessment Centre remained open from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every day, the Moodie Care Centre only reopened on Monday while the Heron Care Centre was closed until Tuesday morning.

Read more:
Coronavirus exposures reported on Calgary, Ottawa flights through Vancouver

Story continues below advertisement

Ottawa’s figures mirrored similar drop-offs in new cases across the province, with Ontario reporting fewer than 100 new cases on both Monday and Tuesday.

[ Sign up for our Health IQ newsletter for the latest coronavirus updates ]

Heading into the long weekend, Ottawa’s coronavirus case count stood at 2,522 following weeks of daily double-digit increases in the total number of cases locally.

With cases of the coronavirus surging in Ottawa since mid-July, local health officials have urged residents to get “back to basics” to flatten the curve again.

Ottawa Public Health will release its complete daily report on local coronavirus figures, including age breakdowns, hospitalizations and outbreaks, later Tuesday afternoon.

© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

7 COVID-19 cases linked to Yonge Street Warehouse – CBC.ca

Published

on


Toronto Public Health (TPH) says seven people who have tested positive for COVID-19 went to a Yonge Street restaurant within the last month.

Of the seven, five are staff members and two are patrons. All of which attended Yonge Street Warehouse, at 336 Yonge St., between Sept. 10 and Sept. 17.

The health agency wants to notify staff and patrons who visited the restaurant during the 8-day period about a potential exposure to the virus. 

TPH said they have followed up with all known close contacts and those individuals have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days and go for testing. 

Around 1,700 people may have been at the venue during this time, TPH said, however, people not already contacted are viewed as low risk.

“If you were at the Yonge Street Warehouse between September 10 to 17 but have not been contacted by TPH, you are not identified as a close contact,” read a statement released on Saturday.

Nevertheless, the health agency is still urging anyone who was there during the exposure time to monitor themselves for symptoms for 14 days after their last visit. 

If symptoms develop, the agency asks you to contact TPH, seek testing and immediately self-isolate.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

Quebec reports 698 new COVID-19 cases, seven more deaths – The Kingston Whig-Standard

Published

on


That’s the highest single-day count since May 21.

Quebec has recorded 698 new cases of COVID-19 — the highest single-day count since May 21 — bringing the province’s total to 71,005 as of Saturday.

Seven new deaths have been reported, all of which occurred between Sept. 19 and 24. The province’s death toll now stands at 5,821.

The number of hospitalizations increased by 18, for a total of 217. Of those, 33 were in intensive care.

Related

All our coronavirus-related news can always be found at montrealgazette.com/tag/coronavirus.

Sign up for our email newsletter dedicated to local COVID-19 coverage at montrealgazette.com/coronavirusnews.

Help support our local journalism by subscribing to the Montreal Gazette here.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Health

Quebec reports 698 new COVID-19 cases, seven more deaths – The Sudbury Star

Published

on


That’s the highest single-day count since May 21.

Quebec has recorded 698 new cases of COVID-19 — the highest single-day count since May 21 — bringing the province’s total to 71,005 as of Saturday.

Seven new deaths have been reported, all of which occurred between Sept. 19 and 24. The province’s death toll now stands at 5,821.

The number of hospitalizations increased by 18, for a total of 217. Of those, 33 were in intensive care.

Related

All our coronavirus-related news can always be found at montrealgazette.com/tag/coronavirus.

Sign up for our email newsletter dedicated to local COVID-19 coverage at montrealgazette.com/coronavirusnews.

Help support our local journalism by subscribing to the Montreal Gazette here.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending