Apple has given Parler, the social network favored by conservatives and extremists, an ultimatum to implement a full moderation plan of its platform within the next 24 hours or face expulsion from the App store.
In an email sent this morning and obtained by BuzzFeed News, Apple wrote to Parler’s executives that there had been complaints that the service had been used to plan and coordinate the storming of the US Capitol by President Donald Trump’s supporters on Wednesday. The insurrection left five people dead, including a police officer.
“We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property,” Apple wrote to Parler. “The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities.”
Apple said that “to ensure there is no interruption of the availability of your app on the App Store,” Parler was required to submit an update and a “requested moderation improvement plan within 24 hours of the date of the message,” which was sent on Friday morning. Apple said if it did not receive an update from the company within that time frame, the app would be removed from the App store.
An Apple spokesperson declined to comment.
On Parler, CEO John Matze struck a defiant tone. “We will not cave to pressure from anti-competitive actors! We will and always have enforced our rules against violence and illegal activity. But we WONT cave to politically motivated companies and those authoritarians who hate free speech!” he wrote in a message.
“Anyone who buys an Apple phone is apparently a user. Apperently they know what is best for you by telling you which apps you may and may not use,” he added.
Launched in 2018, Parler has become a safe haven for people that have been banned or suspended by popular social networks including Facebook and Twitter for violating those platforms’ rules. The Henderson, Nevada–based company has billed itself as a free speech alternative to mainstream social networks and taken a more relaxed approach to content moderation, attracting conspiracy theorists, members of hate groups, and right-wing activists who have openly incited violence. Recent threads on Parler, for example, have called for the execution of Vice President Mike Pence, and encouraged the conspiracy theory that left-wing antifa activists were behind Wednesday’s events.
Republican lawmakers including Sen. Ted Cruz and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy as well as President Donald Trump’s family members and surrogates have all established accounts on Parler, and have urged their followers on other social media sites to migrate there.
“Content of this dangerous and harmful nature is not appropriate for the App Store. As you know from prior conversations with App Review, Apple requires apps with user generated content to effectively moderate to ensure objectionable, potentially harmful content is filtered out,” the iPhone maker wrote in its letter. “Content that threatens the well being of others or is intended to incite violence or other lawless acts has never been acceptable on the App Store.”
The full text of the letter follows:
We require your immediate attention regarding serious App Store guideline violations that we have found with your app, Parler.
We have received numerous complaints regarding objectionable content in your Parler service, accusations that the Parler app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate the illegal activities in Washington D.C. on January 6, 2021 that led (among other things) to loss of life, numerous injuries, and the destruction of property. The app also appears to continue to be used to plan and facilitate yet further illegal and dangerous activities.
Our investigation has found that Parler is not effectively moderating and removing content that encourages illegal activity and poses a serious risk to the health and safety of users in direct violation of your own terms of service, found here: https://legal.parler.com/documents/Elaboration-on-Guidelines.pdf
Examples of these complaints can be viewed on these links:
Content of this dangerous and harmful nature is not appropriate for the App Store. As you know from prior conversations with App Review, Apple requires apps with user generated content to effectively moderate to ensure objectionable, potentially harmful content is filtered out. Content that threatens the well being of others or is intended to incite violence or other lawless acts has never been acceptable on the App Store.
Your CEO was quoted recently saying “But I don’t feel responsible for any of this and neither should the platform, considering we’re a neutral town square that just adheres to the law.” We want to be clear that Parler is in fact responsible for all the user generated content present on your service and for ensuring that this content meets App Store requirements for the safety and protection of our users. We won’t distribute apps that present dangerous and harmful content.
We have now rejected your app for the App Store Review Guidelines detailed below.
Guideline 1.1 – Safety – Objectionable Content
We found that your app includes content that some users may find upsetting, offensive, or otherwise objectionable. Specifically, we found direct threats of violence and calls to incite lawless action.
Guideline 1.2 – Safety – User Generated Content
Your app enables the display of user-generated content but does not have sufficient precautions in place to effectively manage objectionable content present in your app.
See the attached screenshots for more details.
Nothing is more important to the App Store than the safety of our users. You must resolve these issue immediately for your app to remain on the App Store.
Please remove all objectionable content from your app and submit your revised binary for review. Such content includes any content similar to the examples attached to this message, as well as any content referring to harm to people or attacks on government facilities now or at any future date. In addition, you must respond to this message with detailed information about how you intend to moderate and filter this content from your app, and what you will do to improve moderation and content filtering your service for this kind of objectionable content going forward.
To ensure there is no interruption of the availability of your app on the App Store, please submit an update and the requested moderation improvement plan within 24 hours of the date of this message. If we do not receive an update compliant with the App Store Review Guidelines and the requested moderation improvement plan in writing within 24 hours, your app will be removed from the App Store.
If you have any questions about this message, please reply and let us know.
App Review Board
Source: – BuzzFeed News
OnePlus teases an announcement for March 8 – GSMArena.com news – GSMArena.com
It’s about time we get a release date for the OnePlus 9 series and the company’s official site has teased a big announcement for March 8. Before you get your hopes too high, this will likely be the date when we get the official launch date for the new OnePlus flagships and not their actual launch event. The short teaser only mentions that “Something new is on the horizon” and the page is titled Moonshot alluding to the launch of a spacecraft or in this case new phone lineup.
We’ve already seen plenty of leaks regarding the OnePlus 9 series which specify three phones. The OnePlus 9E/Lite will be the affordable entry with a 6.5-inch FHD+ display with 90Hz refresh rate, Snapdragon 690 chipset and 64MP primary camera. The vanilla OnePlus 9 should up the refresh rate to 120Hz and will be powered by the flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset. We’re expecting a triple camera setup with a 48MP main shooter on the back.
The 9 Pro will come with a larger curved 6.78-inch QHD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate LTPO panel. Snapdragon 888 and 4,500 mAh battery with 65W wired and 45W wireless charging. As far as cameras we should see a wide, ultrawide, macro and depth sensor module layout but no dedicated periscope. We’ve heard rumors about a 48MP main shooter and 16MP selfie cam but nothing more. OnePlus is working with Hasselblad for the 9 Pro’s cameras so expectations are higher than in previous years.
Teaser and details about the new character at Hu Tao • JPGAMES.DE – haveeruonline
Personal update Efido Jinshin The last was in early February, As a spear user, Xiao entered the field. Now the next addition has been announced and development studio Myhoyo has released a teaser, as well as some details about the ghost of Hu Tao.
As testified by the joke, a good woman has a relationship with life after death. As the current director of Wangsheng Funeral Home, the line between the living world and the dead is visible on the back of her hand.
Additional information about Hu Tao
Aside from the humor, there were some other details about Hu Tao, in particular The impact of Kanda to Twitter to Jenshi. Like Xiao before her, the director struggles with a bayonet, but uses a Bayrou item. Your initial ability uses up a portion of your health, but temporarily increases the damage you take. She can compensate by her basic outburst, which not only causes damage, but also heals Hu Tao.
Despite his dark work, Huo Tao has a very happy personality and hates to sit and do anything. By the way, Brianna Knickerbocker spoke to him in English, while Takahashi Ray spoke in Japanese in her own voice. Searching for the story of Hu Tao will be titled “Papilio Sorondis” chapter, in which you will reach the adventure ranking 40, and must have completed the first chapter of the Archangel Mission: Chapter 2 “Goodbye, Old Lord” in advance.
By the way, in the “Momento de Floor” prayer from March 2 to 16, you are more likely to get the new five-star character. The four-star characters Songhyun, Jingqiu and Xiangling are easily accessible through event prayers.
This is the effect of jinx
Genesis Impact is available for PlayStation 4, mobile devices and computers. Ann Official website You can find more information about PC Client and Kenshine Impact. Posted on other sites, For example, the Nintendo Switch is already in the planning stages. The title will appear on the PlayStation 5 with revised graphics and load times. But Jinshin has an effect He raised more than 5 245 million. It is now Soundtrack Spotify and Co. Available at.!
Personal comedy for Hu Tao
Devoted web lover. Food expert. Hardcore twitter maven. Thinker. Freelance organizer. Social media enthusiast. Creator. Beer buff.
Shortage of microchips is shortcutting mobile phone manufacturing – Global Times
The Kunpeng 920 chip, among other server chips, showcased at Huawei Beijing research center. Photo:CGTN
A global microchip shortage is plaguing the entire cell phone manufacturing, as well as hitting personal computer making and car production.
The shortage is spurred by COVID-19-induced supply crunch, the fallout from US’ trade war and a fierce arms race, according to mobile phone manufacturers and experts, and the chip shortfall is likely to last for months.
A growing chorus of mobile phone vendors warned in recent weeks they cannot access enough chips to make their products.
“The chips and other components from Qualcomm are out of stock, including power supply and RF devices,” a person with Chinese smartphone maker Realme said on Monday.
“There’s a shortage of microchips this year. It’s not just shortfall but severe shortage,” Lu Weibing, vice president of Xiaomi group said on his Weibo account on Feb 24.
Jiang Xiaofeng, sales director of Umidigi, a Chinese mobile phone company, told Global Times on Monday that the whole industry is facing challenges including increasing prices of raw materials and even running out of stock.
“Due to the influence of COVID-19, the cost of mobile phone manufacturing industry is rising rapidly.” said Jiang.
Jiang noted that the price of semiconductor chips keeps rising, which affect their manufacturing directly, and the production cost may not go down in a short time.
Key industrial players like Qualcomm, have noted the shortage. “The shortage in the semiconductor industry is across the board,” said incoming Qualcomm CEO Cristiano Amon in January, CNBC reported.
The delivery time of the whole series of materials for Qualcomm has been extended to more than 30 weeks, and the delivery time of CSR Bluetooth audio chips to 33 weeks, Yicai reported, citing person in the mobile industrial chain.
Some chip makers which cannot resume normal production because of the US sanction measures, such as SMIC, also exacerbated the market shortage, Xiang Ligang, director-general of the Beijing-based Information Consumption Alliance, told the Global Times on Monday.
As a result major smartphone makers have begun hoarding components which helped accelerate the market shortage, Xiang added.
Umidigi, for example, had prepared a batch of smart phone chips in advance, according to Jiang. “We usually pre-stock materials for our manufacturing capacity in advance of three to six months based on our plans,” said Jiang.
He said the current chips for the company can meet the requirement of daily manufacturing capacity and company’s stocked chips can be used until the end of the second quarter of 2021.
Other mobile phone manufacturers including Huawei, Oppo, vivo are also reported to increase stocking components.
Experts predicted that chips are likely to remain in short supply over the coming months as demand remains higher than ever.
According to the Semiconductor Industry Association, global chip sales would grow 8.4 percent in 2021 from 2020′s total of $433 billion, up from 5.1 percent year-on-year.
Xiang estimates there will be a short-term price hike up due to the uneven supply and demand, but the shortage would be eased by the second half of the year. “As far as I know chip manufacturers are increasing their production capacity and China’s accelerated speed in the construction of chip foundries is also expected to ease the shortage,” he said.
Xiao Yaqing, Minister of the Ministry of industry and information technology, told a briefing on Monday that China will provide necessary support at the national level to build a market-oriented semiconductor industry.
“We will increase tax cuts for IC enterprises and further enhance the basic foundation of the industry including raw materials, technology and equipment,” Xiao said.
Hurdles remain in Canada-U.S. relationship despite renewed commitments – CBC.ca
Maple Leaf Notes: Galchenyuk, Matthews, Andersen, Campbell – prohockeyrumors.com
OnePlus teases an announcement for March 8 – GSMArena.com news – GSMArena.com
Silver investment demand jumped 12% in 2019
Iran anticipates renewed protests amid social media shutdown
Galaxy M31 July 2020 security update brings Glance, a content-driven lockscreen wallpaper service
Art23 hours ago
'He stood out': The art, life and struggle of Hamilton artist and outcast Philip Stone – Toronto Star
Sports23 hours ago
Holl's physical decision in win versus Oilers a boost Maple Leafs could use every so often – Toronto Sun
Sports24 hours ago
Report Cards: Complete team effort from Toronto Maple Leafs ends Oilers' winning streak – Maple Leafs Hot Stove
Art18 hours ago
Saskatoon-area painter, sculptor selected to make official Disney artwork — from Moana to Mulan – CBC.ca
Economy22 hours ago
The Economy, Oil Demand And Prices – Forbes
Sports10 hours ago
Auston Matthews, Frederik Andersen return to Toronto Maple Leafs practice on Sunday – TSN
Science8 hours ago
Perseverance Seen From Space by ESA’s ExoMars Orbiter – Universe Today
Science23 hours ago
Mars City design: 6 sci-fi cities that will blow your mind – Inverse